MTF Radiator ???? - Vintage Mustang Forums

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Boom
  • 1 Post By GearHeadPeter

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

MTF Radiator ????

I have read and follow a lot of good write ups on swapping 24" radiators into 65/66 cars and have been planning something along those lines when my Coyote goes in.
However, I have also noticed that Mustangs To Fear has a radiator kit with fans included that bolts right in. It says no mods but it looks like SOME mods are needed. It is rated for up to 700 HP.
Mustangs to Fear Mustang Parts Catalog - Select a Year

Does anyone have any experience with it? Good...bad...indifferent? At $995 it isn't cheap but by the time you buy a quality radiator and fan setup, brackets and start cutting and moving everything, I doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback on the rotisserie
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone

Last edited by Huntingky; 06-12-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:51 AM

I have the MTF radiator on my coupe and plan to get another one for the fastback. Bolted in no issues. Works great, it is a custom Griffin radiator.
Huntingky likes this.

-Brett
1968 Mustang coupe 5.0/T5
FiTech EFI
Build Thread
Current Project: 1968 fastback 351w
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:58 PM

Garage
It is the same setup that I have on my 65 Fastback, and it is great. Consider using Evans waterless coolant as it will lower the Psi of the system from 16 to 7. This means hoses will last longer, has a much higher boiling point, no need to change the coolant for at least 10 years, and you don't have to worry about corrosion between dissimilar metals. Just a thought since you will be putting in a new engine, and all new hoses.
Huntingky likes this.

US NAVY VET - 65 Custom Fastback GT-A-code. FiTech EFI w/Tanks Inc. w/Aero 340 LPH pump, TCP Power R&P; Full front coil over conversion w/1" Shelby drop; TMI Sport R custom interior; T5 TKO, Speed Hut custom speedo; Autometer Phantom gauges; SSBC Force 10 -13" disc brakes w/10.5" rear disc brakes; 24" Griffin Radiator w/twin 11" 2800 CFM fans; Classic Auto Air AC; Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights; Mustang Project Shelby LED sequential taillights. 2001 Bullitt rims w/Nitto NT555 235x45x17 tires.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks guys!

Been thinking about the waterless coolant

Coyote build in 65 GT Fastback on the rotisserie
F150 SCREW Ecoboost as my daily
66 Emberglow Coupe first car,71 Torino GT, 82 Fastback slooooow 6 banger, 71 Boss 351, 85 GT all long gone
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingky View Post
Ok thanks guys!

Been thinking about the waterless coolant
The only thing you need to clean out is the heater core, and some Evans prep will do that just fine. Will the engine be new, if so no problem? If not then you'll need to drain the block, and use the Prep when it is all together to make sure you get as much of the old coolant out as possible.

US NAVY VET - 65 Custom Fastback GT-A-code. FiTech EFI w/Tanks Inc. w/Aero 340 LPH pump, TCP Power R&P; Full front coil over conversion w/1" Shelby drop; TMI Sport R custom interior; T5 TKO, Speed Hut custom speedo; Autometer Phantom gauges; SSBC Force 10 -13" disc brakes w/10.5" rear disc brakes; 24" Griffin Radiator w/twin 11" 2800 CFM fans; Classic Auto Air AC; Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights; Mustang Project Shelby LED sequential taillights. 2001 Bullitt rims w/Nitto NT555 235x45x17 tires.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page