Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Paxton Blower and Sniper EFI

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jbman 
#1 ·
Hello, everyone! I just finished my install of Paxton's entry line blower for our cars, the Novi 1200SL. I'm running a blow-through setup with a Holley Sniper EFI. I just wanted to throw this up here not only because I'm really excited with the results, but other people may be wondering how well it works. It's pretty impressive... very fast :) Still lots of work to do, but I'm very pleased. The kit was a super easy install and only took a few hours with a buddy.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I reset the EFI and allowed it to self tune again. I'm only running about 5-6 lbs of boost, and it is handling it out of the box. I read a lot of stuff back and forth with some people saying you needed a software update, and others saying it would work out of the box, so I decided to just try it and see. It works great!

#6 ·
How is the A/F ratio when you get it under full throttle?

#7 ·
I have the target set to 13.5, and it sticks very close to that number, even under WOT. Initially, it went a little lean and then corrected, but it seems to anticipate it now. I've been keeping an eye on it, and it's doing a great job.

#8 ·
That is good to hear. I have always wondered how fast these systems "learn". Was it before or after you blew up your engine? LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.