Charlotte Auto fair - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Charlotte Auto fair

I realize NPD doesn't attend the Auto Fair. But I was wondering if you have "show" sales or specials the week of the Auto fair at the Charlotte location?

Jody

68 Mustang
347/TKO
used to be fast...

66 Mustang Fastback project

build thread http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...ack-build.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Hi Jody,

Sorry, but we don't do any show specials... We do a bustling business during the Fair by just having everything in-stock, and available to pull over the counter with no shipping.

You can find cheaper prices down in the flea market, but it can sometimes be Russian Roulette... Why?

Because most of those small travelling outfits make little effort to source-to-best-tooling, or best-available, they're just re-selling anything they can get their hands on, from whomever they can gain a W/D account from... Defects commonly wind up in the flea-market circuit, old/bad/obsolete toolings can wind up being blown-out for cheap on the flea-market circuit, etc.etc...

Sure you can find deals, but it can be hit/miss. And once you've paid for it and get it home, man, it's yours.

I know we sound a bit scroogish, and it's not that. We've just always tried to run a straight/consistent approach on quality and price. No gimmicks, no having to chase points-programs and random-sales and discount-codes, and then having to track that against whether the regular prices that are being discounted are artificially-inflated to counteract all the sales and points programs and discount codes... Whew (labored breathing)... See what I mean? It's a circus!!

So we try not to be a circus, we try to be reliable and trustworthy. So it's business as usual during the Fair, which honestly, we feel is still damn competitive (and less risky! )

Rick
NPD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:41 PM

So not like the airlines then Rick

Me: Hello BA, "I'd like to use some of my miles that I've earned through my many flights to the USA on a trip to Charlotte on the 6th of April 2016 please?"
BA: Sorry sir but no flights to Charlotte have availability for free flights on that day
Me: Okay BA,"I'd like to use them to upgrade my seat please"
BA: Sorry sir no seats are available for upgrade on that date to Charlotte
Me: Okay BA, "I'd like to use my miles to pay down a portion of the seat I am buying please?"
BA, Audible laughter, Sorry sir no seats are available for buying down a portion with mileage on that flight. Also you get very little off your seat price by buying it down with miles
Me: So BA, what are the miles actually good for?
BA: Sir you may purchase bottles of wine from our catalogue with them.

Thanks but no thanks, :-)

Rick, do you want to OWN the door panel business? Please dear god change the gosh darn cardboard backings for something like PLASTIC!! Something that does not tear to bits when removing, Yes I use the tool you sell.

cheers for your straightforward pricing and great customer service.

Peter

in UK:
64.5 Cvt, Burgundy
68 Camaro SS/RS clone 4spd
65 Cpe Yellow 4spd,
67 Orange FB
68 Green FB
68 Blue FB
65 Blue FB. Hubcaps
66 Red FB Shelby Rep
67 Beige Vert
73 Vert
65 Blue FB sty stls
66 White cpe
65 Green FB

Shipping to UK :
65 Blue FB project
67 Red Vert
66 Silver Cpe
68 Drk blu cpe
68 Red cpe
65 Black cpe
69 Orange Camaro
69 Burgundy Camaro
67 Burnt Orange Camaro
71 Beetle
48 Willys Jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page