Info about John Stigall in NC - Vintage Mustang Forums

3Likes

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Info about John Stigall in NC

Be aware this person is using this site to rip off. I sent $150 to this person in Timberlake , NC under Melissa Stigall. For some deluxe mustang parts. He will not reply to emails, Nor answer the phone. 1-336-365-5405 his email is Johnautomobileshop@gmail.com

Do not do business with this person.

Troy in Oregon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM

I'm sorry to report a few of us knew that already. On Sept. 1st I was contacted by awhtx on behalf of Josep on Ibiza to see if I would be willing to meet this Stigall character who claimed to have some parts for a smog system Josep was looking for. I'm near where Stigall claims to call home. awhtx was concerned it might be a scammer. I said sure, get me an exact address. When Josep contacted Stigall to say he had someone willing to meet him and buy the parts in person Stigall went silent. This shyster/creep is obviously staking out VMF's parts wanted listings.

68' Fastback 302 GT, 350hp,T5z, some mod's
Near total rebuild began 12/08 AND NOT DONE YET
Davy Crockett: "Be sure you're right then go ahead"
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Not happy others also was taken.

Here is the address I mailed it to.
Melissa Stigall
240 Hunters edge dr
Timberlake, NC 27583

Maybe someone near there wishes to confront this person about taking and cashing money grams from walmart for this John.

I did a search and she still lives in the area.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

I also did a email search and found out the server is in California.

Not sure if he lives there and uses his relative to cash and send him the funds. Real peace of crap to through her under the bus if she is not aware.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4280 View Post
Not happy others also was taken.

Here is the address I mailed it to.
Melissa Stigall
240 Hunters edge dr
Timberlake, NC 27583

Maybe someone near there wishes to confront this person about taking and cashing money grams from walmart for this John.

I did a search and she still lives in the area.
Just checked the white pages listings for there. Christopher and Jennifer A. June are named at that address. One or both could be in cahoots with Stigall I suppose.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

I contacted the Durham police department. There no help. I'm sure it will cost me more to file a civil suit. Besides if he/she is not in this state it would be a waste of time. In my town there would be a few guys paying a visit.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4280 View Post
I contacted the Durham police department. There no help. I'm sure it will cost me more to file a civil suit. Besides if he/she is not in this state it would be a waste of time. In my town there would be a few guys paying a visit.
Timberlake is in Person County, not Durham.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Still no help since they want me to file a civil case. Ya like that is going to go anywhere.

I found out Melissa Watson Stigall moved in 2015 from timberlake and is most likely in Durham. Walmart shipped the money gram to a local store around there and she went in and got it. I see on her facebook page a picture of her. I bet she is using Watson in the local area and still has Stigall on her drivers license or some form of card to claim it.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 03:41 PM

It's not just VMF where he's trolling for suckers:

Does Anyone Live Just North of Durham, NC?? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

When Josep first received his response from Stigall he was suspicious because of the request for a Moneygram payment and he would never post photos of the parts in question- only photos of the '66 Mustang that he was supposedly pulling the engine out of. I contacted 4ocious who graciously volunteered to go pick up the parts in question. When Stigall was confronted with this offer he suddenly disappeared.

4280: Did you request a photo of the parts and receive one?
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 06:01 PM

Hello all,

4280, I'm very sorry to hear that.
Yes, I was looking for some parts to my SMOG system project and this guy contacted me saying he had the parts. When I asked for some pictures, he just replayed with a quote (cheaper than first!) but no pics at all. I again requested I wanted to make sure the part was the correct one because from the beginning I was suspicious it was a scam, but only get the picture that awhtx says, a mustang that looks to be restored or the like.. awhtx contacted with 4ocious and he gently agreed to check this guy, but when I said this Stigall a friend will go there and take the part for me, he went silent. So that confirmed my suspicious of a scam.
Hope you can recover your money or at least that scammer will be catched so he can't steal more money from honest people.

Josep

1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - AT TE - 6R07T213966 - San Jose built June 11th 1966
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn built September 9th 1965
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 06:11 PM

Garage
This is a fraud crime that is crossing state lines, I'd do a little investigation and try to find out how many people have been scammed and give the US Attorney's office a call. If there are enough people and $$ they might be interested.

1969 Shelby GT350 Hertz rebuild Gallery
Delivered to Ball Ford in Miami Florida, purchased by Hertz Rent A Car for delivery to Miami Internation Airport
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 07:52 PM

This scammer needs his *** kicked!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastang68 View Post
This scammer needs his *** kicked!
Probably more like "her", or "they". Miss Melissa is likely in on this up to her eyeballs.
joespony67 likes this.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ocious View Post
Probably more like "her", or "they". Miss Melissa is likely in on this up to her eyeballs.
Without a doubt she is.
What unsuspecting daughter/sister/wife would drive to Walmart to get a Moneygram for her father/brother/husband and not suspect something fishy is going on?
joespony67 likes this.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Yes I did receive a picture of the part I needed. As for 69GT350H statement it's all about the money before law enforcement gets off there *** to go do anything. I do not have any trust in the system. I once caught my cousin on film stealing $ right out of are family safe. Went to court and won or should I say really did not. The cash taken was over $6K and she only had to give me $25 back a month in repayment. I did not even get that. She stay a night here and there only to get out every time. Also when I garnished her job she would quit and find another . Starting the process over. 20 yr went by and then they told me it was over and I could take her back to court for another 20. I would have to put out more $. I gave up. 20 yrs and $168.00 I got back made me loose any care for the legal system.

Last guy that was caught here in our town doing something dump ended up naked, duck taped, and toss by the side of the road 30 miles between two towns. I'm not saying I did it , I just thought it was funny.

Last edited by 4280; 09-19-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page