American Pickers, Fairlane last night. - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

American Pickers, Fairlane last night.

Did anyone see it? I think Mike got in a little deep on the 67 S code Gt. It had pretty good rust on the quarters and front fenders. I m thinking the floors had to be a little rough. He paid 7k for it and put in another 4 to get it running, which seems like a lot. It is a very desirable car and I would have gave a decent amount for it but he didnt seem to take the rust very seriously imo.

Kevin
1965 Fastback-Scat 331, Dart heads, FPA headers, Air Gap intake, 650 Ultra DP, Cobra pan, Lunati VooDoo cam 61003, C-4, 10 inch converter, Reverse manual valve body,Detroit Truetracw/3.50s, subframe connectors.
1968 S-code Torino Fastback= project
1966 A-code Mustang coupe=Basket case not sure what to do with it used some parts for the fastback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 06:59 PM

I got it DVR'd, gonna watch it tonite. On another note.....

That Danielle chick is just plain freaky with all those crazy tats. And yet, I find myself drawn in by her tractor beam. Wonder what she looks like unwrapped. Hot or not?

Last edited by miketyler; 12-28-2010 at 07:10 PM.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65since88 View Post
Did anyone see it? I think Mike got in a little deep on the 67 S code Gt. It had pretty good rust on the quarters and front fenders. I m thinking the floors had to be a little rough. He paid 7k for it and put in another 4 to get it running, which seems like a lot. It is a very desirable car and I would have gave a decent amount for it but he didnt seem to take the rust very seriously imo.
was it a coupe, fastback, or convertible?

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyler View Post
I got it DVR'd, gonna watch it tonite. On another note.....

That Danielle chick is just plain freaky with all those crazy tats. And yet, I find myself being drawn in by her tractor beam. Wonder what she looks like unwrapped?. Hot or not?

Your telling meNot the kind to take home to mom,but other things would be interresting.

Kevin
1965 Fastback-Scat 331, Dart heads, FPA headers, Air Gap intake, 650 Ultra DP, Cobra pan, Lunati VooDoo cam 61003, C-4, 10 inch converter, Reverse manual valve body,Detroit Truetracw/3.50s, subframe connectors.
1966 A-code Mustang coupe=Basket case not sure what to do with it used some parts for the fastback.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 PM
VMF Full-Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65since88 View Post
I caught it last night. The rust would have been a concern for me ( at that price), but having said that it was numbers matching and fairly rare according to the "expert".

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/RDF06/browning002.jpg
Dale
1970 Grabber, 351 W.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyler View Post
that danielle chick is just plain freaky with all those crazy tats. And yet, i find myself drawn in by her tractor beam. Wonder what she looks like unwrapped. Hot or not?

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM

Could not agree more on both counts. Car was not worth the money at least in this economy IMHO.Wonder when they taped it. They keeped mentioning original engine but did not the owner state he change the heads.So what else was done.
Also not a Fairlane guy but why was the underside of the hood yellow when he said the blue paint was original.

By the end of the show all I wanted to see was more of Danielle.There is something about her.

______
MIKE

66 GT K Fastback
64 Econoline
69 Alfa GTV
Mustang and Shelby Club of Long Island
http://www.mustangsatthebeach.com/

"I drink therefore I am" W. C. Fields
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:07 PM

oops. I totally missed that it was a Fairlane. I thought you guys were talking about a Mustang.

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 PM

See? Like a bad Star Trek episode....its her tractor beam I tell you.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:29 PM

LOL. I guess so.

no....I wouldn't take her home to Mama, but Mama ain't home tonight.

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:33 PM

I saw the show last night also. I laughed to myself when he said he would only need to put a couple thousand into it to make a good flip on the car. I wouldn't mind owning that fairlane but not for the 7000.

5.0 H.O. roller block,cast iron GT-40 heads, e303 cam, 1.7 roller rockers,RPM intake,600 holley dbl. pump,
duraspark ign.,FPA headers,and t-5 trans.
Paul
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 PM

his "expert" said the car was easily worth 14,000 like it sat after repairs, nobody in their right freaking mind would give 14,000 for that car, if i ever have one for sale i want their expert telling all the potential buyers that its worth 14,000 unrestored. for one its a 67 not a 66, the dash was toast, try finding a good one, the seats were torn, the original console looked like it was gone and a hurst or b&m t-handle shifter was hooked to the four speed, there was rust around the wheel wells front and rear, like someone else said hood is not original yellow or white underneath, engine chrome was toast, that was maybe a retail 7,000-8,000 car after it was fixed. as found on the show it was maybe a 3500.00 dollar car, plus i thought 4,000 was a little steep for brakes, exhaust and clutch work.

i would love to have dvd's of the raw footage of their explorations though, there is no telling what they walk past that is worth a ton of cash to ford nuts.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 09:00 PM

Does anybody know where they go? I never just run across stuff like they do. And when I go and ask people to look around i get run off the property. Maybe if I had a film crew with me?
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

I wonder if the cars they buy are for ratings from us car guys. They really dont seem to know much about them, not as much as the other stuff anyways. They know alot about a lot of stuff, but sometimes I wonder about staged with stuff, like how Operation Repo is fake, not that bad but ratings are important.

Kevin
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 PM

I think scstang hit it right on the head....they had a film crew with them and everyone wants that 15 minutes of fame.

I've gone up to places when I caught something out of the corner of my eye and been told not for sale and see ya later!

Ken

73 Convertible
08 Black Bullitt
70 Mach One (sold in a fit of stupidity)
83 GT (sold)
89 5.0 coupe(sold)

A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page