Need your help guys, possible 65 purchase - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Need your help guys, possible 65 purchase

Hi guys, I need some help from you if you can..

My name is Josep and I am in Ibiza island, Spain.
I am in the VMF and you probably have seen some of my posts there.
I own a 66 California Mustang Hardtop but I was looking around for a convertible and found one that fitted my budget. The car looks to be in Mundelein, IL and I am looking for someone that can go there and check the car for me if it's possible. If you know someone close to the place, or do you now someone that could go there and check the car, I would be very grateful, I will pay of course for the service.! If your reports are good, then I will start the purchase process, and shipment of the car to Spain. But need to know the rust condition of the car, if it has bondo areas, etc...in other words, the general health/condition of it. I know you are people that really know how to inspect these cars, so I am asking for your help.
if you think you can do it or just know someone that can do the inspection for me I would very happy.! Seller asked for $14500. I offered him $11500, let's see what they say.. So I'm in your hands.! Can you please help.?
Let me know what you think and if you or someone confident can do it, I can PayPal you when you need. See the link below,

Thanks very much,

Josep
josep_torres@mac.com

North Shore Classics :: 1965 Ford Mustang -CONVERTIBLE -SWEET RIDE- NUMBERS MATCHING-SURVIVOR-GREAT PRICE- SEE VIDEO -

1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - AT TE - 6R07T213966 - San Jose built June 11th 1966
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn built September 9th 1965
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 09:04 AM

Judging by the pictures it looks like the car needs a quality restoration. The floor pans look heavily rusted. It also looks to have surface rust everywhere. Someone probably gave it a paint job a ways back and the rust was never corrected properly. The Illinois area of the US gets a lot of snow and looking at the rust issues from the pictures, it was probably driven in it at some point. Plan on doing a complete restoration or watch it continue to rust away.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Lenny, was expecting something like that.! So no way to get the car.
No, I don't plan to do a full restoration, just wanted to see if it could run with minor works, but obviously not. Thank you for you comments.!

Josep

1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - AT TE - 6R07T213966 - San Jose built June 11th 1966
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn built September 9th 1965

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:11 PM

I'm sure you could drive it the way it is. From a distance it actually looks good, it may even drive descently, but if you want a nice clean car on the outside as well as on the inside, this one would need to be restored.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Thank you lenny, I appreciate your help.

Josep

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page