Johnpro's Birthday - Vintage Mustang Forums

10Likes
  • 10 Post By JeffTepper

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Johnpro's Birthday

As I've gotten older, I find that I seem to have gotten somewhat sentimental if not outright "mental". At any rate, I am reminded that February 13th was his birthday and though he has been gone for 6+ years, I still remember him, his role and impact on this community, and the fact that he was a good friend to us all. RIP buddy.

For those newbies who never had the pleasure of meeting or communicating with John while he was alive, look through the archives here and over at Stangfix for the sense of his tremendous generosity and knowledge. Like many others who have left this community too soon, John was a great guy.
boss351, aslan, Huskinhano and 7 others like this.

url]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg[/url]

*67 Vintage Burgundy 390GTA has moved on to its next caretaker*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:13 AM

I was just thinking about him the other day. Yeah, he was a great guy always willing to help anyone at anytime.

Tom

I'm not a complete idiot, pieces are missing.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:24 AM

Well said Jeff. Rip Johnpro

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:30 AM

Garage
One of the really good guys.

69 Mach 1, 351W, T5, owned for 29 years, 03 Mach 1 Azure Blue, 65 fastback, 289, C4 (son's), 67 fastback, 289, C4 (wife's)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Myopic

I'm glad I got to shoot pool with him all those years ago He didn't win though.

Nick
1965 Fastback 410c AOD - DT
1967 Fastback 347 T5- Cruiser
1968 Fastback 408w T5 - Brute
1991 GT Hatch - Fauxbra
1996 Dodge Viper GTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUK2D0GjdY
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Nick, we didn't have a chance against the "Shark from Baltimore" !! lol

url]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg[/url]

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:30 AM

He was a wealth of knowledge and willing to share it. He helped me out.

65 GT coupe. 351W. Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, manifold, cam. Toploader. 9" with 3.70 trac-loc. 4 wheel discs. Leather seats. The actual car I learned to drive in over 45 years ago (except for the mods!).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTepper View Post
As I've gotten older, I find that I seem to have gotten somewhat sentimental if not outright "mental". At any rate, I am reminded that February 13th was his birthday and though he has been gone for 6+ years, I still remember him, his role and impact on this community, and the fact that he was a good friend to us all. RIP buddy.

For those newbies who never had the pleasure of meeting or communicating with John while he was alive, look through the archives here and over at Stangfix for the sense of his tremendous generosity and knowledge. Like many others who have left this community too soon, John was a great guy.
RIP John. Every once in a while when doing searches I will come across some older posts of his & remembering how willing he was to always help out with his knowledge.

2000 Ranger 4X4 (my DD)
1999 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
2008 Escape (spare)
1969 Mustang Coupe (project)
Build thread; http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html
AKA; mike65
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 PM

I wish that I had gotten to meet Johnpro, but he was before my time by just a year or so. Real shame. He has always sounded to me like the kind of guy who can make a group of internet assholes feel like an actual community

Calamity Jane 1966 Modified Fastback - Driven semi-daily!
Wrecked and rebuilt even better
289 v8, 4-speed, 3.25 9" rear, goodies and stuff.

See my travel blog here for my adventures: http://calamityjaneroadtrip.blogspot.com/
2014: 10,051 mile, 2-month-long road trip around America
2015: 3,000 mile trip to Knotts in CA, CO to East Coast, an engine rebuild or two
2016: East Coast to TX, Hot August Nights, more trips to the East Coast
2017: Several long trips in the works! Stay tuned
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Kelly:

You are right about John being the social adhesive that helps to hold a rag tag group such as this one together. Perhaps it was John's winning the "Dufus Award" after sharing self deprecating stories about his project outcomes which include:

The lug nuts not being tight and the wheel coming loose in traffic and rolling past a number of moving cars without hitting anything just after his wife commented on how smoothly the car was riding; or

Going back under the car to work on the suspension only to find the missing wrench he used on a project still attached to the bolt after a year of driving around; or

A rubber sanding block "disappearing" while preparing his car for paint only to turn up on a long trip stuck between a header pipe and another fixed object in the engine compartment, as he was looking for the source of smoke from burning rubber coming out from under the car.

Yes, I think you would split a gut laughing at John's stories.

Here is Justin's link to the Mustang centric slide show that was shared at his memorial:

Johnpro |authorSTREAM

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:48 PM
phw

Extremely helpful guy he was - RIP John.

Bear with my English. I'm trying :-)

Loaded -67 GTA Conv. S-code w/ factory Bench Seat.

Check my stang site www.1967mustang.dk for more information about:
The car.
1967 Mustang accessories.
1967 Promo stuff.
Toys, etc.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 10:32 PM

I was very flattered when John began PM-ing me about my 408w AFR heads build, TKO, hydraulic clutch, and 9" gear swap with a video I found. He was amazingly knowledgeable but wanted to learn even more, which is the mark of a smart man. I was happy to share what I had learned with such a legend on the VMF... we built practically the same car on opposite coasts.
As much as the Internet community misses him, I'm sure it isnt 1/100th of what he meant to his family. I recently lost an uncle that played an oversized role in his immediate family's lives, helping the kids on the most trivial things even when they themselves were in their fifties. None of the six children could hold a candle to him in terms of knowledge or selflessness. The family was devastated beyond the usual loss of a loved one for that reason. I get the sense John was like that- extremely capable, willing to help others to a rare degree, and fun to be around. I hope his family has adjusted as best as can be expected.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page