Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Opentracker you are the man (Y) (Y)

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Rorin67 
#1 ·
Well big thanks to John @ opentracker, Ive gotten to the point that im doing what I love to do as 2nd job, and Ive been following John's advice, and building my own parts for a long,long, loooooooooong time, but never had a chance to test the full package unitl now, heres the mods I did to customers car 66 coupe.

Roller perches
Roller upper arms
Roller lower arms
Adjustable strut rods
Vario camber kit
Bilstein streets on all 4 corners
Shelby drop
620# springs
1" sway bar with greased bushings
Stock leafs on the back
Mike Maier MOD Panhard bar
DIY subframe connectors per Daze cars.
Export Brace
Opentracker racing aligment specs.
03-04 Cobra Brakes

All I can say is wow, its the best handling vintage mustang ive ever built , driven and riden in... And it will get better when I sort some minor issues with the steering box and convert to EPAS.

THANKS VINGATE MUSTANG FORUMS FOR ALL THE COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE THAT EVERYBODY SHARES DAY BY DAY

Federico Garza
Restomod64.5 MEXICALI, MEXICO

See less See more
#2 ·
Pics or it didn't happen

#4 ·
Awesome !

#10 ·
How's that camber kit? I need one on my 66. I replaced all the suspension and reinstalled the shims it had to begin with, but I'm off on camber on the driver side a bit. Really don't want to add a bunch more shims as it's not the easiest thing to do.
How many degrees does that kit allow?

#11 ·
That camber kit is so friggin nice, the shop dialed in the alignment in less than 20 minutes..... no more fidlling with the upper arm, I just put (1) 1/8 shim on the front bolt of ea . upper control for extra caster , then used the vario and adjustable strut rods to do the rest piece of cake.

Just an FYI, it is very tedious and time consuming to install it with engine and steering linkage in the car, lost of trmming to do. You need a die grinder to slot the control arm bolts...

#14 ·
Big fan of all of these but for the 620s - aren't they a bit harsh for a non-track car, especially a 65/66?

I had the 620s on my '67 and really disliked them - way too harsh of a ride. I replaced with them with the 550s and all was better in the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.