Purple Mattress - Vintage Mustang Forums

1Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Purple Mattress

Anyone have one? The wife and I are looking into buying a new mattress and see the purple mattress advertised a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1966 Mustang Coupe, 289, 4v
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:12 AM

I've heard them advertise the Casper mattress on Howard Stern a lot. I've wondered about these online mattresses. I'd find a retailer of this type of mattress and try one out. It would just be a hassle if you order one and don't like it.

67 Shelby Clone
2008 Shelby Convertible

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:30 AM

I love some of the mattress ads. Try for 30 days if you don't like we take it back!

Ever wonder what the maker/seller does with that slightly used mattress?

We had a slightly used mattress a few years ago, it had been covered with a leak proof cover,
extra long twin premium mattress. Could not be told from new. We tried every charity to
the homeless shelters. Many sleep on piles of old blankets or rugs. None were allowed to accept a used mattress.

Ended up in the village dumpster!

My '64 1/2 vert. Ordered May '64. D code 4 speed, handling package, caspian blue, accent group, Ford blue manual top.

'68 vert. driver. Owned since Apr '78. C code AT, AC, PS, P disc B, PT lime gold, standard black interior and top. NOS RF fender and left quarter.New top and folding glass.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:45 AM

My wife and I are looking at the Tuft and Needle mattress.. A little cheaper than the Casper, but still online.

They offer a 100 day money back guarantee.. If you don't like it, they help you find a local charity to donate it to.

I'm still skeptical if I want to buy an online mattress, but at least it won't end up in some dumpster if I don't like it.

-Shannon

1965 Mustang convertible

347 Stroker with Holley Dominator EFI
Street or Track coil-over suspension
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 PM

We have a Casper we bought online and really like it, it's been a good mattress for us. We've had it several years now. Casper scored high on Consumer Reports, which is one of the reasons my wife bought it. And they have a 90 day love it or leave it no hassle trial period, where you just send it back to them (for free!) if you don't like it. Ours came folded up in a big box in UPS.

67 coupe with 5.0 and C4 (Viper GTS Blue, paint code PBE, since everybody asks)
69 Mach 1 428 SCJ drag pack
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
I love some of the mattress ads. Try for 30 days if you don't like we take it back!

Ever wonder what the maker/seller does with that slightly used mattress?

We had a slightly used mattress a few years ago, it had been covered with a leak proof cover,
extra long twin premium mattress. Could not be told from new. We tried every charity to
the homeless shelters. Many sleep on piles of old blankets or rugs. None were allowed to accept a used mattress.

Ended up in the village dumpster!
Purple says they'll refund your money and have a local charity pick it up from your house. My wife and I are saving for a king size purple currently. In a pinch, the Wal Mart brand (spa sensations) memory foam mattress has been quite impressive for a $300 dollar quick fix in the time being.

I've looked into ghost bed and purple and just like the idea of purple better.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Purple Mattress

I like the idea of the purple more so than the Casper and the tuft and needle because they say it sleeps cooler. Both the wife and I are hot sleepers.

Plus I've read lots of reviews about people that wake up with back pain and this mattress helped. I can barely walk when I wake in the morning because of my back. I have a sealy right now, not really a cheap one either but it's about 7 years old and it's time for a change.
A mechanic I learned from once told me, have the best boots and the best bed cause if either hurt your work suffers, and you will also.

1966 Mustang Coupe, 289, 4v
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 07:46 AM

We bought a memory foam sealy mattresses online a while back.
They were $1800 for a cali king.
The box springs were in two separate pieces and when they were put together they were about 4" shorter that the mattress itself.
Oh well, they are really comfortable.
Also bought a 3 door fridge, one door was a bit higher than the other.
Call CS about the door issue, they said that's the way they come (BS).
Oh well, it keeps my beer cold, probably could have got a better deal at sears for less than $1400 since they are struggling.
It's probably time for a new mattress next year, I'll have to check the purple mattress out.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:51 AM

My wife and I were shopping for a new full size mattress last year. This was for our guest bedroom, that get's used maybe 4 times a year.
I thought I would have to get second mortgage to afford one. WTF is the deal with the prices of a mattress!
We bought a nice Sealy for a great price at SamsClub. IIRC, Costco also had some good prices.

On a side note.
There is a product I am AMAZED with.
I have just found out that all my shoulder/arm pain is due to a herniated disc in my neck, I have had this condition for 7 years now.
For the last month, my constant pain has subsided a lot.
This is the same time I started using an extra firm MY PILLOW.
I sh$# you not. This is the greatest pillow I have ever had. I am sleeping a thousand times better, and my pain has subsided so I do not wake up every 15 minutes in agony.
I can actually sleep through the night now.
I can not say enough good things about the MY PILLOW. Give it a try if you have back and neck problems like me.

Joe in Detroit
1969 Mustang Sports Roof (SAG = Sports Appearance Group) 1 of only 5,729
1966 Ranchero Custom 1 of only 11,000 made. (For Sale)
2014 Mustang V6 premium pony package
1969 Mustang Grande (sold)

Personal Quote from 5-1-15. ''DRIVE IT LIKE YOU HAVE TO POOP!"

"It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
Trees flew by, me and Del were singin' little Runaway
I was flyin'"
Tom Petty, Runnin Down A Dream.

Last edited by 1969sag; 02-15-2017 at 09:54 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbster1966 View Post
I like the idea of the purple more so than the Casper and the tuft and needle because they say it sleeps cooler. Both the wife and I are hot sleepers.

Plus I've read lots of reviews about people that wake up with back pain and this mattress helped. I can barely walk when I wake in the morning because of my back. I have a sealy right now, not really a cheap one either but it's about 7 years old and it's time for a change.
A mechanic I learned from once told me, have the best boots and the best bed cause if either hurt your work suffers, and you will also.

The back pain is the reason we had to get the new mattress. I can sleep on anything but our mattress was hurting my wife's back so she bought our Casper and she felt better right away. It's a pretty stiff mattress though...some people don't like that. The one thing that is really nice about dense foam mattresses is that the entire mattress doesn't bounce and shake when somebody rolls over. If I bounce on my side it's not very noticeable on my wife's side.

And sometimes I like to jump on the bed in the middle of the night

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

67 coupe with 5.0 and C4 (Viper GTS Blue, paint code PBE, since everybody asks)
69 Mach 1 428 SCJ drag pack
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969sag View Post
My wife and I were shopping for a new full size mattress last year. This was for our guest bedroom, that get's used maybe 4 times a year.
I thought I would have to get second mortgage to afford one. WTF is the deal with the prices of a mattress!
We bought a nice Sealy for a great price at SamsClub. IIRC, Costco also had some good prices.

On a side note.
There is a product I am AMAZED with.
I have just found out that all my shoulder/arm pain is due to a herniated disc in my neck, I have had this condition for 7 years now.
For the last month, my constant pain has subsided a lot.
This is the same time I started using an extra firm MY PILLOW.
I sh$# you not. This is the greatest pillow I have ever had. I am sleeping a thousand times better, and my pain has subsided so I do not wake up every 15 minutes in agony.
I can actually sleep through the night now.
I can not say enough good things about the MY PILLOW. Give it a try if you have back and neck problems like me.
x2 My Pillow user also, they are great.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:20 PM

Perfect timing, as we're shopping for a new mattress this weekend. Not at a big box store, or online...but at a mattress recycler that's about 2 miles from my house.

This company, a non-profit, recycles mattresses for $10 if you haul in, $25 if they pick up. Cheaper than the dump, and they actually tear it apart and recycle all the different parts. And those mattresses that get sent back during their trial period? Yup - he gets them, and resells them. My chiropractor - the one that told me about this guy - bought 3 "used" mattresses and box springs at $200/set. Went home and price matched online...and they're $3000 mattress sets. He also has new ones priced at $400/set (queen). Tempurepedic, Sealy, etc. Can't wait, as I'm in a crap ton of pain from our 10yo, $1500 mattress. :-(

1966 Restomod/track car, 1973 Q-code Mach 1, 1989 GT, 1997 F250 diesel, 2005 retired OSP Crown Vic, 2015 Focus ST-2
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastang68 View Post
x2 My Pillow user also, they are great.
I fell for the my pillow ads over Christmas, two nights on that junk and I couldn't send them back fast enough. They did refund my money, but I still advise people to stay away...far away from my pillow
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
Perfect timing, as we're shopping for a new mattress this weekend. Not at a big box store, or online...but at a mattress recycler that's about 2 miles from my house.

This company, a non-profit, recycles mattresses for $10 if you haul in, $25 if they pick up. Cheaper than the dump, and they actually tear it apart and recycle all the different parts. And those mattresses that get sent back during their trial period? Yup - he gets them, and resells them. My chiropractor - the one that told me about this guy - bought 3 "used" mattresses and box springs at $200/set. Went home and price matched online...and they're $3000 mattress sets. He also has new ones priced at $400/set (queen). Tempurepedic, Sealy, etc. Can't wait, as I'm in a crap ton of pain from our 10yo, $1500 mattress. :-(
I thought it was illegal in some states to sell used mattresses.
Take a black light with you. My wife got a small flashlight black light to locate cat messes. It shows all the nasty stuff.
Also.
Be careful of bed bugs. It cost my friend thousands of dollars to rid his home of bed bugs. He also had to throw away almost all his furniture, and all the carpet in his house.
NOT worth it if you ask me. JMHO. I would only buy new.
Sparky66 likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3driver View Post
I fell for the my pillow ads over Christmas, two nights on that junk and I couldn't send them back fast enough. They did refund my money, but I still advise people to stay away...far away from my pillow
We bought ours years ago for the whole family. Sounds like you recently had bought and returned yours. To each their own. But I did hear not too long ago the BBB gave them an F rating. So they must be really screwing up. Sounds typical, the RISE and fall of another company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page