Ready to lawyer up - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Non-Vintage Mustang)
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ready to lawyer up

You may have recently read my post about what would you do? if not heres the link.

What would you do?

Well the guys at the honda dealer were supposed to REPLACE my front bumper on my brand new car after their paint guy ran it into a pole. I went to pick the car up the other day and it didn't look or feel right. I ran my hand over where the damage was and it felt lumpy. So I made my concerns aware to the service manager, who told me that she would look into it.

SO i went home and decided to remove my front bumper. What I found was the same cracked bumper, with holes in it, that the body guy ran into a pole. needless to say I am not happy. I called the service manager and they are supposed to be getting me a new bumper AGAIN, and are coming out to the house to put the thing on. I asked about getting compensated for my time and the mileage that I have had to spend going to the place. Ive spent 10+ hours in their dealership and 240miles driving back and forth. I was told that they couldnt do anything to compensate me because they had already taken a loss on the car. Im calling bull**** on that one. Its a 2013, when does a dealer take a loss on a new model?

I feel I should be compensated for this huge mess. I will probably be contacting the better business bureau soon, and the consumer protection agency. To a normal person who wouldnt have taken the time to pull the bumper off of the car, they would have gotten screwed. Not to mention that the bumper had runs in the clear coat and the bondo job was lumpy.

All this on a brand new car with 1000 miles on it when I took it to the shop.
tdagner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdagner View Post
You may have recently read my post about what would you do? if not heres the link.

What would you do?

Well the guys at the honda dealer were supposed to REPLACE my front bumper on my brand new car after their paint guy ran it into a pole. I went to pick the car up the other day and it didn't look or feel right. I ran my hand over where the damage was and it felt lumpy. So I made my concerns aware to the service manager, who told me that she would look into it.

SO i went home and decided to remove my front bumper. What I found was the same cracked bumper, with holes in it, that the body guy ran into a pole. needless to say I am not happy. I called the service manager and they are supposed to be getting me a new bumper AGAIN, and are coming out to the house to put the thing on. I asked about getting compensated for my time and the mileage that I have had to spend going to the place. Ive spent 10+ hours in their dealership and 240miles driving back and forth. I was told that they couldnt do anything to compensate me because they had already taken a loss on the car. Im calling bull**** on that one. Its a 2013, when does a dealer take a loss on a new model?

I feel I should be compensated for this huge mess. I will probably be contacting the better business bureau soon, and the consumer protection agency. To a normal person who wouldnt have taken the time to pull the bumper off of the car, they would have gotten screwed. Not to mention that the bumper had runs in the clear coat and the bondo job was lumpy.

All this on a brand new car with 1000 miles on it when I took it to the shop.
Well, assuming the laws in your state are similar to most, you are not eligible for any punative compensation including mileage, time off work, etc. Basically you are 100% right in getting your bumper replaced to meet oem specs.....that is what makes you "whole" as the courts & laws view it.
beechkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I see you are in NC, was it a Rick Hendrix dealership? You also mentioned the lifetime power train warranty. We just bought the Pilot last month. If it is a Hendrix store, call corporate headquarters tomorrow and let them know the shinanigans going on at one of their businesses.
Big names like that don't like bad press.
with White LeMans stripes.
ScottsGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would talk to a lawyer regardless. Jeff above me here is right in that you cant receive compensation for time and travel but there may be something you can get money for. If some company had tried to screw me like that and then lied about the repair and tried to cover it up.. I would make sure they didn't get off easy. Honestly I wouldn't have taken the car after it hit the pole. I don't know how they could sell you a "new" car after they hit a pole with it?..I would have made them give me a different one without a crash on its record because in my opinion you shouldn't have to deal with a lower resale value because of the incompetence of their workers. A car with a undamaged bumper and an undamaged history would be... and its just my personal view..what it would take to make you "whole" again. Hope things work out and you should DEFINITELY report this dealership to both the better business bureau and the consumer protection agency and make sure that others are protected from their dishonesty. Make their life's as difficult for them as they have done for you and who knows.. maybe they will avoid a lawsuit and replace your car. Good luck and all the best.

-Dylan
Dylans '66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechkid View Post
Well, assuming the laws in your state are similar to most, you are not eligible for any punative compensation including mileage, time off work, etc. Basically you are 100% right in getting your bumper replaced to meet oem specs.....that is what makes you "whole" as the courts & laws view it.
I agree. I work in insurance and deal with these property damage laws all the time. Certainly no lawyer's gonna take a case like this. You're most likely better off sueing in Small Claims Court. Before that though, give them the opportunity to repair with brand new Honda parts plus a rental car. They might not be receptive to paying you cash for your inconvenience, but maybe negotiate some future maintenance, car washed, oil changes, etc...this is all reasonable. By the way, if you don't need a rental, ask them for loss-of-use at $25 a day since they're taking your car away from you.

If they refuse, take it to another dealer to have it done right...pay out of pocket and sue them for all your expenses. Then report it to Honda North America, YELP, BBB and any other online review board your could find. Hope that helps.
Mustmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

you should take it and trade for a new 5.0 mustang
m code 351 cleveland 4-V

Last edited by Texas Mustang; 01-16-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: want to remove
Texas Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dont make threats! Really! Just go speak to an attorney. The ones that talk about wrongful law suits. Explain it all again. and forget it Let the attorney get his fees from the suit! Stick up for yourself! The legal way!
7Dpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Mustang View Post
why are you discissing a rice burner on this forum .
do they not have a forum for people that buy jap cars .
you shold take it and trade for a new 5.0 mustang
What a way to make an introduction for yourself. I'm going to guess that 95% of the stuff you buy and use every day is made in China or elsewhere overseas. This is the "General Discussion (NON-VINTAGE MUSTANG)" forum.

To the OP...you may also want to see if a local news company would be interested in this story. A quick report of this incident on television would drive some sense into that dealership. If this doesn't work out for you, you can drive around with a big lemon on top of your car that says, "Ask me where I bought this car."
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Most lawyers can get you fixed up for the price of a phone call or nice letter introducing themselves, on their letterhead.

6F09A 63A 8 26 09D 71 1 5
bartl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Dpilot View Post
Dont make threats! Really! Just go speak to an attorney. The ones that talk about wrongful law suits. Explain it all again. and forget it Let the attorney get his fees from the suit! Stick up for yourself! The legal way!
Attorney's don't take crap like this. If they do, they suck.

Seriously, how are they going to get paid? They take it out of your settlement unless they bill you hourly...the cost to repair your bumper is only $1500 on the high side. Attorneys take cases with value.

This is an easy problem to fix if you're firm and talk to the right people...BTW-threats work if they believe you.
Mustmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
What a way to make an introduction for yourself. I'm going to guess that 95% of the stuff you buy and use every day is made in China or elsewhere overseas. This is the "General Discussion (NON-VINTAGE MUSTANG)" forum.

To the OP...you may also want to see if a local news company would be interested in this story. A quick report of this incident on television would drive some sense into that dealership. If this doesn't work out for you, you can drive around with a big lemon on top of your car that says, "Ask me where I bought this car."
Thats a really good idea. See if the news would make a big deal out of it. No big company would want that and would probably roll quickly.
Dylans '66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

I believe you can get compensation because of the deception. They tried to defraud you.
69DroptopGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Here locally,we have a news segment called "Problem Solvers" where people report their problems and then the reporters head out there for some pointed questions and a camera rolling,seems to get the job done...they cover just about anything.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't give Texas a bad name with BS comments like that......

If the dealership agrees to replace the bumper then I really don't think a lawyer will be able to do much for you. Is there anything you could negotiate with the dealership? Maybe free future oil changes. My wifes Camry cost $100, if we pay to have it done.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
You're an idiot. Go home.

I like the news idea.. I'm not sure if anyone would do it, but..!
JohnnyK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.