• 1 Post By gt350sr
  • 1 Post By gt350sr
  • 1 Post By Fastang68
  • 2 Post By Ponyboy
  • 1 Post By gt350sr
  • 1 Post By 4280

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Smells like old around here.

No new going on around here. Is everyone dyeing off? What gives? Someone tell a story of something.

Troy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 07:55 PM

Eh. It's cold. '66 is hibernating, waiting for $$$ to float down from the sky. It's keeping my '89 company, which is also waiting on the Dollar Fairy.

1966 Restomod/track car, 1973 Q-code Mach 1, 1989 GT, 1997 F250 diesel, 2005 retired OSP Crown Vic, 2015 Focus ST-2
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 08:57 PM
MWM

Drove my '65 FB on Saturday trial run with 1-1/4" hollow front sway bar with poly end links. Need a little more trimming on the bottom lip of the frame and it will be great!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 09:37 PM

been working lots of overtime to afford new go fast parts ,Don't have time to put new go fast parts on because of working lots of overtime
If this forum had a New members post here first thread ,You would see there has been quite a few new members sign up recently

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 10:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to c6fastback
33' here at the moment and I am still procrastinating on finishing the shop ceiling and finishing the insulation .

68 302-4V w/1.84",1.54" ported , Comp XE268H , 2200 rpm Hughes converter, 3.25 9" w/10x2.5" shoes , MSD box/distrib , RPM intake , 670 Holley , cross flow aluminum radiator , Granada discs......

Michael S.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:29 AM

Garage
Last night I welded a new edge onto an old shovel for my Dad as he's too damn cheap to buy a new one..... does that count?
Huntingky likes this.

Buckle up- I wanna try something!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:30 AM

I was running my car on jacks for a while just letting the engine and transmission get warm, After I shut it off, one of the freeze plugs, behind the head on the passenger side started leaking. Pretty pissed now! no pun intended! ha!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastang68 View Post
I was running my car on jacks for a while just letting the engine and transmission get warm, After I shut it off, one of the freeze plugs, behind the head on the passenger side started leaking. Pretty pissed now! no pun intended! ha!
That reminds me of my high school parking lot- after class when everyone was leaving, someone starting doing a burnout. Not to be outdone, several others including myself joined in. My 69 Cougar with a 351W blew out a rear frost plug and shot coolant onto the hot headers! The car was instantly enveloped in white smoke which everyone thought was tire smoke!! I recall quickly cutting through the back lot to get it home before my buddies realized what it really was! lol
Fastang68 likes this.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt350sr View Post
That reminds me of my high school parking lot- after class when everyone was leaving, someone starting doing a burnout. Not to be outdone, several others including myself joined in. My 69 Cougar with a 351W blew out a rear frost plug and shot coolant onto the hot headers! The car was instantly enveloped in white smoke which everyone thought was tire smoke!! I recall quickly cutting through the back lot to get it home before my buddies realized what it really was! lol

Ha that's good one!! speaking of high school one day after taking a girlfriend home, I went to start my car and it would not start. I had a 67 mustang with the blinkers on the hood. Well my blinkers started glowing so of course I open my hood only to find a fire!! So I go from Mr. Cool to Mr. VeryUNcool I started yelling and panicking LOL! and she's just watching. yeah that was the last time I dropped her off ever. Luckily we went to different high schools. But dang that thing started up great after the fire and after high school I became a fireman.
gt350sr likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:40 AM

In high school I had a 65 Cutlass. Battery was dead at a friend's and I needed to roll it backwards to jump it. Had the door partially open and the door edge caught a small sign post. In a heartbeat the door handle was pulled out of my hand and bent forward which broke the hinges. I was in paralyses as the door hit the road. The car continued to roll backwards pulling the door by the speaker wire, until the wire ripped out of the door leaving it on the ground.
gt350sr and Fastang68 like this.

66 coupe, '93 Fox seats, Three point belts, 289, 500 Cfm, Weiand, Hipo manifolds, duel exhaust, T5 trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.40 open, KH front disc, Porterfield R4-S pads, 1" front sway bar, Shelby drop, Spring perch relocation, Shelby quick steer, GT progressive coils (1/2 coil cut), 4.5 leaf mid-eye, KYB Gas-A-Just front & GR-2 rear, Export brace, Monti-Carlo bar, Sub-frame connectors, Performance alignment (+3.5 caster/-.5 camber), 16x7 wheels, 215/55/16 & 225/55/16 BFG G-force

Brad

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:28 AM

Garage
I'm told that when I was about 4yo, Mom stopped in front of the HS to go in and drop something off to my Dad who was teaching math inside. She left me in the car with my lil sis, parked in a steep sloped horseshoe ramp, car still running..... you can see where this is going, right? Supposedly I crawled over the seat and 'somehow' bumped the car out of park into gear and here's what happened; Dad's 65 Galaxie fastback ran into the back of his buddy's 65 GTO, which then rolled into the back of another buddy's 69 Buick GTX. I was too small to remember it, but dang that would have been fun to watch, right?? LOL
Fastang68 likes this.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Good story's , I lived in Portland Oregon and was attending ITT tech, Had a 69 mach, Driving down the street the seal on the oil filter blow out and filled the inside and around the car up with smoke. I could not see anything. I stopped in the middle of the road and no one stopped. Typical Portland people. Well 99% LOL

I have another one. In High School I was going home about 2 am after partying. A cop flipped on his lights for no reason other then to harass me. No comments this is my story. LOL

So I processed to hit 120mph. I turned off my headlights since I knew the road . I live 7 miles out of town. I out ran him. Pulled in behind the house and stood at the corner and watched him try to find me. Never did! Fun story's.
Fastang68 likes this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4280 View Post
Good story's , I lived in Portland Oregon and was attending ITT tech, Had a 69 mach, Driving down the street the seal on the oil filter blow out and filled the inside and around the car up with smoke. I could not see anything. I stopped in the middle of the road and no one stopped. Typical Portland people. Well 99% LOL

I have another one. In High School I was going home about 2 am after partying. A cop flipped on his lights for no reason other then to harass me. No comments this is my story. LOL

So I processed to hit 120mph. I turned off my headlights since I knew the road . I live 7 miles out of town. I out ran him. Pulled in behind the house and stood at the corner and watched him try to find me. Never did! Fun story's.
Good ones, First thing that comes to mind with all the smoke in the car is CHEECH and CHONG LOL!
After a night of partying as well, my standard shifter from my 67 mustang came right out of the floorboard. I was downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and I'm perplexed (buzzing really) because I'm staring at this shifter I'm holding up in the air that I know should not be there LOL! so I had to drive in second gear for about a mile to get home that was the end of that night. Probably had something to do with the fact I reversed the shifting pattern to avoid getting it stolen.
I also outran a cop once I wouldn't do it now a days, but it sure felt good back then. LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page