EFI Fuel Delivery - Aeromotive vs. TanksInc. - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

2Likes

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblue65 View Post
You can get the Spectra Fuel tank and pump assembly for about $315 to your door from RockAuto, comes with a Walbro 255 pump. Added benefit of a this system is you don't have any fuel lines in your trunk.
+1 on the spectra. I chose it for the price, the location of the pump and lines, its fully assembled and ready to bolt in, fit like a glove, and I am running the Earls Vaporguard hose and these lines mount to the Spectra pump with zero modifications. Very clean, very simple install. Motor is not in yet, but fuel delivery is ready to rock (Fitech EFI on an aluminum head 302 is my set-up). The pump included is a 255 LPH so it will easily feed a robust N/A 302 or 302 stroker.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Modcoupe View Post
+1 on the spectra. I chose it for the price, the location of the pump and lines, its fully assembled and ready to bolt in, fit like a glove, and I am running the Earls Vaporguard hose and these lines mount to the Spectra pump with zero modifications. Very clean, very simple install. Motor is not in yet, but fuel delivery is ready to rock (Fitech EFI on an aluminum head 302 is my set-up). The pump included is a 255 LPH so it will easily feed a robust N/A 302 or 302 stroker.
Are you using a return line, any photos? I'm in the middle of running my lines, using Fragola PTFE lines and fittings as well as stainless steel tubing for the long runs.

John

Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
'14 SHO with most all the bells and whistles. Stock for now.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j persons View Post
Are you using a return line, any photos? I'm in the middle of running my lines, using Fragola PTFE lines and fittings as well as stainless steel tubing for the long runs.
Yes, I am running a return line. I am running the 3/8" and 5/16" Vaporguard hose, and right now i have them running up the transmission tunnel with the feed on the drivers side and the return on the passenger side. I have not cut or fully secured them until i get the motor installed to make sure I have no clearance issues, but I think this should give me a clean shot and easy access to the back side of the FiTech unit's feed and return ports (which face the firewall). There was another VMF member who ran their lines up the tunnel...which is where I got the idea. :-)

-- Mike

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You can get the Spectra Fuel tank and pump assembly for about $315 to your door from RockAuto, comes with a Walbro 255 pump. Added benefit of a this system is you don't have any fuel lines in your trunk.

I tried a few times and can't find n EFI tank or any retrofit EFI parts on RockAuto. Can you link the parts or provide part numbers? Thanks.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP View Post
I tried a few times and can't find n EFI tank or any retrofit EFI parts on RockAuto. Can you link the parts or provide part numbers? Thanks.
More Information for SPECTRA PREMIUM/COOLING DEPOT F28AFI

This is the tank assembly for my 67 coupe from Rock Auto. F28AFI

They go on sale pretty often so keep your eyes peeled for price changes.

-- Mike

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 09:51 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to coolblue65
Quote:
And this is the one I used, its a 20 gallon and its only $254 right now!! More Information for SPECTRA PREMIUM/COOLING DEPOT F28CFI

ET: 12.7@109 mph
ENGINE: FiTech EFI, DSS 347, AFR 185s, Vic Jr, XE274HR cam, MSD ign, Hooker Headers, Magnaflow exhaust
DRIVELINE: Tremec 3550, Pro 5.0, Fidanza AL Flywheel, McCleod clutch, 3.55's, 13" GT Front & Cobra Rear brakes
SUSPENSION: 17" TTII's, 235/45 tires, 620 coils, Shelby drop, 1" & 3/4" sway bars, Monte Carlo bar, S&T strut rods, Bilsteins, & roller perches
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:46 PM

No not baffled,the Aeromotive has a sump encased in tank foam.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
And then later if you need more fuel for a power adder or something you can add the FiTech Fuel Command Center. Benefit being two submerged pumps that won't overheat and tons of fuel.

1965 Mustang
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 09:55 PM

i have the tanks PA series module (a little different than the GPA). I don't like the fact (at least with the PA), the AN fittings can hit the screw heads and interfere (can't quite turn things to avoid it). That's with AN-8 fittings.

also, just because it's in tank, doesn't mean the pump is submerged. you need to have a well filled tank for that to occur.

also, in tank may help keep the pump cooler (if you have enough fuel in the tank), but you also have a great heat source inside the tank and heating up the fuel that surrounds it. the longer the trip, the more the fuel in the tank will heat up (of course external ambient temps and the tank thermal impedance can delay it). in addition because it's returning fuel from the hot engine compartment, that can heat up the fuel in the tank as well. basically, don't assume putting a pump in the tank prevents fuel temp/cavitation issues.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 12:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
And this is the one I used, its a 20 gallon and its only $254 right now!! More Information for SPECTRA PREMIUM/COOLING DEPOT F28CFI

Did you get it? They cancelled my order.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
Did you get it? They cancelled my order.
I noticed they run out of them all the time - very popular. Check and see if it is a stocking issue, I had to get added to their email list to be notified when back in stock. Once in stock they delivered it fast.

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

I saw another post in the Vintage section - EFI application using the Spectra tank.
Spectra Premium EFI Tank

Until I saw the pics in that post I didn't realize that using the original outlet location was an option and was confused by the lack of a top cut-out. All things considered, I am leaning towards the Tanks Inc solution.

Thanks for the info everyone.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 08:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
I saw another post in the Vintage section - EFI application using the Spectra tank.
Spectra Premium EFI Tank

Until I saw the pics in that post I didn't realize that using the original outlet location was an option and was confused by the lack of a top cut-out. All things considered, I am leaning towards the Tanks Inc solution.

Thanks for the info everyone.
You'll like the ability to adjust the sending unit or the pump w/o having to remove all the gas. If you look at my garage you'll see how I ran the hoses in the trunk. When done I also put a box around the pump/sender and lines so I can put items in the trunk and not have to worry about hitting the lines, etc.

US NAVY VET - 65 Custom Fastback GT-A-code. FiTech EFI w/Tanks Inc. w/Aero 340 LPH pump, TCP Power R&P; Full front coil over conversion w/1" Shelby drop; TMI Sport R custom interior; T5 TKO, Speed Hut custom speedo; Autometer Phantom gauges; SSBC Force 10 -13" disc brakes w/10.5" rear disc brakes; 24" Griffin Radiator w/twin 11" 2800 CFM fans; Classic Auto Air AC; Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights; Mustang Project Shelby LED sequential taillights. 2001 Bullitt rims w/Nitto NT555 235x45x17 tires.

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
I noticed they run out of them all the time - very popular. Check and see if it is a stocking issue, I had to get added to their email list to be notified when back in stock. Once in stock they delivered it fast.

It wasn't a stocking issue. It was actually a pricing issue. They said they couldn't sell it for the ~$250 mark. They asked me for another $130, and I declined. It's still in stock, albeit for a lot more coin.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
It wasn't a stocking issue. It was actually a pricing issue. They said they couldn't sell it for the ~$250 mark. They asked me for another $130, and I declined. It's still in stock, albeit for a lot more coin.
Sorry to have recommended this to you only to have Rock Auto fail. I've only bought a few things from Rock Auto and had a good experience, and they seem to have a good reputation here on this forum as well...but that's a poor customer service experience. I bought the Spectra tank from them in February for $264.78 including shipping.

Their price seems to fluctuate...the pattern goes something like this: 1. Out of Stock 2. Back in stock at $360ish 3. "Sale Price" a week or two later at around $265. 4. Out of Stock. Repeat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page