VMF MAC Project List - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 07:07 AM

Pick a day and time. I might be able to make it. How far are you from Laurel?

70 F Code Convt
Dreaming of a Shelby Daytona AND a new Ford GT.

As we scream through the universe at more than a million miles per hour, you just have to ask one very important question. Who the hell is driving ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

My next free days are 2/28 (Sat), then nothing until 3/20 (Sat). Between Net+ classes, Lamaze classes, and working Sundays, my weekend time is limited at the moment. But give me a date and I'll shoot for it.

And even if I don't make it, I've still got those motivational prizes for those that do.

TK
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Sick of Corporations

67 miles from Laurel to me.

Nick
1965 Fastback 410c AOD - DT
1967 Fastback 347 T5- Cruiser
1968 Fastback 408w T5 - Brute
1991 GT Hatch - Fauxbra
1996 Dodge Viper GTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUK2D0GjdY

post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 07:44 PM

Just let me know.

Hey Neil, how is the wife and Neil jr doing?

70 F Code Convt
Dreaming of a Shelby Daytona AND a new Ford GT.

As we scream through the universe at more than a million miles per hour, you just have to ask one very important question. Who the hell is driving ?
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 10:09 AM

I have a stright black monte carlo bar if you need one. I had to replace it with a curved one for the distributor cap.
Just let me know.
Bryan

Decisions............
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 11:28 AM

I may be interested, what do you want for it?

This is killing me to see the car sitting in the garage looking wounded. Seems lately the money is the least of my issues with getting her fixed, dont ever have time to work on it. Test fitted the floor pan the other night just to see if it is going to fit ok. Seems like it will but I won;t know for sure until I have time to cut out the old one.

2000 Shelby (See sig Pic)
66 "C" code coupe
302, Edelbrock Torker Intake, Crane Energizer 260-H10 cam, forged aluminum pistons, Holley 4160 4 barrell, C4, 9" 4.11 rear. (well, once I get it all put back together)
post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 11:46 AM

How about $15? An hour here or there might just be what you need. I hate doing things that way but sometimes it is all we have to work with. It is going to be 73 degrees today, just think how nice it will be cruising in the warm weather.

Decisions............
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 11:41 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself...I live in Laurel, MD. I'm interested in getting to know some of the other local vmfers and help out when I can. I have more mechanical experience than body, I have held ASE certifications in brakes & suspension systems, and I'm pretty good with engine/tranny pulls & installs. In addition, I have a 2-post lift in my garage which often comes in real handy. My '69 needs a lot of work, but money is kinda tight right now, so I'll probably look more to help others out for now until that changes. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and get in the MAC loop so if anyone is ever in the Laurel area, I'd be happy to give the grand tour and talk shop or bench race, whatever.

Later,
Jim

If you don't take the time to do it right the first time, how are you going to find the time to do it again?

post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 02:03 PM

Hi everyone I guess I'll introduce myself while we are at it. My name is Gary I live near College Park. I'm 21 and new to car restoration but very interested in learning. I have 1966 289 auto its a coup with a vinyl top. It is in serious need of body work and some interior other than that she runs pretty good. I bought it a little less than a year ago but haven't been able to do much. I'm in serious need of finding a place to buy body panels, getting the body work done. If anyone has any tips if you could throw me a line I'd appreciate it.
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 01:37 AM

Hi guys, I've been on VMF a while but havent had much success getting together with others in the area. It looks like theres a couple of other fellas in my area now, and i'd love to hook up sometime.

I'm 44, in North Laurel, and my car is currently in beltsville (on Jackstands) in a friends carport due to the fact that i dont have a garage (i'm in a itty bitty townhouse). Right now i'm trying to learn how to weld thru trial and error, lol .. and have the passenger side floors out of the car all ready to put in new ones (when the weather stabilizes) ..

Feel free to message me anytime ..

James

Currently in the process of restoring my 1966 GT Fastback K code ... on a poor mans budget .. ouch!

"Drive it like ya just stole it!!"
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 07:25 PM

Finally gonna make an attempt at the frame rail and floor pan replacement this weekend (SWMBO and kids are out of town). A couple friends are coming over for the weekend to help with the installation and welding, but if anyone wants to stop by PM me and I will get you directions.

66 "C" code coupe
302, Edelbrock Torker Intake, Crane Energizer 260-H10 cam, forged aluminum pistons, Holley 4160 4 barrell, C4, 9" 4.11 rear. (well, once I get it all put back together)
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 05:44 AM

hi Rob, wish i had seen your post last week, did i miss all the fun? i'm getting ready to try my hand at floorpan welding after a bit more practice so i would have loved to see you guys in action first ..how did it go? did you finish yet?

James

Currently in the process of restoring my 1966 GT Fastback K code ... on a poor mans budget .. ouch!

"Drive it like ya just stole it!!"
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 06:05 AM

Planned for this weekend, but there may be a problem, just got to work and there is an e-mail from my boss. He wants me to work this weekend :: Hopefully I can get out of it. I will let everyone know later today if it is still on or not.

66 "C" code coupe
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 09:04 AM

Bad news, Can't get out of working this weekend :: So I won't be working on the frame like I had planned. May get a little work in on Sunday, but even that does not look too likely. This sucks I think my boss is still pi$$ed that I blew up the internet connection in the middle of the day making changes without approval :: Will try again in a few weeks, but at this point I am thinking that this is gonna be an hour here an hour there thing to get done.

66 "C" code coupe
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 04:51 PM

Well as it turned out, it was a bad joke from my boss as pay back for the little incident witht the internet connection. He called me early Saturday morning and told me that I did not really have to work. I was able to get the friends that were planning to help over this weekend to do the planned work. I debated about posting the update, but I did not feal right doing the off again, on again to you guys again. I know that there were a couple of guys that had said they were coming, and I did not want to mess up any further peoples weekend plans. I hope everyone understands.

The good news is that after a very long day Saturday and several hours again today, we were successful in getting the front frame section, drivers side toe board and floor pan replaced.Over all it went really well with no real problems. The frame was actually a little less dificult than I expected, and the floor pan wasn't too bad.

Again thanks to all that offered to come out and help. hopefully I can try to get everyone out again some time over the summer for some of the other projects that I have planned.

66 "C" code coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page