Hello Canadians! - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Johnny how did you *make* adjustable strut rods? Very curious here.

1968 Fastback GT - 302-4V, C4, 9" LSD, original Canadian car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Why did you asteriks that? Are you implying I did not?

I took my originals, and lopped them off.. then threaded them to... I think 3/4 x something.. I'd have to check.

Bought some threaded steel sleeves that thread onto that side of the strut rod. Other side of the threaded steel received 3/4" shafted rod ends, with a 5/8 end/hole.

5/8 hole drilled through the strut rod support, with a bit of reinforcement (Thick washers, drilled out to be exactly .625) welded to each side of the support.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM

bought new leaf springs and every couple days go into garage to start work but the cold coming out of cement just sends me house cursing all the way.But not for much longer.Enjoy weather when it comes and drive safe folks.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM

I waxed my 68 getting it ready for a 50th photo shoot at Ontario Place on April the 12th.
About 200 cars have been invited, sponsored by Ford Canada.

Modified 68 Mustang convertible, 331,AOD, MCA Red Grille Medallion, 2014 MCA Pinnacle Award Driven class
05 Mustang, MCA Grand National Gold (sold)
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 AM

Bought a new billet front accessory drive, air cleaner, fuel lines from carb to pump, plug wire loom. Accomplished, nothing. Hoping that will change this weekend.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 01:17 PM

I'm also hoping to go through the shed this week and unload all the parts it turned out I didn't need for this project (Some doors that need repair, new door skins, some suspension parts, etc). Stay tuned for a for sale bonanza.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kechke View Post
I waxed my 68 getting it ready for a 50th photo shoot at Ontario Place on April the 12th.
About 200 cars have been invited, sponsored by Ford Canada.
Photos by Derek Bartolotti? Anyway Ford didn't invite me so I didn't know about it until after the fact. Then again with the winter we had, I didn't get my car back home from storage until May. Then I blew the water pump on the way home. Then my back brakes weren't working. It's been a ****ty summer so far. Still trying to sort out my brakes, I think my booster is pooched.

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumble View Post
Photos by Derek Bartolotti? Anyway Ford didn't invite me so I didn't know about it until after the fact. Then again with the winter we had, I didn't get my car back home from storage until May. Then I blew the water pump on the way home. Then my back brakes weren't working. It's been a ****ty summer so far. Still trying to sort out my brakes, I think my booster is pooched.
Wow it's so dead in here, I find myself quoting... myself. Anyway if anyone is out there, I finally paid a professional to fix my brakes. The master cylinder was leaking into the brake booster (serving up a side-dish of vacuum leak). I had both removed, rebuilt, and reinstalled. Three months later than usual, and $280 lighter, I finally have my car to drive. Now, though, it stalls when I stop at a red light. Always something to tinker with.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Take it out for a rip tomorrow to Wingham! There's a Mustang show at Leslie Ford from 10-2. I plan on heading by for a bit to check out the cars... unfortunately I'll be driving my Mazda.

1968 Coupe - 302/C4
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLSCALE View Post
Take it out for a rip tomorrow to Wingham! There's a Mustang show at Leslie Ford from 10-2. I plan on heading by for a bit to check out the cars... unfortunately I'll be driving my Mazda.
I missed the show! They posted car show pictures on face book a few weeks ago, and I assumed I'd missed the show. Turns out they have two shows, and I missed both LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page