Sedan or wagon
Sunroof would be nice
200+hp
Under $16,000
Under 100,000 miles
Preferably not German
RWD is best, but I'd consider FWD if it was the right car

GO!

My short list so far includes Lexus IS, Infiniti G37, Maybe a Taurus SHO if I can find the right one. CTS is nice, but the V is too expensive and I hear the regular CTS is just ok relative to the competition. Love Acura TL's, but I cannot do that razor blade beak.

What am I missing?

I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to RyanSterling966
Really is a shame what they have done to the TL styling. I had a TL Type-S many years ago. It was my first grownup car. Put a ton of miles on it and it was always FLAWLESS!!

If I was in the market for a sedan in that range I would have a Pontiac G8 GT in my driveway so fast it wouldn't even be funny. My ex GF had one and Iv'e never been a GM man, but holy crap that was a great car to drive. Comfy when you wanted it to be, and can be driven hard when you want to. Plus they are unique and in my opinion really really nice looking cars. She still has it to my knowledge and not had any issues in five years, and that was buying it used (think it was a year or two old then).

Seriously, go drive one, you will be happy you did.

My Build thread:
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...thank-you.html

1966 Coupe I6 with australian head and a weber carb - Gone but not forgotten

2007 Mustang GT custom ordered - SOLD!!

1966 Fastback A-code - Finally Painted

2015 - JEEP Grand Cherokee Altitude Brand new daily driver/parts hauler

Last edited by RyanSterling966; 01-10-2017 at 07:51 PM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh yeah, the G8's are great. Unfortunately the secret is out and they hold their value well. I haven't found any in my price range.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSterling966 View Post
Really is a shame what they have done to the TL styling.
I agree, my wife was a die-hard Acura fanatic, but they drove her away with the styling of the whole line.

'65 A-code coupe, T-10 4-speed, 8" 3.25 limited slip
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 AM

I'm a F-150 guy.
Huskinhano likes this.

68 Fastback.
351Windsor, 4sp, 8" 3.40 TracLok
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...ld-thread.html
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:10 AM

Garage
I have had 4 different Lexus GS 350s over the past 12 years and have loved every one of them. Although smaller, I suspect the IS would be similar.
65fstbpieces likes this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 AM

Subaru Legacy 3.6R (6-cylinder) or 2.5GT (4-cylinder turbo). We just bought our first Subaru for my wife's DD and I'm very impressed. Ours is a new 2017 2.5 (non-turbo) model so it doesn't fit all your specs but it's a whole lot of car for the money and other than the pokey acceleration (which is fine for her but would not satisfy me!) I am very pleased with the ride, handling, equipment, etc. All wheel drive. I know they have the 6 cylinder model and also a few years back they had the WRX's turbo motor in the Legacy GT. From what I've read it was a great sleeper car.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydave View Post
I'm a F-150 guy.
This...if you need one DD that can do pretty much everything you can't beat a nice crew cab F-150 4x4.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks y'all! Feedback is much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knapper View Post
I have had 4 different Lexus GS 350s over the past 12 years and have loved every one of them. Although smaller, I suspect the IS would be similar.
Yeah, I like those too. Unfortunately, it seems that any Lexus with "350" in it is out of my price range or year/milage requirements. Too bad, because they seem to be outstanding cars, and that makes it tough because numbers wise, they're comparable to the Infiniti, which is in my price range. That could be due to the perception that Toyotas are unstoppable and Nissans are just darn good, depending on model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_g View Post
Subaru Legacy 3.6R (6-cylinder) or 2.5GT (4-cylinder turbo).
I've never been that attracted to Subarus, but they've undoubtedly gotten better looking over the last several years. I have a good friend that's owned several including a modded-to-the-gills magazine cover car. His advice was to drive one that suits me and see what I think, and above all, don't mod it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTguy View Post
This...if you need one DD that can do pretty much everything you can't beat a nice crew cab F-150 4x4.
Yeah, that's not what I want. Despite all my Texan pride, I prefer sitting low and being nimble, two things an F150 is not. Couple that with the fact that a comparable milage/year crew cab 4x4 is way out of my price range. My wife drives a 2010 Ford Edge SUV, and that's all the hauling capacity/utility I need.

I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 AM

I drive a Cadillac ATS 2.5l gas mileage is great if you need more power get 2.0T GM's customer service is great I have a bumper to bumper 7 years 100,000 miles warranty that includes all electronics, oil changes etc, free loaner for life usually an ATS or CTS. Buying used I'd definitely get a CPO car the electronic modules, touch pads etc are worth more than gold.

69 2 dr Coupe 351W FMX Comp Cams Roller Holley Street Avenger
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeTX View Post
Thanks y'all! Feedback is much appreciated.

Yeah, I like those too. Unfortunately, it seems that any Lexus with "350" in it is out of my price range or year/milage requirements. Too bad, because they seem to be outstanding cars, and that makes it tough because numbers wise, they're comparable to the Infiniti, which is in my price range. That could be due to the perception that Toyotas are unstoppable and Nissans are just darn good, depending on model.

I've never been that attracted to Subarus, but they've undoubtedly gotten better looking over the last several years. I have a good friend that's owned several including a modded-to-the-gills magazine cover car. His advice was to drive one that suits me and see what I think, and above all, don't mod it, lol.

Yeah, that's not what I want. Despite all my Texan pride, I prefer sitting low and being nimble, two things an F150 is not. Couple that with the fact that a comparable milage/year crew cab 4x4 is way out of my price range. My wife drives a 2010 Ford Edge SUV, and that's all the hauling capacity/utility I need.
Ok ok.....being Texan I should have suggested a F-350 PSD with a 6" lift and 37"....as DD
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:25 PM

Hyundai Genesis

1973 Mustang Convertible
460 D0VE-C Heads w/CJ size valves, Lunati voodoo 227/233 cam, Edelbrock performer rpm manifold, FPA headers, Holley 950 HP carb, C6 w/2500 stall converter, 3.25 trac lock
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Look into a second generation Ford Fusion. (2013-2017). We picked up a '14 Titanium and love it. Heated leather seats, sunroof, 2.0L EcoBoost, SYNC with NAV, etc. Ours is really loaded, but you can get the SE with the 2.0 EcoBoost as an option in that price range, or a Titanium with a few less options (no driver assist/blind spot, no nav, etc.).

Is it a Lexus or Cadillac? No, but it drives beautifully and is peppy (235HP, that can easily be tuned up). My son just bought a used CLA250 and it has all the same features and options the wife's Fusion has (memory seat, et all) but he bought it for the badge and prestige. He didn't like it when I told him the CLA250 is the Ford Fiesta of the Mercedes lineup... LOL!

HTH...
Mark
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:33 PM

Garage

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to RyanSterling966
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeTX View Post
Oh yeah, the G8's are great. Unfortunately the secret is out and they hold their value well. I haven't found any in my price range.
I went on cargurus just yesterday and found a bunch in your range. Here are the results I got and that was just for the GT's with the V8.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true

Honestly it made me think about offloading my Jeep and picking one up.

My Build thread:
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...thank-you.html

1966 Coupe I6 with australian head and a weber carb - Gone but not forgotten

2007 Mustang GT custom ordered - SOLD!!

1966 Fastback A-code - Finally Painted

2015 - JEEP Grand Cherokee Altitude Brand new daily driver/parts hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page