Shelby GT500 for Wounded Warrior Project - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Shelby GT500 for Wounded Warrior Project

If you find yourself near Jupiter, Florida, you’re not far from one of the greatest Mustang collections the world over—Jack Miller’s renowned Mustang Barn. The expansive ‘Stang assemblage includes 69 of the legendary pony cars, most of which are of seriously high performance caliber.

This red, white, and blue 2011 Shelby GT500 is one of that family, but it won’t be for long. Jack Miller, also the founder of the Miller’s Ale House restaurants, has announced he will auction off the Shelby with all proceeds going toward the Wounded Warrior Project—an association that this Mustang wears proudly.

“I have 69 Mustangs, but this Mustang and the charity auction, means a lot to me,” said Miller in a statement. “It goes beyond the automobile; it comes from my heart. It’s for the soldiers.”

In 2012, Miller purchased the Shelby GT500 at the Barrett-Jackson auction, which had toured over 15,000 miles and stopped in each of the “Lower 48” states where it was signed by veterans, family, and friends. Around 2,000 handwritten notes span the car, from heartfelt “thank yous” to “God Bless our Troops,” and two are said to be from football legends Joe Namath and Dan Marino.

It’s a heartwarming display of national pride and support for those who serve…and it also happens to be one truly potent Mustang. Underneath the hood of the GT500 lies an aluminum 5.4-liter supercharged V8 that pumps out 550 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque. Shift work is handled by a six-speed manual. It’s not a car to be taken lightly.

“The support being offered by the Miller family is remarkable,” said Steve Nardizzi, chief executive officer at WWP, in a statement. “We are extremely grateful for their generous donation, which is providing us with the critical resources that we need to honor and empower Wounded Warriors, and make an impact in the lives of the veterans that we serve.”

The eBay charity auction began on October 16 and will conclude on the 26th. The flag-emblazoned Shelby remains one of the final cars in search of a home as the Mustang Barn sadly closes its doors at the end of the month.

Read More Here: This Shelby GT500 Goes Big for Wounded Warrior Project

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

if you need Admin assistance please post here:
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/12...s-suggestions/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Garage
Not too excited about WW and the news these days.
Stan

From start to finish:
http://s863.photobucket.com/user/asl...?sort=6&page=1
Bay Area Mustang Association
President BAMA 2012-2014
'65 Fastback Mustang Monthly March 2013 http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...tang_fastback/
NorCal Forum

If you can read this, thank a teacher. Since it's in English, thank a soldier
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 01:03 PM

Garage
I heard of Jack Miller's collection being auctioned off earlier this year. Sure wish I had know and gone to see the collection before. As for WW, I have not heard anything good of this charity. I feel bad that this Shelby Mustang got tangled up in this.

Wounded Warrior Project's top execs fired amid lavish spending scandal | Fox News

1969 Shelby GT350 Hertz rebuild Gallery
Delivered to Ball Ford in Miami Florida, purchased by Hertz Rent A Car for delivery to Miami Internation Airport

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 01:29 PM

Yep, WW is definitely on the wrong track, which is a shame because it is both needed and started out with the best of intentions. I've given them several donations over the years, but won't anymore. From here on out I'll donate to the Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 03:08 PM

WW is off my list! More money to Army Emergency Relief (AER) Fund!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 04:35 PM

Wouldn't they make more money by auctioning off a car that isn't fugly? I never got the idea of building a patriotic flag themed car/motorcycle to make money for a charity. Just because the charity is patriotic doesn't mean the car has to be red, white and blue instead of one, properly chosen, solid color.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Garage
And they don't help out Vietnam, WWII, Korea, etc.
Stan

From start to finish:
http://s863.photobucket.com/user/asl...?sort=6&page=1
Bay Area Mustang Association
President BAMA 2012-2014
'65 Fastback Mustang Monthly March 2013 http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...tang_fastback/
NorCal Forum

If you can read this, thank a teacher. Since it's in English, thank a soldier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page