Vintage Mustang Forums banner

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

525K views 6K replies 658 participants last post by  MSMach1 
#1 ·
Let's try and keep this going, anything you do to your car, whether it be new brakes, wax or floor mats, share it here! Pictures of the finished product is ok too! Just share away. :)

I'll start.

Installed a MSD 6AL.

#1,478 ·
I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes. I planned on blocking off that vent any ways so it was a non issue for me. I didn't want to chop up the pedal support.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#1,480 ·
Recieved my diy spring perch roller bearing kit from Dazecars.com. just in time as I finished most of the eps mounting last night.
And I'm pretty certain the paper towels he uses for packing are way better than what I use for the house lol. Was shocked at how well it was packaged.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#1,485 ·
#1,496 ·
Got the seat platform welded in and started lining up rear end sheet metal: quarters, fill panel, tail light panel

Attachments

#1,510 ·
I intalled all the door and roof seals. Then assembled the drivers side door. I hope the seals break in a little. The doors are a bit snug. I took her for a number of short rides to work out and try to find troubles. It runs good, but if I punch the gas it misses a bit then when the RPMs get going it seems to go well. Any thoughts. I also found a little oil leak. But she is getting closer. Still dusty.

Attachments

#1,513 ·
Finally got it cleared off and the battery charged. Cranked and cranked - finally threw some lawn mower gas down the carb. and it fired right up.....then died. I know it has gas in the tank and I see some in the clear filter before the fuel pump - but still it won't run! I guess more work is required - lol.

The good news is that I get to figure out how to reattach the gas pedal. It's never been off before - but I knocked it off today - I found a funny looking bolt laying on what is left of the floor board - so I have a starting point.......for another day - haha.

#1,517 ·
I'm attempting to locate the reason for no dash lights or dash turn signals, bu I think it's the headlight switch. I'll nail it down tomorrow for sure. I have power at the fuse when the light switch is pulled out, but NO dash lights. I'll test the blue with red stripe wire tomorrow going to the light switch and that'll tell me if its a bad switch.