Barska biometric safes - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Non-Vintage Mustang)
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Barska biometric safes

Anyone happen to have one? Am thinking of getting this one for my pistols

Biometric Safe with Fingerprint Lock - Biometric Safe by Barska
2007 Premium MustangCoupe (V6).. Please don't shun me

Done
Replace Full floor pan
Replace Firewall
Replace Full cowl
Replace Radiator support
Shelby Drop done
Front disc brakes on

Up next:

4 wheel drum to disc conversion, rebuild front suspension/steering, taillight panel, trunk floor,302 and AOD upgrade, wiring harnesses back in, and hopefully only patch panels on the quarters

E=MChuck Norris
wareagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Don't have one but it looks cool and has good reviews. Is it gonna be big enough? I have a small key operated one but it will only hold small "things". It doesn't have room for extra clips, or anything larger than a basic 9mm "thing". Thought about a big safe? One that might hold future "things" especially if they have 16 inch or longer barrels- I have several friends with small safes, most are now wanting big ones. I need a big one now too, so if you go that route lemme know-maybe we can get a package deal. (recall my truck can handle picking up 3-4 large safes) Duncans in North Wilkesboro used to be the cheapest. Side note: theres some cool stuff on that site- but gotta keep $$ on the mustang right now.
dzahm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzahm View Post
Don't have one but it looks cool and has good reviews. Is it gonna be big enough? I have a small key operated one but it will only hold small "things". It doesn't have room for extra clips, or anything larger than a basic 9mm "thing". Thought about a big safe? One that might hold future "things" especially if they have 16 inch or longer barrels- I have several friends with small safes, most are now wanting big ones. I need a big one now too, so if you go that route lemme know-maybe we can get a package deal. (recall my truck can handle picking up 3-4 large safes) Duncans in North Wilkesboro used to be the cheapest. Side note: theres some cool stuff on that site- but gotta keep $$ on the mustang right now.
There is a guy that reviewed the safe and posted it on Youtube. From the video it appears plenty big to hold several pistols. I too would like to get a larger safe for my toys, especially if I ever get a chance to get an AR or M1 Carbine...

Done
Replace Full floor pan
Replace Firewall
Replace Full cowl
Replace Radiator support
Shelby Drop done
Front disc brakes on

Up next:

4 wheel drum to disc conversion, rebuild front suspension/steering, taillight panel, trunk floor,302 and AOD upgrade, wiring harnesses back in, and hopefully only patch panels on the quarters

E=MChuck Norris
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Prices for those kind of toys have nearly doubled already. Kinda takes a bite out of the mustang funds
dzahm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzahm View Post
Prices for those kind of toys have nearly doubled already. Kinda takes a bite out of the mustang funds
Most definitely!! Those are long-term wants

Have a lot more short-term needs with my Mustang's name written all over em!

Done
Replace Full floor pan
Replace Firewall
Replace Full cowl
Replace Radiator support
Shelby Drop done
Front disc brakes on

Up next:

E=MChuck Norris
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

The problem with these is they're really, really heavy. You need at least a two wheel dolly to haul it around. It'll probably slow you down when you need to lock n' load and return fire.
Bucket Lister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ha! The Mustang has taken the funds away from my gun collecting and shooting! I haven't bought any firearms since I got back on the '66 2.5 years ago. I'm just glad I stocked up when I did. Few of my favorites in the safe is the M1 Carbine and my Garands. Also have an AR with a tax stamp so I can have a barrel shorter than 16". Got 3 uppers for that one, a .223 10.5", .22LR in 10.5" and a 5" .22LR with a 7" full float grip set up my silencer fits down into.
And that's just a small sample of my toys!
As far as the handgun safe, just make sure it's bolted to something so they don't run off with it to work on it later to get it open.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm interested in a small one for the night watchman as well. For the larger stuff and the rest of the collection I got a safe from Greg Drake of Drake Safe made right here in Roxboro NC. There's just about no gap around the door and it's 1/4 plate all the way around. The ones at the sporting goods stores have a giant gap around the door. There's plenty of youtube videos showing how easy it is to get into one of those. Greg has a fantastic product, but he's light on web presence. Best to go see him at one of the local shows like Raleigh Jan 19-20.
Someone takes his pants off and the rafters knock
Rock is dead they say
Long Live Rock!
67 conv. 289 4spd(mine), 67 coupe 289 Export(swmbo's)

ylexot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.