VMF MAC Project List - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Oh that's just cruel. Oh well. I got to sit at home and work on my webpage and pay bills. Woohoo.

TK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 10:25 AM

Sorry Neil, like I said I did not feel that it would be right to last minute say "Oh it's back on again". At least I saved everyone from feeling like I do today. Sore, burned, and nasueas from sucking welding fumes all weekend.

2000 Shelby (See sig Pic)
66 "C" code coupe
302, Edelbrock Torker Intake, Crane Energizer 260-H10 cam, forged aluminum pistons, Holley 4160 4 barrell, C4, 9" 4.11 rear. (well, once I get it all put back together)
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 02:41 AM

Hi Rob, how are you feeling these days, any after effects? just wanted to mention i'll be away this weekend with the family in wv, and next weekend at carlisle (fri and sat). So anytime after that if you havent finished up the floorpans i'd love to come by.

So far i've just been welding for practice (in a carport while fighting off cicadas). My butt welds still suck, and i'd love to see this done by someone with some experience ..

James

Currently in the process of restoring my 1966 GT Fastback K code ... on a poor mans budget .. ouch!

"Drive it like ya just stole it!!"

post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 12:23 PM

Actually we were able to get the pan in the same weekend that we did the frame, but I appreciate the offer. I actually do not weld, I have a couple of friends that do the welding for me. One is a Ford mechanic, and the other has taken a few welding classes at NOVA. BTW, there did not seem to be any lasting affects from the illness that I was feeling. May have just been a bug

2000 Shelby (See sig Pic)
66 "C" code coupe
302, Edelbrock Torker Intake, Crane Energizer 260-H10 cam, forged aluminum pistons, Holley 4160 4 barrell, C4, 9" 4.11 rear. (well, once I get it all put back together)
post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 12:20 PM

Hey guys, I have been around for a while but spend most of my time on the main forum. I met Nick (Dodgestang) at work and he reminded me to check out the MAC so here I am. I'm taking a class this fall on automotive restoration to improve my skills and try to widen my range of things I can do on the car myself. I would be willing to help on some weekend projects but for most I would be contributing a little muscle and a lot of enthusiasm. Figure that is the best way for me to learn from the folks that know how to do this stuff.

I will also have a few fall projects of my own coming up. First time pull of the engine, inner fender and radiator core replacement and the cowl. Thanks, Drew

66 Emberglo GT Fastback - A code, Emberglo/Parchment pony interior, auto, AC, PS.
70 Mach I - 351C, Calypso Coral with white interior

Check out my 66 GT Fastback.
post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Myopic

Let me know when we are pulling the motor I'll bring the sawzaw

Or at least the hoist.

Nick
1965 Fastback 410c AOD - DT
1967 Fastback 347 T5- Cruiser
1968 Fastback 408w T5 - Brute
1991 GT Hatch - Fauxbra
1996 Dodge Viper GTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUK2D0GjdY
post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 11:27 AM

Thanks Nick, I'll be needing some help as it will be my first time. Reading everything I can find now and prepping SWMBO for the loss of half the garage for some time to come. Want to keep it on the road for a while longer for some good fall shows. Hope to see all you folks at the Big M show in September.

Drew

66 Emberglo GT Fastback - A code, Emberglo/Parchment pony interior, auto, AC, PS.
70 Mach I - 351C, Calypso Coral with white interior

Check out my 66 GT Fastback.
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 09:07 PM

Well, I've replaced the front aprons, core support, and repaired the cowls...so, I might be able to provide some assistance there. How far is Palmyra from KOP? Woohoo...have welder will travel
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 01:24 PM

Hi again, all. I have a passenger side floor job to do that I have all the parts for, but I've been putting off for a while now. The job is the r/s torque box, toe board, & part of the framerail.

I did this about 10 years ago on the driver's side, but now I am a little more trepedacious about it than I was then so I figured I'd scout out who already had experience with this & if they might like to get their hands dirty on it with me as I rediscover the trials & tribulations of this sheet metal surgery. I don't have any particular dates in mind as of yet, but I thought I'd get a handcount on anyone who might be interested in lending a hand & getting to know another fellow VMF'r. The project would take place here in Laurel, MD in my garage on my lift with the engine still in the car.

Anyone interested? I'll buy the pizza & beer!

If you don't take the time to do it right the first time, how are you going to find the time to do it again?

post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:06 PM

Hey Jim,

When you get a time and date let me know and I'll stop over. I have my project that I want to get moving on also, so this will be educational for me.

Scott

70 F Code Convt
Dreaming of a Shelby Daytona AND a new Ford GT.

As we scream through the universe at more than a million miles per hour, you just have to ask one very important question. Who the hell is driving ?
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:12 AM

This thread has been kinda quiet lately, so ...

I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the forums. I'm married, 31 yrs old, and I recently moved to Glenn Dale, MD (PG County), but I've lived all over the Northern Virginia area -- Lake Ridge, Fair Lakes, Fairfax, Springfield, & Manassas -- so I'm used to the long drives to friend's houses. I'm interested and willing to help out with projects when I can -- seems like I'm always doing one project or the other on my cars. I'm a "shade-tree mechanic" at best as I've learned what I do know from my father and my uncles over the years, but I'm always out to learn something new. So, if nothing else I can be an extra set of hands to help where needed.

~ Nate Z.

[color:"red"]'69 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet[/color]
'70 Chevelle SS454 LS-5 Triple White
post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:19 AM

Welcome aboard Nate. This time of year it's pretty quiet (too damn cold in the garage) around here. Once the weather breaks we start up in earnest! Come on springtime!!
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Myopic

Quote:
Welcome aboard Nate. This time of year it's pretty quiet (too damn cold in the garage) around here. Once the weather breaks we start up in earnest! Come on springtime!!
Cold? Cold? We don't fear no stinking cold

Nick
1965 Fastback 410c AOD - DT
1967 Fastback 347 T5- Cruiser
1968 Fastback 408w T5 - Brute
1991 GT Hatch - Fauxbra
1996 Dodge Viper GTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUK2D0GjdY
post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.

I hear ya. I'm gonna hate seeing next month's electric bill, because I've had 3 oil-filled radiator heaters going in the garage while I've been in there. I gotta say it keeps it VERY warm, tho. Been doing mostly minor Winter projects despite telling myself I wouldn't, but so far so good. Now if I can convince my wife that we need a t.v. out there, I'd be set!

[color:"red"]'69 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet[/color]
'70 Chevelle SS454 LS-5 Triple White
post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 11:09 AM

Heck...if you're gonna throw a TV out there...that means a cable run...hmmmm, hi-speed internet and a PC (unless of course you already have wireless) so that you can keep in touch with the VMF while working on those projects . Now if only I can talk MY SWMBO'd into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page