2010-13 Mustang Seats... - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Mod and Custom Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

I, too, like his Cerullo GT seats in appearance. Its been years but at a trade show I had tried out many of his. Verdict: I didn't care for the lack of support. My father loved them. So back to the everyones butt is different.

Have you looked at some of the earlier BMW seats? Some of them mounted to a semi generic Recaro slider and Catskins make really attractive covers for them. Allows for nice support without being sized for race driver types. I use 16" Kirkeys as reference and the Porsche sport seats are still quite tight in lower back.

My favorite comment from a custom seat manufacture: Offered in Standard and Prosperous sizes. How to make larger sound flattering. On the flip side, one company sells there larger seats labeled Sumo which for those without thick skin may find harder to own up to .

Just make sure that the mounting style isn't insurmountable as some Japanese cars have some odd floor boards.
67 347 TKO Coupe SoT/CAT5
67 289 C4 Coupe stockish cruiser
69 460 TKO Vert, Mustang Plus Grab a Track
94 351 TKO AIX, Maximum Motorsports
02 3.6TT GT2 Porsche One lap America, JRZ,997 Cup suspension

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/LukeSportsman
Lukesportsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

What years of BMW are the ones to look for. It seems like they are quite popular.

I have Fiero seats as a favorite in my Craigslist search but they never seem to come up. I have been looking for a set of those for over 4 months and finally decided to expand my search. Whatever I buy will get recovered in new upholstery.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...G_5545-1-1.jpg
333 with 555 rwhp and 486 rwtq, EFI, Vortech V2 trim blower with 11.5 lbs of boost, H2O/Meth Injection, T56 6 speed, JMC clutch, Steeroids rack, Ron Morris Front and TCP G-bar Rear Coilovers, Cobra brakes, Boyd Magneato wheels. Basically a money pit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrqA9...ature=related#
68EFIvert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
I have a set of Procar Rally seats and they are a little higer than stock. DrStang I was curious if the Cerullo seats are higher than stock or do they sit nice and low? I like the look of the Cerullo GT seats for a Volov project I have.
This was a concern, so I made a trip to the factory in Pomona and sat in them. They thickness of the seat cushion area is lower than stock, providing you don''t use the seat adapter. if you use the seat adapters, it'll raise it an inch. The seat comes with the same tracks that we have on our stock Mustangs, but the spacing (width) is slightly different.

As for sitting in them, I found the Ultra Leather the most comfortable and soft (but still supportive). I sat down deeper into the Ultra L seats. The leather seats were much more firmer.

As for the GT model not too sure, but Richard the owner will answer all questions.

Steve

1965 A-Code Fastback
Built, September 14, 1964 (San Jose)
Viper red, White/red interior
TCP R&P, G Bar rear 4 link/w shockwaves
Global West Upper/Lower/Strut Rods
Ride-Tech Air ride
4 wheel Cobra disc brakes/Hydroboost
363 Stroker/Paxton Supercharger
Mass-Flo EFI
Owned since 1983
DrStang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
What years of BMW are the ones to look for. It seems like they are quite popular.
Can't tell you what will work, but stay away from the 88 BMW Recaros. They will work, if you remove the seat risers, strengthen the floor pans, and narrow the transmission tunnel.

But they're incredibly comfortable!

My advice: Either go with a proven conversion (Fox or SN95 seats, or Fiero), or take COPIOUS measurements. Don't worry near as much about the mounting brackets as you do the height from the mounting point to the seating surface, and width at the shoulders and at the base. If you've got a car with a roof, and not running convertible inner rockers, the width shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Last edited by Husky44; 01-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Husky44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm so jealous you got a hold of a set of 997 sport seats, my girlfriends dad has a pair on his 911 and they are amazing! I picked up a set of chocolate brown leather 86' 944 recaros and they are very confertable as well. Just another option to broaden your seat search. I chose the Porsche seats as they are very low to to the ground and will actually increase leg room once I get them installed. I bought a set of Fiero seats initially but the 944 seats were too good a deal to pass up. If you decide to go the Fiero route send me a pm and I can send them to you for cheap
E-Vukets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

Here is a link that I saved once that talked about some of the BMW seats,...also looks like someone got a lead on some Fiero seats as well.

Last edited by 66resto; 01-17-2013 at 08:19 AM.
66resto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a set of Procar Rally seats and they are a little higer than stock. DrStang I was curious if the Cerullo seats are higher than stock or do they sit nice and low? I like the look of the Cerullo GT seats for a Volov project I have.
I ordered the procar seats aswell... They came the other day and I bolted it in the car for laughs because the steering wheel is still on and I wanted to see if I liked them.. came with brand new seat rails and I had to get the 70$ adapter for them.. comes with all the bolts to mount them.. when I got them in there the fit was perfect with the stock 67 seat riser.. ( I don't know if you lowered yours) when I sat in it I felt REALLY planted and comfy.. i'm 5'10 192 lbs

Plus they look badass

1967 fiberglass fastback, all aluminum 427 supercharged and racing coilovers all around. "Still waiting to find a sequential manual transmission under 20k "

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...67-600x337.jpg
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #23 (permalink)

Just found a set of Fiero seats for $125 locally...worth it or not?

Or I can buy a whole car for $500, no title, was running when parked...and sell it later...lots of hassle though.

Last edited by 66resto; 01-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66resto View Post
Just found a set of Fiero seats for $125 locally...worth it or not?

Or I can buy a whole car for $500, no title, was running when parked...and sell it later...lots of hassle though.
I'd say $125 is a decent price, especially since they are getting harder to find. A guy in Florida (MrMikes Fiero) sells upholstery kits that are fairly easy to self install. He will even make new covers for your rear seats that match the front seat upholstery. His website describes how to add speakers to the headrests, which I think work pretty well. One trick is to swap the PS seat bottom with the DS seat bottom. The reason is that the outboard foam on the original DS seat bottom is typically flattened from the driver getting in and out all of the time. When you swap the seat bottoms you get "fresh" foam in this location.

Good luck

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3402.jpg (87.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Trial Fit 2.jpg (92.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Trial Fit 3.jpg (90.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Trial Fit 4.jpg (92.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 21 Interior.jpg (94.4 KB, 38 views)
ponyexprez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Well, I just picked up a set today with headrests built in. They had two sets...one without headrests and really beat up and a set with speakers in really good shape...same price, not a hard decision.

I have several months before I get to the point of needing them, so I will hang on to them and if I find something I like better, it shouldn't be too hard to get my money back. I did like they way they fit...I'm just under 6'0" and 250lbs, so not a little guy. The car was small, but the seats fit very nice. I will check with Mr. Mikes and see what he as, but I plan to have the whole interior done in black ultra leather, so I will probably just wait and have it all done at once.

I would like to have the speakers functional, but I really don't like the perforation for them...so I will look into options for that.

Last edited by 66resto; 01-17-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66resto View Post
I would like to have the speakers functional, but I really don't like the perforation for them...so I will look into options for that.
FWIW, the perforations are really obvious in the photos, probably due to the flash, but in person they aren't that noticeable. The photo of the seats sitting on the floor gives a better indication of how noticeable they are.

Dan
ponyexprez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #27 (permalink)

What about a set of Caviler seats? A lot of the S-10 guys swap them in and remove the headrests.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyexprez View Post
I'd say $125 is a decent price, especially since they are getting harder to find. A guy in Florida (MrMikes Fiero) sells upholstery kits that are fairly easy to self install. He will even make new covers for your rear seats that match the front seat upholstery. His website describes how to add speakers to the headrests, which I think work pretty well. One trick is to swap the PS seat bottom with the DS seat bottom. The reason is that the outboard foam on the original DS seat bottom is typically flattened from the driver getting in and out all of the time. When you swap the seat bottoms you get "fresh" foam in this location.

Good luck

Dan
I like the seats, Thanks for the tip

Your center console is AWSOME !
SKEL A STANG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.