Slowly getting back on track with my 67 vert - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Slowly getting back on track with my 67 vert

I have been away from VMF for several years. But I am now living back in Florida, with decent amount of workspace and want to get started back working on my '67 vert. (owned since the early 90s).

Car has not been driven for a while, but has been trailered from FL-to-NY-to-FL-to-IL... and back to FL, within about 10 miles from where I originally bought it..

Car is originally an early '67 C code 3-speed, CA-Red, with a black top and red int.. Now it has a '68 302 4v with a close ratio toploader and 8" 3.80 gears +Trac-Loc..

As I get this car running again.. I am focusing on three major areas..

1) disk brake conversion. Already have most of the parts.. Steve's 13" cobra for the front and ultrastang 11" svo brakes for the back. using Bullit 17" wheels

2) Need to decide a better carb/induction that the edelbrock that's on there now. Tempted by the new Fitech 400hp sytem, but will probably just buy a Holley 650dp, as I have really been trying to make the engine sort of a K-code clone. Solid cam etc.

3) Exhaust. (what I would really like some input on.) Just have the original manifolds and single exhaust right now.

HiPo manifolds, or maybe Try-Y. And want a bolt-in dual exhaust system that will fit through the convertible floor supports nicely. I have the stock Z-bar in right now. I want a healthy sound, but its a vert and don't want it to be too overpowering.

Anyone have any first hand advice for a nice exhaust setup on a '67 vert smallblock?

..Or input on any other aspects of my project.

mark
----------------------------
04 SVT Cobra, Torch Red (daily driver)
67 'vert 302,4spd,Red/Red (almost ready!)
67 Coupe 289,auto,black/black,deluxe (sold)
67 Coupe I6 to V8 conversion (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

ok... I guess I got too wordy...

Where's the best place to buy a set of HiPo manifolds nowadays? And is the fitment ok? I remember some people having issues a while back with bad castings..

mark
----------------------------
04 SVT Cobra, Torch Red (daily driver)
67 'vert 302,4spd,Red/Red (almost ready!)
67 Coupe 289,auto,black/black,deluxe (sold)
67 Coupe I6 to V8 conversion (sold)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 PM

Love your Stang. The Hi Po exhaust manifolds should fit your 68 302 just fine. There are threads on passage matching and changes made to the repo manifolds.
I recommend making the exhaust a separate thread.System for 67 K code should be a perfect fit.

Slim

Bossnine has probably followed changes to the Hi Po repo exhaust manifolds.

My '64 1/2 vert. Ordered May '64. D code 4 speed, handling package, caspian blue, accent group, Ford blue manual top.

'68 vert. driver. Owned since Apr '78. C code AT, AC, PS, P disc B, PT lime gold, standard black interior and top. NOS RF fender and left quarter.New top and folding glass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page