Vintage Mustang Forums banner

EFI conversion wiring

50K views 156 replies 114 participants last post by  gkm24 
#1 ·
I re-wired a 1989 EFI harness for use in my 67 Mustang and recorded all the steps and made diagrams. Anyone interested?
Rob

#2 · (Edited)
did you write down all the ones you could cut off ?

i put a 90 harness in my 73 240z and its a 4 wire hookup.. power- ground- fuel pump - key on power..

what i didnt do was keep track of all the ones i cut off and deleted..

there are lots of sites that show what to hook up.. havent seen specific with colors of what you can remove for 89 and again same for 91 fox.. (they are different efi harness)

#8 ·
me too, I've got an 89 harness in the rafters

#13 ·
Thank you Robert!

Robert, thank you for making this available. A tremendous amount of work and very generous of you to share your experience!

#19 ·
The reason it's probably not posted is due to the very limited file size that you can upload. If there are any pictures, the file size rapidly exceeds the allowable size - so the only way to distribute it is via e-mail. Most files are limited to 19.5K max - just one picture can put you over that.

I also made instructions on how to modify the harness. If any one wants them, I can e-mail you what I have. Mine has lots of pictures. My file size is about 2MB - many times bigger than the 19.5K limit.

#22 ·
I too would like these wiring diagrams for future reference. Thank you
b_eades@hotmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.