Mustang Project dealers in Canada? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Mustang Project dealers in Canada?

Looking to convert my lights to the Mustang Project Shelby tail lights. Does anyone know if these can be purchased in Canada? The shipping is $185 from the states...ouch!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone?...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:35 AM

not sure where you live .... but in my area (outside montreal, QC) there is a place 2 min from the US border called Freeport Forwarding (in the USA) ... I have everything shipped there .... USA usually has free shipping over there own territory... so I cross the border and tell the dude i'm going to freeport to pickup car parts, then I cross back the Canadian border and I pay duty on it and come back home :-)

easy as pie :-)

good luck

'68 Wimbledon White on Parchment Int. Console Coupe 289 4v

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm in Petawawa, soon to be in Kingston.

Thanks for the reply. That's great, thanks for the info!

1967 Convertible - rebuild in process
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 AM

It's been my experience that shipping has been much cheaper from US suppliers than buying here in Canada. For example, it cost me over $400 to have 2 quarter panels and a firewall shipped from Alberta. I should have done my homework first. I was on NPD's site about a month later and priced the parts just for fun...$240 for shipping. Brokerage fees are usually in the range of $65 on most of the packages I've had shipped. Live and learn, for me anyway.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper50 View Post
It's been my experience that shipping has been much cheaper from US suppliers than buying here in Canada. For example, it cost me over $400 to have 2 quarter panels and a firewall shipped from Alberta. I should have done my homework first. I was on NPD's site about a month later and priced the parts just for fun...$240 for shipping. Brokerage fees are usually in the range of $65 on most of the packages I've had shipped. Live and learn, for me anyway.
If you're in Canada, please CALL our Michigan Depot 1-800-521-6104 1-734-397-4569, we might be able to do you better on the freight... Websites can't think.. They just do...

Rick
NPD
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM

Rick, I appreciate the heads up. I will be placing an order very soon.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 PM

I recommend NPD Michigan.

Residentdud when you end up in Kingston, Ontario. Have your NPD orders sent to a parcel pickup in Watertown or Alexander Bay, New York. Then go pick it up yourself. It will save you the brokerage fee's. shipping may be less as well.

I lived in Kingston for 16 years. If you like micro brewed beer. Try the Drogans Breath real ale or pal ale at the Kingston Brewing Company. Great people there as well. Just leave the Mustang at home.........LoL
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Sarman, thanks for the shipping info! It sounds like a good time! Never lived in Kingston, its a nice spot thats for sure. Any ride nights out there? or meets?

Rick, thanks for the heads up as well

1967 Convertible - rebuild in process
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:19 PM

Yes. Every Friday night at the Canadian Tire at 2560 Princess St, Kingston. Right at the corner of Princess St and Gardniers Road.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 AM

Yup there is a mustang club in Kingston and a racetrack in Shannonville about 25mins from Kingston if your interested.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 AM

I just ordered some springs from NPD michigan.. I asked to be sent USPS.. Got here very quickly.. Only thing was, there was a sticker on the box that said $150 shipping or something!! I should check my CC bill!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 04:26 AM

Have you asked them about other shipping options. The default UPS shipping rate that I sometimes get when I want to have parts send to me in Sweden can be very expensive. I once bought some strut rod bushings from Maier Racing. They came after two days by UPS for $150.... They would have fitted in a padded envelope, which would have cost maybe ten bucks by post.

USPS is usually considerably cheaper, especially for smaller stuff. Not as fast though. Another advantage for me is that they drop it off at my local post office. UPS and FedEx insist on deliverying it to my home, during daytime on weekdays when I'm at work.....
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 AM

^^^ work will not allow you to get stuff delivered there? I get all my stuff delivered to my office and reception is like....why are tires getting delivered here....hahahaha
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bossnine View Post
If you're in Canada, please CALL our Michigan Depot 1-800-521-6104 1-734-397-4569, we might be able to do you better on the freight... Websites can't think.. They just do...

Rick
NPD
That is good to know

1968 Fastback GT - 302-4V, C4, 9" LSD, original Canadian car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page