Vintage Mustang Forums banner

How should I badge new Baer T4 brake calipers?

Baer or Shelby badged calipers

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  JPIII 
#1 ·
Decided on Baer T4 disc brakes for my 65 FB rest-mod. Looking for opinions on whether you guys would opt for the "Shelby" badge. Upgrade price doesn't concern me but it's $200 for front & rear combined. Thanks

#2 ·
Personally I would go for plain unless it was "Brembo". And then only maybe.
If you are building the the car with other signature Shelby cues then Shelby stickers/emblems on the calipers might make sense. But really? $200 extra just for that? Zing!

#3 ·
I tend to agree with you. The only brakes I expect to see with badging on them are Brembo, Shelby, and Wilwood. If I had a choice I would definitely go plain but doesn't seem like an option.

#8 ·
The logo is machined and painted. I'll have to inquire if they could leave them plain or at the very least, not contrast painting the machined logo. I believe they are PBR calipers (not 100%).

#10 ·
I have been eyeing the Baer 6P's I really like the Baer brakes. I will opt for the black calipers since my car is white and black. I would also prefer to delete the contrast paint on the logo. If your car has the Shelby theme than I would get the Shelby logo. If not I would get the Baer logo. Will you see the calipers through your rims? What size are your rims? What color is your car?

#11 ·
The plan is for 17" MB Old Schools so the 13" rotor & caliper should be pretty visible. The car will be some shade of red, but don't know exactly which. I'm still thinking red calipers but only if it 1) matches pretty close to the color or 2) is a complementary shade of red.

No other Shelby theme so it looks like I'll go the Baer route deleting the contrast paint.

#21 ·
#19 ·
The baer stuff is rather expensive, but it's worth every dime!! I just hated having to wait 8 weeks to get my kit. Going from 4 wheel drums to this disc setup is huge. After I got everything seasoned and bedded in, I did a couple panic stops to get my prop valve dialed in, and it about put me through the windshield. I've never had a problem with my brakes since and the rotors are pretty resistant to rust when the car does set for a while. It stopped so hard I could starve the carb of gas lol. I liked the contrast logo for mine. Even though my car is white and blue the red contrasted nicely with it.

#22 ·
Yes I've had these on my 65 for a couple of years. I wanted the 6 piston fronts but at the time the wait was like 10-12 weeks. The install is very straight forward. Hardest part is shimming the caliper brackets to center the rotor. The kit was very complete. The front billet hubs are very nice as are the screw in wheel studs. Since the install all I have done is change the brake fluid in the spring. I did have to get an adjustable brake pedal rod for my wildwood master. You will love them!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.