Unique Performance Parts - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Mod and Custom Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jay

Anyone know who is carrying their parts now? Trying to get one of their shift handles. If you place an order through their site it explains they will no longer sell direct but through dealers...

TIA
www.vintagemotorsports.com
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I suppose you could contact UP at their 800# and ask for a dealer list (since it isn't on their site).

(800) 418-4543
67Rally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jay

Did not get me anywhere... was like the email to their customer support address that came back

Spending too much time with Foose at Barrett I guess?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
If you place an order through their site it explains they will no longer sell direct but through dealers...

TIA
That doesnt make much sense, I think that handle may be the only item that UP makes on their own, Baer brakes, Flaming river columns, TCP steering and suspension, Old Air A/C, etc. Heck, they recently started advertising in M&F magazine.

I've seen them at a bunch of local shows hawking the handle, for about $15 more than the website price. They have been a the Good Guys show everytime I went the past few years.

Hope that helps.

PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
Fast68back is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well, I could speculate just to post some kind of reply like the others, but that would be absolutely worthless.

but on the other hand, having spent over $10k with UP in the last year or so....

.... I can answer just about any question you might have.

If you're wanting to order parts from their on-line store, that ain't happening. It shut down last October. Their on-line store flopped hard due to IMO, mismanagement. The story (as of today) is they will be offering their "unique" parts to include the CS signature items through a new (yet to be established) dealer network.

They'll have to do some damage control to regain any of my business. There were blatant lies told while waiting over 6 months for paid for parts.

Their previous on-line store manager (Dave) has left UP. They have a new guy (Ryan @x138) still filling back-orders from before last October. He's doing a fairly capable job, but I feel he's fighting an uphill battle with the upper management (pure speculation on my part). I feel that UP really wants to focus on car building.

UP had a real good idea. One-stop shopping for all your high-end Mustang needs. They obtained a licensing agreement with CS to develop and sell "signature pieces". I think they were overwhelmed by the sales from their on-line store. Buyers were "world-wide" and spending a lot of money... not $1k, but 20, 30, 40k. Coordinating all of this must have been a nightmare.

What if you made homemade cookies for the gas station down the street to sell. You figure one or two dozen cookies a week should cover it. All of a sudden you get an order for 50,000 cookies, they're paid for, hungry cookie eaters are waiting, but getting hungrier every day, and you need to ship them all over the world. Can you say "honey, hows the oven working and sit down cuz we have a problem...."

I don't think they were prepared for/envisioned 1000 people ordering parts.

Your shifter handle.... it's a "shelby" piece. You're going to have to wait.

Dave

"The danger of communication is the illusion that it has occured"
DaveSanborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jay

Dave,
Thanks for the straight dope. I see the potential here as well. Though the $40k online order is shocking!

I'm going to have to make our own. I'm sure the end product will be available to all for much less than $90 ... and it won't have any silly names on it
Old 04-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Dave,
Thanks for the straight dope. I see the potential here as well. Though the $40k online order is shocking!

I'm going to have to make our own. I'm sure the end product will be available to all for much less than $90 ... and it won't have any silly names on it
That's where I'm heading in the future. Make my own parts. One of the guys over on the garage forum had one of those Smithy 3-1 machines. You should have seen some of the parts he was turning out. Cool one off stuff for the price of the material and a few dozen hours work. Hey...if you like doing the work...that'd be the way to go.

Someday.

Phil

"Two barks means faster!" Enzo
HoosierBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dave I can relate, Ive ordered over 10k worth of parts with them. It was like pulling teeth, I spent nearly a year trying to get a much needed bracket which locates the rear coilover kit.
As for Dave, their previous online sales guy.....all I got from him was the recording machine and almost never got my calls returned.
I guess Im lucky I finally received all of my parts I ordered as Ive heard that some people didnt receive their orders.
Im sorry, I dont have any sympathy for them at all with the way they handled their business..........
I to have started to make my own parts. I am currently making a coilover kit and have already sucessfully made my own 13" Cobra front brake conversion. Mike U.
Mtrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.