Valley Mustang Club show in Simi Valley 6/5 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Valley Mustang Club show in Simi Valley 6/5

So the next big show in my area is the Valley Mustang Club show in Simi Valley on Sunday, June 5th.

The show is at a new location called the Hummingbird Ranch, which is a popular venue for weddings. It is a beautiful place from what I gather!

Any of you VMFrs attending?

Here is the info:
Valley Mustang Club Car Show

I'll most likely be attending, unless work gets in the way. Happens to coincide with the busiest time for my line of work...

'65 Vert 289 Blue on Blue, White Top. PS/PB/C4 Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

YouTube video promoting this show:

https://youtu.be/ATcmS3C4PzE

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:11 PM

Wow, close enough to me. signed up!

Steve E.
1965 Wimbledon White Vert.
T5, FiTech EFI, Borgeson Power Steering ,Ididit tilt, Street or track 4 wheel disc, coil overs, 3 link rear, 3G alternator, Custom sound system

Last edited by sessayan; 05-23-2016 at 05:29 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

So a follow up on the Valley Mustang Club show today in Simi Valley at the Hummingbird Nest Ranch:

My car overheated, waiting in line to enter the venue, as quite a few other cars did as well. The idea was to have a photo taken with you and your car in front of the picturesque barn. Great idea in theory! But the result was a huge line of cars, up a steep driveway, sitting in the heat. I abandoned the photo opportunity, as steam started shooting out of my coolant overflow hose. First time my car has overheated to that extent! Time for a radiator flush I suppose...! Thankfully my 13lb radiator cap held fast. Others were not so lucky.

But once I was parked and settled, it turned out to be a great event. Lots of amazing cars. Can't believe how nice the cars were in the concours category! Insane...! Lots of beautiful Fords of all sorts. Great venue, very beautiful. Tons of friendly car enthusiasts!

I plunked down $20 for a pile of raffle tickets. Man, I couldn't believe it, I scored BIG! Won a $50 restaurant gift card, a $15 gift card, a private, guided tour of the Peterson Automotive Museum & their private vault for 4, and to top it off, won a Lojack alarm system!!

And my car won first place, by default, as the only convertible in the 64-66 "personalized" category. First show I have officially entered!

Big thanks to the Valley Mustang Club for all the time and effort they put into this event! Despite the rough beginning, it was a great day, and I think everyone there really enjoyed themselves.

sessayan - Saw your gorgeous vert! Didn't see anyone near your car so I didn't get a chance to say hey! Oh well, next time.

Here is a gallery of my photos from the event:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UE&usp=sharing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page