9" posi, 3:50, 31 spline - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Posi

This is a 1974 N Case, 31 spline, 4 pin, 3:50 geared posi / limited slip. This is a used drop out.The gears will work, but they are rust pitted. No cracks or chips in teeth, front pinion seal was dry when removed from F100/150. Can send pics of gear teeth via email if you like. Run as is if you like. I need $600 for this unit, plus shipping USA. Because shipping is so expensive, (Jan 1st they increased rates), I will cover anything over $100 in MOST cases. Thanks.

New price...$600 plus shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Here's an all new 31 spline posi unit, with new 3:50 gear ratio gears, 10 used posi bolts with washers, and a used 3L50 limited slip id tag. The bearings were put on the new unit were very low miles in excellent shape. Great stuff to put in your 9 center section, and your yoke would be correct. $400 plus shipping USA.

Last edited by MYTANG; 01-12-2016 at 09:47 PM.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTANG View Post
This is a 1974 N Case, 31 spline, 4 pin, 3:50 geared posi / limited slip. This is a used drop out.The gears will work, but they are rust pitted. No cracks or chips in teeth, front pinion seal was dry when removed from F100/150. Can send pics of gear teeth via email if you like. Run as is if you like. I need $575 for this unit, plus shipping USA. Because shipping is so expensive, (Jan 1st they increased rates), I will cover anything over $100 in MOST cases. Thanks.

New price...$575 plus shipping.
ttt...lowered again.

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Here's an all new 31 spline posi unit, with new 3:50 gear ratio gears, 10 used posi bolts with washers, and a used 3L50 limited slip id tag. The bearings were put on the new unit were very low miles in excellent shape. Great stuff to put in your 9 center section, and your yoke would be correct. $400 plus shipping USA.
Now $380 plus USA shipping. Thanks.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Today I have a older Equal Lock for sale. If your car had an equal lock originally, you need this! It was all apart in a box when I got it, I'm not to sure if its missing anything. If anything it looks like there are extra parts. I do have a pic of the inside parts to send via email. YES YOU CAN GET PARTS for these equal locks, I can send links to sellers, and info I have collected. I only want $100 + shipping in U.S. Thanks...

can you send me pictures of what you have on this unit? thanks jacryoung@gmail.com
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Now $375 plus USA shipping. Thanks.
ttt

post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ttt

Down to $350 plus us shipping.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

These items are still for sale MINUS the bolts...I needed them. I would sell gears separate from the posi unit if wanted, and the tag would go with the gears. The bundle is now $325 plus shipping.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

More 2 sell

Hi peoples...I'm back. I have decided to sell the next two 9"posi units I have AS IS, meaning I will still inspect them carefully, give all the details I can see honestly, all without cleaning them up and painting them. Cleaning and painting is very time consuming for me, and my back limits me greatly on how many times I can handle these heavy buggers.

This unit here is a 31 spline, heavy duty 4 pin posi, with 3:50 gears. Some rust stained teeth, that will not effect the operation of the unit. I will send teeth pics if wanted via email. It will need a front pinion seal OR a sleeve for the yoke. Both are easy to do, and both are a $10 part each. I package these units safely, take time off work, and deliver to a carrier...(60 mile round trip), an extra charge because the unit is sent special handling because of weight, so I really cant cut a break on shipping, which in total cost me on average...$100. I need $400 for this unit.....FREE SHIPPING up to $100 Anything over that, will be applied to the total price. PayPal or Postal Money Order works the best for me.

The second unit below had a broken rib on the case that looked terrible, so I swapped the case out to a good extra one that I had. That means the backlash on the gears needs to be reset, and side load on the bearing caps before using. Its the exact same condition as the first unit described. I need $380 for this one, same shipping and payment as previously described. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by MYTANG; 07-31-2016 at 09:46 PM.
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 02:22 PM

Sorry to start this, but the 2nd unit on the grill....is that a"chunk roast"?

1970 428CJ Mach-1
MCA# 60075

"Every day's a Holiday, and every meal's a Picnic"

jackm@parkcitycu.org

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
Sorry to start this, but the 2nd unit on the grill....is that a"chunk roast"?
Silly Willie...its a hogs head fresh off the grill...get it while its hot

I also have guts in the oven, and a pumpkin in the fridge. Get it?

My wife has a very nice rear, but she's keeping it....sorry.

Last edited by MYTANG; 08-01-2016 at 06:49 PM.
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi peoples...I'm back. I have decided to sell the next two 9"posi units I have AS IS, meaning I will still inspect them carefully, give all the details I can see honestly, all without cleaning them up and painting them. Cleaning and painting is very time consuming for me, and my back limits me greatly on how many times I can handle these heavy buggers.

This unit here is a 31 spline, heavy duty 4 pin posi, with 3:50 gears. Some rust stained teeth, that will not effect the operation of the unit. I will send teeth pics if wanted via email. It will need a front pinion seal OR a sleeve for the yoke. Both are easy to do, and both are a $10 part each. I package these units safely, take time off work, and deliver to a carrier...(60 mile round trip), an extra charge because the unit is sent special handling because of weight, so I really cant cut a break on shipping, which in total cost me on average...$100. I need $400 for this unit.....FREE SHIPPING up to $100 Anything over that, will be applied to the total price. PayPal or Postal Money Order works the best for me.

The second unit below had a broken rib on the case that looked terrible, so I swapped the case out to a good extra one that I had. That means the backlash on the gears needs to be reset, and side load on the bearing caps before using. Its the exact same condition as the first unit described. I need $380 for this one, same shipping and payment as previously described. Thanks for looking.
The grill posi is now priced at $350 plus shipping...Thanks.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
This is a 1974 N Case, 31 spline, 4 pin, 3:50 geared posi / limited slip. This is a used drop out.The gears will work, but they are rust pitted. No cracks or chips in teeth, front pinion seal was dry when removed from F100/150. Can send pics of gear teeth via email if you like. I need $650 for this unit, plus shipping USA. Because shipping is so expensive, I will cover anything over $100 in most cases. Thanks.

Lowered this unit to $550, same circumstances. Thanks...
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Lowered this unit to $550, same circumstances. Thanks...
Spring is close...N Case posi lowered to $525, same circumstances. Thanks for looking.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

The two units, the one on the pan and the one on the grill are now $300 each, take your pick, plus shipping.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page