2010-13 Mustang Seats... - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Mod and Custom Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010-13 Mustang Seats...

and no, I didn't find what I needed in the search function, but if you do I will gladly accept the link.

For my '68 Fastback, I have the factory seats, so I can use the rails off of those.

I saw a wrecked 2010 Mustang GT, black leather seats, blown air bags, 6 way power...thought these might look good in the restomod theme. I have read where these are more comfortable than the 2005-09 models, but I haven't seen any side by side to know the difference in size and comfort. This guy was fixing his, but I thought it might be a good idea to do a little more research.

Found a set on Fleabay, $500 for a pair with blown bags. I plan to have them recovered to match my interior so no big deal there.

I had planned on using the factory seats all along, but after looking at them and the direction my car is taking, not sure if it will flow. I would like the factory ones just to keep it grounded a bit and not look too modified, but I am sure the new ones will be a lot more comfortable.

This car will have a custom center console as well. Also planning on using the Mustang to Fear headliner to gain the extra headroom. No plans on the seat risers at the moment...mine are perfect with factory paint still on them (so do the floorboards , so I would like not to cut it up.

Last edited by 66resto; 01-15-2013 at 06:27 PM.
66resto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a feeling they will sit a bit high. Your MTF headliner will give you increased head room, but you may have your knees hitting the steering wheel.

I you're getting seats re-upholstered anyway, there are cheaper better fitting options.

1965 A-Code Fastback
Built, September 14, 1964 (San Jose)
Viper red, White/red interior
TCP R&P, G Bar rear 4 link/w shockwaves
Global West Upper/Lower/Strut Rods
Ride-Tech Air ride
4 wheel Cobra disc brakes/Hydroboost
363 Stroker/Paxton Supercharger
Mass-Flo EFI
Owned since 1983
DrStang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good point there Dr. Stang...I forgot all about the height between the seat and the wheel.

I have read the threads about Fiero seats, Fox seats, Recaro seats...I have found a few of each example that I like, but nothing that lights my world on fire. If I decided to run without a center console or use the factory one, then I might stick with the stock seats. I'll see if I can come up with some measurements of the 2010 seats from the floor to the top of the seat and the distance from the seat to the bottom of the wheel in "driving" position.

Then I can measure the '68 and see how much higher I would sit in the seats.

Last edited by 66resto; 01-15-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

I rent cars all the time. I have always thought those seats would be great, but did not know that they had air bags in them. I like them because they are close to the original seats but have side support. Let me know how it works out. Do all of them have air bags?
dobrostang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jay forget those mustang seats they suck. I went crazy with seats i ordered seats from sparco, corbeau, recarro and cobra, they all just didnt fit right with the mustang seat pan height.

I have finally found the ideal seats for comfort, size and aesthetic. Porsche 997 S , dimensionally they are spot on to my mach1 buckets and just 1/2 narrower on the seat bottom. I stole a brand new pair from a porsche race facility that they really did not need. The shop plans to fab those up next week il send you photos when they do. Im super excited to see them in my car. I am having the seat inserts redone with a new design and the airbags will be removed and the entire seat recovered in porsche nappa leather.
55Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is what I put into my car. Extremely comfortable with Ultra-leather. With seat adapters, into existing seat pan holes.

Cerullo, Cerullo Performance seating, Cerullo seats, sport seats, car seats, truck seats, seats, SUV seats, hummer seats, H2 hummer seats, third row seats, 3 row seats, automotive seats, aftermarket seats, aftermarket car seats, Porsche seats, automo

1965 A-Code Fastback
Ride-Tech Air ride
Mass-Flo EFI
Owned since 1983
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have a set of 07 Shelby seats in my 66 coupe on the original tracks. If I left out the risers I could have used the late model tracks but the risers are structural so I didn't want to leave them out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07 seats installed.jpg (91.8 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by tweet66; 01-16-2013 at 03:15 PM.
tweet66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would assume those are different seats than in the sig pic? Those are very nice. I need to see some in person. I'm not a little guy, so I need some seat/back width. Are those the XR3? Any pics of them installed?

And the plan for now is wall to wall (and trunk) in black ultra leather with stitching to match the paint.

Last edited by 66resto; 01-16-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

FWIW: I won't own a 10-14 Mustang simply because of those seats. I've rented them on multiple occasions, and after much more than an hour in the seat, I began having lower back pain, that just kept getting worse. My wife noticed the same thing when she rode in Mustang rentals with me. I drive lots of different kinds of rental cars, as well as moving regularly between my Excursion, wife's 06 Subaru, my 95 GT, even my son's 06 Mustang, and never had a problem.

The Shelby has the Recaros, and they are a totally different animal. Most comfortable seat I've ever sat in-7 hour road trip with only one time out of the seat (for gas), and I was perfectly fine.

You might want to rent one for a day or two to see if you're OK with them, before you spend a bunch of money on them.
Husky44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky44 View Post
The Shelby has the Recaros, and they are a totally different animal. Most comfortable seat I've ever sat in-7 hour road trip with only one time out of the seat (for gas), and I was perfectly fine.

You might want to rent one for a day or two to see if you're OK with them, before you spend a bunch of money on them.

Thanks Husky...may be just the excuse I need to drive a Shelby
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66resto View Post
I would assume those are different seats than in the sig pic? Those are very nice. I need to see some in person. I'm not a little guy, so I need some seat/back width. Are those the XR3? Any pics of them installed?

And the plan for now is wall to wall (and trunk) in black ultra leather with stitching to match the paint.
You are correct. At the time of that photo, I was using 2004 Mustang seats. As for the bolsters etc. on the Cerullo seats, they fit me great. I'm 6'3" 230lbs. They can also widen the seat for you if needed.

The seat I picked was the XR with a custom design and no racing harness holes.

1965 A-Code Fastback
Ride-Tech Air ride
Mass-Flo EFI
Owned since 1983
Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

IF you look at Porsche seats, make sure you confirm sport vs standard. They change through the years and models, but usually are substantially different in fit/support/ and comfort. I'm purposely using non sports in a GM build, since my sports in the 911 (though great for DE's) are a little too supportive for cruising in comfort. Everyone's butt is different in what is comfortable, but you gotta watch head clearance in these Stang's if you ever plan to put on a helmet. I had all plans and parts to redo seats in my 67' with TMI sport r's, but after the new Dynacor one piece bracing install....looks like one piece Al seats are going in or a Gurney bump (don't find that visually pleasing on a coupe )
67 347 TKO Coupe SoT/CAT5
67 289 C4 Coupe stockish cruiser
69 460 TKO Vert, Mustang Plus Grab a Track
94 351 TKO AIX, Maximum Motorsports
02 3.6TT GT2 Porsche One lap America, JRZ,997 Cup suspension

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/LukeSportsman
Lukesportsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Stopped by a place in town today...all they carried was two different Corbeau Racing seats...the seats bolsters are so narrow that I could hardly get in between. The Corbeau website lists them about 20 inches for the narrow and 21.5 inches for the "wide" version. The seat was OK, but the back was way two narrow.

The Porsche seats look nice and hopefully the seats don't wrap nearly as far around as the Corbeau racing seat. I am hoping to find someone who has these local to try out...unless Dr. Stang is passing through Tulsa...say within the next 4 months?

I think anything I get will be a non sport/race type seat...not big on that style, plus I am too big for that style .

The one thing I like about some new car takeoffs is I get 6 way power thrown in for free.

Thanks for the help, please feel free to make anymore suggestions as the search continues.

Jay
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky44 View Post
FWIW: I won't own a 10-14 Mustang simply because of those seats. I've rented them on multiple occasions, and after much more than an hour in the seat, I began having lower back pain, that just kept getting worse.
+1 I owned a 2010 Mustang and took it on multiple long road trips, I hate every one of them because the seats were so uncomfortable. That was a main reason I traded it in.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have a set of Procar Rally seats and they are a little higer than stock. DrStang I was curious if the Cerullo seats are higher than stock or do they sit nice and low? I like the look of the Cerullo GT seats for a Volov project I have.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...G_5545-1-1.jpg
333 with 555 rwhp and 486 rwtq, EFI, Vortech V2 trim blower with 11.5 lbs of boost, H2O/Meth Injection, T56 6 speed, JMC clutch, Steeroids rack, Ron Morris Front and TCP G-bar Rear Coilovers, Cobra brakes, Boyd Magneato wheels. Basically a money pit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrqA9...ature=related#
68EFIvert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.