Shop Recommendations Thread - Post Your Regional Places Here - Ongoing... - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 02:36 PM

Automotive Restorations in Stratford Ct. The name of the body shop is "The Panel Shop". Those guys did a couple of frame rails/trunk floor areas for me a while back. The guys name is Mark Barton. A nice guy. These guys can custom fabricate almost anything for a vehicle body. They deal in a lot of the European cars, but also will do american. They're busy, so an appointment to check them out would be recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 05:48 PM

Tango Classic Automotive, Bellingham,MA. is a first class restoration shop. Media Blasting, complete rotisserie restorations focusing on Ford muscle cars. A new management TEAM is in place with years of mustang restoration & knowledge. www.shelbymustang.com

2005 Boss Car Nationals www.boss302.com
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:08 AM

In Westchester County, NY State

Northern Westchester AutoBody. The owner, Vinny Grasso has been a friend for over 30 years. He & his partners do great work and are as honest as the day is long. He has a very busy shop and all of the most up to date equipment. He is located on Green Lane, Bedford Hills, NY. Tel: 914-666-5300

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 AM

HI: Well, this is a long shot, but I'm up here in Maine (hancock=across the bay from Baa Hahbah, near Ellsworth, 1/2hr from Bangor) imported my 66 vert from Pa, and have just taken it out of the resto shop in Maine(not mustang guys, but good body/paint)....trying to enjoy the car for what remains of the summer (zero--its' 43 here tonight). The car is 95% meaning that what I have left are all the things that were forgotten, not done correctly, or not thought-out correctly...mostly mechanical like diff gears for rear end, PS valve, bigger exhst sys.,convt.top replmnt, engine tuning, etc. Is there a miracle out there, known to you members who performs their magic in the state of Maine, preferably midcoast, downeast, or central/northcentral Maine? Looking for someone experienced and wise in the ways of classic mustangs who can help me nail down the other 5% of stuff to make it run as good as it looks. Any help/referrals would be greatly appreciated. Since I've been here, seen 10000 street rods, but just a handfull of stangs. Any names, numbers, town addresses of these gurus hiding in the coves with their mustang magic?? Please give me a clue if you gottem! Thanks//steve

66 Vert GT Clone FRPP302/340hp,hooker hdrs,MSD,KYB,FluidyneRad,& usual suspects. Vint.Burg/Blk-int/top
70 Vert,351-4V,cam,FPAheaders,MSD,T5/Hurst,custom 2 1/2" duals,torque-thrust 15F/16R. Dk.IvyGreen/Med.Ivy-int/wht.top
66 Vert Real Factory GT 4spd-to be restored.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 08:25 PM

hey you are in DE right// no doubt the best choice for your is ERNIE at BDM (is that the right initials) seen their work (A+) after that certainly gotta be Mid County'/seen their work too. very good. Glaziers outstanding but expensive for sure. There is also a place Bucks county mustang, they seem OK. Coming Norther to NJ/ Gaszek Mustang restoration in Morristown has gotta be one of the best. Lastly, I hear CJ;s pony parts has a good resto shop too. On a smaller scale, I have work I sub out to welders and body men (local to me) that I could or would recommend, feel free to contact me if you needed any help
Tony
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:31 PM

Tony: The correct name is B.C.D Preservations and thanks for the recommendations of the Restoration shops in the area!
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 AM

great, yeah I know I had the initials wrong but I knew Ernie posted above; their work is great.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 10:09 AM

I have a 64 1/2 convertible D code. It was sitting for twenty + years with a tarp over it. By the time I got it the tarp had disintegrated. I basically need a new unibody. The car isn't in two yet but the frame rails are hurting. I'm in Central Jersey by the Jersey shore. Any ideas on where to go. Mid county in PA isn't too bad of a hike but I'd like to find someone closer.

Thanks

Brian
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Garage
Where ever you choose to have your Mustang painted/restored, insist on seeing their liability insurance policy. I was AMAZED to discover how few shops are properly covered. Do not take their word. Insist that you be named by the policy writer as a primary beneficiary in the event of a loss. This is dead serious business. Your car could be stolen, burned, or stripped, and you're left standing inline for compensation. I'm in a parallel business and such is standard practice.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 PM

This isn't in the North East but I stumbled upon these guys in Spring Green, WI. They do some amazing work and work on all cars not just super high end stuff. Really fun to work with as well. My car is hopefully getting painted this week. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 AM

Media Blasting

We focus on media blasting classic cars and are located in Hampstead, NH. We don't do plows, sump trucks, or heavy equipment...just classic cars (and lots of Mustangs)!

You can see LOTS of pics of our work here: Sand Blasting - Classic Car Sandblasting

Come and check us out, I'd be glad to show you around our shop!

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting: www.classiccarblasting.com
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 PM

Maine restoration shop

Hi guys, wondering if anyone here has experience or knowledge of a shop in Poland, ME called Maine Mustang a.k.a Back From the Dead Restorations? You can send me a PM too if you prefer.

Thanks.

Mike

1967 GT Fastback
A-code 289/4-speed
Wimbledon White w/Exterior Decor Group
Red Interior w/Decor Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page