Vintage Mustang Forums banner

4.5 leaf standard eye springs

796 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  4ocious 
#1 ·
Who makes a decent set? Having trouble finding them in standard height. Has to be stock height as I am running 275-60-15's on the rear.

My car is sitting 1.5 inches or more low on the drivers side when compared to passenger side.

#3 · (Edited)
All Grab-A-Trak leaf springs have been sourced from India for some years now (previously California) and are of unknown steel grade, but certainly not SAE 5160 which is the best. At the prices they sell for 1095 steel is most likely. They will have neither the fatigue resistance nor the shape memory of 5160. They will not last as long before sagging and may sag unevenly. The leaf ends are angle cut for the most part but not tapered. The rebound clips do not fully box the leafs. These springs bear a remarkable resemblance to some other springs on the market, the only difference being they are labeled as "Grab-A-Trak" instead of maybe "John R" for instance. My notes rate them as acceptable for short term use only or if you want to save money on a car you plan on selling. I do not think all the reports of them being inconsistent are fair, some who complained had simply ordered the wrong spec leafs for what they thought they wanted. Mostly incorrect eye placements (car sits too low or too high).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.