Kicking AT&T to the curb - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Kicking AT&T to the curb

I've finally had it with those bozos, The slow internet speed, the loss of signal, total outages, and the lack of customer service and lying about the type of service, it all adds up and after awhile I can no longer take their BS. When I complained about the slow internet speed, They sent a guy out and he told me my service was set at 3mb and then ran a line test and it showed 1.2mb. His reply was, "1.2 mb is within the standard, you will have to get cable if you want decent internet service" So the cable guy will be here this AM to fix me up.

John

Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
'14 SHO with most all the bells and whistles. Stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:32 AM

Att sends a bunch of punk a**es to assess the internet, tv, phone, alarm issues.
They don't fix sh*t.
They were just by last week for the alarm, it's showing one sensor offline again.
Every time we call them up for the tv screwing up (lost signal, tileing, freezing, etc.) they need to change out a box, swap out a modem, or the all time bull shi* remedy of adding a second modem.
I just painted my whole house!
Now I have go##ammed black cable wires attached to the exterior of my once pristine and uncluttered walls.
My sons homemade gaming computer that he spent $3000 on is always a way for Att to blame the slow internet speed on (oh...he didn't build it right).
They suck!
Rant over.
My wife works for AT&T....we get a discount on all services.

1970 Sportsroof.
Parked in 1977 resurrected in 2015.
Original 302-2V, C4 trans, and 2.79 open differential.
Manual drums, manual steering.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Garage
I agree, at&t suck. Kinda feel stuck with them though. I have at&t and directv which they called me and told me they were changing my phone plan since I qualified for free data have both services. Two months later I get a bill for a whole lot of data. Lady told me that nothing at&t offers is free. So, I agree. At&t is no good.

God bless.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:59 PM

Garage
I've had AT&T for my cell phone for more than 10 years, no issues. And I just moved up to a smart phone, so I'll see how that unlimited deal with DirecTV goes. But since I don't use the internet much on my phone, I doubt I'm using that much. I have Comcast for internet and landline at home because I wasn't in AT&Ts area when I moved to the new house, and Frontier couldn't give me DSL. As much as I hate Comcast for TV, the internet speeds are fabulous.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:18 PM

Garage
I had att uverse installed in our new house. It was already wired for Uverse (and network for that matter) as the previous owners had it.

Took the dude, no joke, 10 hours to get it hooked up and working...sorta. I was getting spotty service and lots of drops. Switched a couple months after and it's been great. 150mb download speed for less than half the price....and havent had any reliability problems (knock on wood)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 PM

Started hating AT&T in the 80's when they gave me an Universal Credit Card. I was religious
about paying it. About 6 months down the road I get a late fee on my statement and I knew
for a fact that the payment had a full week to get to them. I paid them up and showed AT&T
the door. (same thing happened to my girlfriend at the time and she was even more anal about
paying bills)

This AT&T / DirecTV marriage doesn't sit well with me. If I had a viable option for that and the
Tivo, I'd be booting them right now.

I hate AT&T.

As the drill sergeant said, "I taught you everything you know. I didn't teach you everything I know."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
- Douglas Adams
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

The cable guy left about noon, I got all new cable from the booster to my house, about 2 blocks, and new cable inside, he got lucky and fished the wire from the attic down through the wall to an existing box. With three computers and two TV's hooked up using cat 5 cable and 4 devices using WiFi my download is .84gb. If I turn everything off except one computer, it's 1gb. Not bad considering my old DSL speed was 1.2mb

John

Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
'14 SHO with most all the bells and whistles. Stock for now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:28 PM

Made the mistake of trying them as well a couple years ago. It was the most horrible cable/internet experience we've had in 10 years. Back with Comcast Xfinity now. Usually run between 75-100Mb/sec...even though it's supposed to be 125-140 I think. Still way better than AT&T dialup speeds.

Regards,
Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page