9" posi, 3:50, 31 spline - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTANG View Post
Last unit did sell...thanks. I will be going through storage soon, I know I have more. I do have a 31 spline, heavy 4 pin, all rebuilt with quality parts, 3:89 posi center, that I have not posted yet. Timken bearings, Richmond gears...ect. I need to get the date code off it before I put a price on it. If anybody is interested, I post pics and a price. This unit is really nice, and built by a reputable business. Here's how the add read when I bought it.

THESE ARE FRESH FROM THE BENCH OF P*L**'S POSI SERVICE. EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW THESE ARE NOT JUNK YARD TAKE OUTS, SO IF YOU WANT A BRAND NEW REAR, BUY THESE. I WILL NOT SELL FOR LESS THAN $800 THE MAJOR BUILDERS SELL THIS SAME UNIT FOR $1000+. THIS IS A FORD 3:89, 31 SPLINE POSI, WITH MOTOR SPORT CLUTCHES, RICHMOND HIGH PERFORMANCE NEW RING AND PINION, TIMKEN BEARINGS, AND NATIONAL SEALS. I HAVE BEEN BUILDING HI PERFORMANCE REARS FOR 30+ YEARS. WHEN THESE ARE GONE, IM RETIRING, SO GET YOURS TODAY

I need $750 + shipping in US for this one. Thanks.
This ones sold...Thanks VMF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

31 spline 3:50 posi 9 center section

Hello, I have a 31 spline, 4 pin, 3:50 gear posi for sale. No chipped teeth, no rust or pits, no cracks between ring bolts, and no clutch spring rub through on side hat. I put a new pinion seal in it and painted it semi gloss black. Its a used drop out. Shipping is always a chunk because of the weight, so figure 75 lbs. from 68057 UPS. I take great care to package these center sections in a plastic container heavily padded with foam insulation. I need $400 for this unit, I will pay the insurance, the extra fee I get charged for the center NOT being in a cardboard box...(stupid rule), and you pay the shipping. I accept Postal Money Orders, or Bank Money Orders. Pay Pal with a $10 extra fee as a last resort. Thanks for looking...happy motoring!
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hello, I have a 31 spline, 4 pin, 3:50 gear posi for sale. No chipped teeth, no rust or pits, no cracks between ring bolts, and no clutch spring rub through on side hat. I put a new pinion seal in it and painted it semi gloss black. Its a used drop out. Shipping is always a chunk because of the weight, so figure 75 lbs. from 68057 UPS. I take great care to package these center sections in a plastic container heavily padded with foam insulation. I need $400 for this unit, I will pay the insurance, the extra fee I get charged for the center NOT being in a cardboard box...(stupid rule), and you pay the shipping. I accept Postal Money Orders, or Bank Money Orders. Pay Pal with a $10 extra fee as a last resort. Thanks for looking...happy motoring!
Need help with shipping figures?
I MIGHT pay something towards shipping to get this sold?...Thanks.

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Need help with shipping figures?
I MIGHT pay something towards shipping to get this sold?...Thanks.
This unit sold...thanks fellow VMF's.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

3.25 posi

Up today is a rare 3.25 gear ratio, 31 spline, 4 pin, limited slip center section. It is a used drop out. Here's an honest evaluation after inspection. It feels good on bearings, very little pinion to gear slop (good), the pinion seal behind yoke was dry with no oil leakage, no chipped teeth, but the gear teeth have condensation rust stains and lite pitting. If I put this in a project I planned on driving a lot, I might freshen it up, otherwise I would clean and paint it, then install as is, maybe put a pinion seal in it for good measure. I don't know the condition of the friction clutches, I never drove the donor 75 pickup it come out of. One thing interesting is the center was removed at one time and reinstalled. It did not have new axle bearings or outer housing seals, so that tells me it might have has new clutches put in. It was in a 75 half ton 2wd 390 4spd pickup, and the tag verifies this so its not a trans plant either. Again, this is just an opinion, I can not verify clutch and friction conditions. I can send pic of rust on teeth that dose not effect operation. This center is too heavy for FEDEX shipping, so UPS is my only current option other than pickup in person. This unit is $375 plus shipping. Heads up - shipping is expensive due to weight. Pay Pal OK if gifted, postal, and bank money orders accepted. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by MYTANG; 10-11-2015 at 04:40 PM.
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Up today is a rare 3.25 gear ratio, 31 spline, 4 pin, limited slip center section. It is a used drop out. Here's an honest evaluation after inspection. It feels good on bearings, very little pinion to gear slop (good), the pinion seal behind yoke was dry with no oil leakage, no chipped teeth, but the gear teeth have condensation rust stains and lite pitting. If I put this in a project I planned on driving a lot, I might freshen it up, otherwise I would clean and paint it, then install as is, maybe put a pinion seal in it for good measure. I don't know the condition of the friction clutches, I never drove the donor 75 pickup it come out of. One thing interesting is the center was removed at one time and reinstalled. It did not have new axle bearings or outer housing seals, so that tells me it might have has new clutches put in. It was in a 75 half ton 2wd 390 4spd pickup, and the tag verifies this so its not a trans plant either. Again, this is just an opinion, I can not verify clutch and friction conditions. I can send pic of rust on teeth that dose not effect operation. This center is too heavy for FEDEX shipping, so UPS is my only current option other than pickup in person. This unit is $375 plus shipping. Heads up - shipping is expensive due to weight. Pay Pal OK if gifted, postal, and bank money orders accepted. Thanks for looking.

The slit headed bolts are factory, the plain headed bolts are not. This was opened up at one time for sure. I am still leaning towards a posi rebuild at one time.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

New price on 3.25 posi. $350 plus shipping. Thanks.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Here is a brand new 31 spline limited slip posi innards. It has Timken bearings already installed. The bearings look to be slightly used, they are excellent and tight. This is a great upgrade for your 9 rear end, its all new, not rebuilt! Price is $295 with free shipping in the USA, or $275, and you pay shipping. Read my previous payment options in the other post. Thanks for looking.
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Here is a brand new 31 spline limited slip posi innards. It has Timken bearings already installed. The bearings look to be slightly used, they are excellent and tight. This is a great upgrade for your 9 rear end, its all new, not rebuilt! Price is $295 with free shipping in the USA, or $275, and you pay shipping. Read my previous payment options in the other post. Thanks for looking.
Anyone interested if I build this unit into a all new 3.50 ratio center section? Or any ratio you would like? Thanks.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
New price on 3.25 posi. $325 plus shipping. Thanks.
Updated
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Updated
PM me an offer on the 3.25? I will politely say no thanks, or I will consider it, or yes.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

posi

I have the posi center section with 3.50 gears out of this 31 spline N case rear, that's for sale. This is a used pull out. The gears are pitted, I have pic if wanted to send via email. The parts are from the one in the picture. $225 free ship with gears, or $200 free ship without gears...both in USA. This only for the guts, not the case. Thanks.

post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 08:32 AM

PM Sent

69 Coupe Restomod - 347
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=MYTANG;7375322]Up today is a rare 3.25 gear ratio, 31 spline, 4 pin, limited slip center section. It is a used drop out. Here's an honest evaluation after inspection. It feels good on bearings, very little pinion to gear slop (good), the pinion seal behind yoke was dry with no oil leakage, no chipped teeth, but the gear teeth have condensation rust stains and lite pitting. If I put this in a project I planned on driving a lot, I might freshen it up, otherwise I would clean and paint it, then install as is, maybe put a pinion seal in it for good measure. I don't know the condition of the friction clutches, I never drove the donor 75 pickup it come out of. One thing interesting is the center was removed at one time and reinstalled. It did not have new axle bearings or outer housing seals, so that tells me it might have has new clutches put in. It was in a 75 half ton 2wd 390 4spd pickup, and the tag verifies this so its not a trans plant either. Again, this is just an opinion, I can not verify clutch and friction conditions. I can send pic of rust on teeth that dose not effect operation. This center is too heavy for FEDEX shipping, so UPS is my only current option other than pickup in person. This unit is $375 plus shipping. Heads up - shipping is expensive due to weight. Pay Pal OK if gifted, postal, and bank money orders accepted. Thanks for looking.

This unit has been sold.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

N Case

This is a 1974 N Case, 31 spline, 4 pin, 3:50 geared posi / limited slip. This is a used drop out.The gears will work, but they are rust pitted. No cracks or chips in teeth, front pinion seal was dry when removed from F100/150. Can send pics of gear teeth via email if you like. I need $650 for this unit, plus shipping USA. Because shipping is so expensive, I will cover anything over $100 in most cases. Thanks.

Last edited by MYTANG; 01-02-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page