Nu Seats!!! - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > General Discussion > Mod and Custom Forum
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Looks like money well spent 68 GT.

Though for other's considering this look, TMI has retro coverings for this exact thing now days.
67 347 TKO Coupe SoT/CAT5
67 289 C4 Coupe stockish cruiser
69 460 TKO Vert, Mustang Plus Grab a Track
94 351 TKO AIX, Maximum Motorsports
02 3.6TT GT2 Porsche One lap America, JRZ,997 Cup suspension

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/LukeSportsman
Lukesportsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Wedge Engineering in Long Beach CA has brackets that mount the Recaro e21s into the stock Mustang fittings. They also have new sliders if needed.
pwrecker0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
Called on some BMW E30 sport seats (Recaro style BMW Knockoff) on Craigslist. Before I could get out to see them I searched on this site to see if they would fit. One guy said, yea they will fit but you should look at E21 seats "They're sexier".

M
I have a set of Recaro's E series from a 98 M3. Great seats! Was going to use them but would have to remove the seat pans. They adjust up down and back and forth, with a back leg support. Since I didn't want to alter the car I tried removing the existing sliders and fabricating some other to fit. Lot's of work but it can be done. You can view a picture on my car domain site.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737158/1965-ford-mustang
Rix65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
What are those out of? I want to hit pull a part here soon and try and find me something.
A Pontiac Fiero. The seat covers were matched to the 65 pattern by a business in Florida called mrmikes.com. He specializes in Fiero seat covers. Great guy to deal with.

-Shannon

331 Stroker with EFI, 355rwhp - 358 ft/lbs
Street or Track coil-over suspension
LastDeadLast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to txtrailerdaddy1

I got mine out of a BMW E30 as I recall. I had to cut the seat risers out. I took a couple of 3/4" nuts and used them as spacers to level the seats. The driver seat elevates, but it puts you into the headliner. My only complaint is they don't tip forward like seats from a coupe. I havent looked at the bottom side real well to see if there is a stop that I can grind away to make them incline forward. Here's a pic.

1967 Base coupe w/ Fox Body 5.0 EFI, AOD, 5 spring leafs for the rear, new upper and lower arms & bushings, 1" sway bar, Shelby drop, KYB gas-adjust shocks x4, Borgeson P/S, CAA A/C, AAW wiring harness, RJM EFI harness, 20 gal fuel tank, VHX Digital Dakota gauges, Tin Man sub frame connectors, 2.5" Magnaflow dual exhaust. http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mo...-my-build.html
txtrailerdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Those 2002 Recaros always look great, a buddy of mine has a 2002 and got his seats from aardvark racing and they are great quality and pretty cheap (relatively to Recaros). I got a set of 1986 porsche 944 Recaros and hopefully they look half as good as your BMW ones when I eventually get them recovered.
E-Vukets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

Thanks for the tips - as for the seats themselves, I was just looking to get a "hug" out of my car when I beat the daylights out of it.

I have had many autocrossers and track instructors over the years tell me that getting rid of my stock seats will improve my times. They say that I spend too much energy trying to keep myself in the seat by holding on the the steering wheel, its almost a universal comment from anyone that is good in the sport. I really noticed it this year with my new Hero Camera mounted inside. I'm definitely working a lot harder than I need to!

With winter projects of a modified front suspension and 5 leafs out back, I can't wait to hit the tracks this spring feeling the love...

These seats were the right answer at the right price for now. We will see if they are the final answer but I know I can sell them for a profit so my grin is ear to ear all the way around. I like the way they do not dominate the interior and they sit very low...

Thanks again,

M

Last edited by dobrostang; 03-02-2013 at 10:28 AM.
dobrostang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.