New Guy - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New Guy

Hello all,

Sorry in advance if Im posting in the wrong section, but i wanted to meet local people...

I'm a new member to the site and I am currently looking to purchase a 67-68 convertible. I'd love love love to have a fastback but after saving up for some time now I've realized they are out of my $ range and I'm not getting any younger. The love of the Mustang has been handed down to me from my late uncle Dave who owned one back in the day and regrettingly sold it when I was young. The car is being built as a tribute to him and my family. I'll be cloning the car resembling my uncles '67 Shelby, white w/blue racing stripes. His was a fastback.

I live in Petawawa, but will be moving to Kingston in August for the long haul. I'd love to meet anyone in that area once we get settled

Hopefully I will find my dream car soon. I've been looking for quite some time and now I have the funds available to make the purchase! If anyone knows a guy who knows a guy (hahaha) I'm all ears!

That's a little about myself and my intentions. I hope to be a long time member and am looking forward to chatting with you all!

Thanks!

Darryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Welcome, Residentdud. Hope you find the car you're looking for. If you open your mind to coupes, there will be lots more to choose from (especially if you're on a budget). There's a lot out there, just make sure you get a solid car to be the foundation of your build.

Good luck, keep us apprised.

1968 Fastback GT - 302-4V, C4, 9" LSD, original Canadian car
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks rumble!

I purchased a '67 convertible. Its a great car. Originally bought in Ohio and was kept in Florida. It has 21k original miles - all original car. I bought it off a collector north of Barrie and flat bedded it to Petawawa. It passed safety with replacement of axle seals and new brake shoes. Since then I've installed a new Magnaflow 2.5" system and hedman headers. I also purchased a new Edelbrock carb and intake which will be going on soon...but not soon enough.

1967 Convertible - rebuild in process

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Wow, nice find! Congratulations.

1968 Fastback GT - 302-4V, C4, 9" LSD, original Canadian car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page