Tesla Coil Auto Theft Prevention - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Don’t know how familiar any of you are with Nikola Tesla, Serbian physicist and all round electrical engineering genius. One of his many inventions, the Tesla coil, has a sort of cult following and is a popular ‘make one at home’ project for maladjusted engineering students, professionals and other mis-wired individuals with fetishes for extremely high-voltage electricity.

Tesla coils don’t really do too much but they look insanely cool. One variant, the ‘Eye of Sauron', is particularly spectacular. Some guy in Australia has found a use for an ‘Eye of Sauron’ coil that is automotive related.

Click on the Car Theft Protection link:

tesladownunder

More Tesla Coil pics here:

http://www.johndyer.com/sparxarcs.html

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of a Tesla Coil manufactured while I was attending university. I deny any involvement with its production or any responsibility for damage to university property resulting therefrom. That was probably caused by lightening, or a wiring short, or something.

Another quality post brought to you by MaserGT from/ uit/ uut/ aus/ de Vancouver, Canada.

This post may contain up to 80% sarcasm, measured by weight not volume. Contents may have settled during posting resulting in sarcasm appearing more subtle and it may be difficult to discern. Do not adjust your monitor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 04:57 PM

Nicola Tesla was an absolute genius, on par with Einstein, at the very least. He made some outrageous claims later in life, when he was in his 70's and 80's, of things he had invented, as well as some really off the wall theories. Then again, Copernicus was considered to be somewhat of a crackpot in his day. Davinci as well. His writings and predictions have been discussed for many years. Some look to be eerily accurate. Back on Tesla, though ( I went off the subject a bit, sorry.... :p ) I have a Tesla coil on my bureau in my bedroom. I love them. They're great to mess with.

68 mustang coupe (AKA the moneypit) 69 351w, 1.94, 1.60 valves, edelbrock performer intake, and cam ( 448/472 lift, 206/216 duration) mallory unilite dist and coil, 1.6 ratio roller rockers, holley 600 vac sec.

My newly purchased 2003 Kawasaki Z1000!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
This was a hire car (as I don't own one) and it still works.
I sure wouldn't try it with my own car either. Bet it wreaks havok on the ignition system.

Highly modified 67 coupe (SOLD), rusty 68 vert, 03 Sonic Blue Cobra Convertible, 56 F100, stripped 65 fastback waiting to be a street machine

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lemondrop
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscurse
Nicola Tesla was an absolute genius, on par with Einstein, at the very least. He made some outrageous claims later in life, when he was in his 70's and 80's, of things he had invented, as well as some really off the wall theories. Then again, Copernicus was considered to be somewhat of a crackpot in his day. Davinci as well. His writings and predictions have been discussed for many years. Some look to be eerily accurate. Back on Tesla, though ( I went off the subject a bit, sorry.... :p ) I have a Tesla coil on my bureau in my bedroom. I love them. They're great to mess with.
Yeah and out of those looney things he made , the FBI and KGB ended up with a majority of the records after he died
Perhaps he was not asmuch a crackpot as it looks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 06:37 PM

I didn't say he was a crackpot, just way ahead of his time.......

68 mustang coupe (AKA the moneypit) 69 351w, 1.94, 1.60 valves, edelbrock performer intake, and cam ( 448/472 lift, 206/216 duration) mallory unilite dist and coil, 1.6 ratio roller rockers, holley 600 vac sec.

My newly purchased 2003 Kawasaki Z1000!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 PM

http://205.243.100.155/

Click on the Quarter Shrinker for some cool reading and pictures. I have several of his shrunken coins.

Frank

1967 Saddle/Burnt Amber coupe, C-code T5 5-spd replaced the 4-spd, 302 replaced the 289.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 AM

It might not be deadly but I'm pretty sure that your normal car thief isn't going to test it.

'65 A Code | 16x8 TTII's | Semi-Mild 302 | Built C4
'72 Bronco, Project daily Driver, Here we go again...
'95 F-250 4x4 | Super Cab | 7.3 PSD | Finally, something reliable...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page