Performance Mustangs in Houston? - Vintage Mustang Forums
Vintage Mustang Forum
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Go Back   Vintage Mustang Forums > VMF Chapters > Texas VMFers
Vintage-Mustang.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Performance Mustangs in Houston?

Hey guys, new to the forum! I've been looking for a classic mustang as a DD for a while now.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad from Performance Mustangs in Houston? I haven't been able to find any customer reviews on them aside from 1 on Google that had a horror story about some work they did.

Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about them. They have a couple cars I want to go take a look at.

Thanks in advance!

Victor
VictorB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bad..very bad.

He came to me to try and buy my 65 a while back. Offered me 1300 for it, was asking $4500.
Not that I really care who I'm selling my stuff to but the guy just came across as a scam artist. Acted like he had never seen a mustang before in his life then tried to "school" me after I refused his obnoxious low ball.

I knew the car needed work but I figured he would just throw a ton of bondo on it and then get it a cheap scuff and spray paint job.

keep looking. the cars are out there. buy it from someone that restored the car that can show you receipts and pictures so you feel a little more secure in your transaction. btw check out westsidemustangs.com a local website that you can post a WTB ad on and get some local help if needed.
'95 Lightning #2015
BigTang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely stay clear then.

Also, thanks for the website. It's been hard to find a good one. I missed a good one out in Nacogdoches. I just didn't have the time to make the trip out there. 78K original miles with documentation. It had every option I was looking for and were asking 12K. I'm still kicking myself over that one.
VictorB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

PLEASE do not do business with them. My mom bought my first car from there &it was a nightmare. The owner, Chip can be a real tool at times. I had my car for ONE year. My mom paid an additional 1,000$ for "insurance" from them to where if my car broke down we had to pay for it to get towed &pay Performance Mustangs 100$ &then they would fix it. Well not only did they lie about putting new parts in it, but within one year i kid you not, my transmission got replaced twice, my compressor froze up 3 times &caused my circumtine belt (i don't know if i spelt that right) to burn up &spent 1,200$ on a new top. My power windows went out 2 times &each time he charged my mom for "new motors", and not to mention my car caught on fire once. My mom had to add roadside assistance to our insurance because of how much i was breaking down. All that guy does is plays games with people. We finally had enough when i was driving my car home a week after getting it towed to get my transmission fixed..it went out again in the middle of i10 5:00 traffic literally 15 minutes after we left. After calling him &threatening legal action he agreed to buy my car back for less than what we paid, but i just wanted it over with. After the paperwork was signed &such i went &got my items out of my vehicle. I took MY radio that i had installed in there (it was NOT in the contract we signed that they could have it). They had the nerve to call me and ask me why i took it because that was just more money they would have to spend on the car to fix it. Did i mention when i took my car to a REAL mechanic shop they found out that over half of my wires and hoses were held together with tape? Please go somewhere elses that's my story from hell about them.
Gabrielle80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle80 View Post
PLEASE do not do business with them. My mom bought my first car from there &it was a nightmare. The owner, Chip can be a real tool at times. I had my car for ONE year. My mom paid an additional 1,000$ for "insurance" from them to where if my car broke down we had to pay for it to get towed &pay Performance Mustangs 100$ &then they would fix it. Well not only did they lie about putting new parts in it, but within one year i kid you not, my transmission got replaced twice, my compressor froze up 3 times &caused my circumtine belt (i don't know if i spelt that right) to burn up &spent 1,200$ on a new top. My power windows went out 2 times &each time he charged my mom for "new motors", and not to mention my car caught on fire once. My mom had to add roadside assistance to our insurance because of how much i was breaking down. All that guy does is plays games with people. We finally had enough when i was driving my car home a week after getting it towed to get my transmission fixed..it went out again in the middle of i10 5:00 traffic literally 15 minutes after we left. After calling him &threatening legal action he agreed to buy my car back for less than what we paid, but i just wanted it over with. After the paperwork was signed &such i went &got my items out of my vehicle. I took MY radio that i had installed in there (it was NOT in the contract we signed that they could have it). They had the nerve to call me and ask me why i took it because that was just more money they would have to spend on the car to fix it. Did i mention when i took my car to a REAL mechanic shop they found out that over half of my wires and hoses were held together with tape? Please go somewhere elses that's my story from hell about them.
That is one scandalous rat that you had to unfortunately deal with.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Doubtful dealership

Their announces brag of all kinds of restoration, new parts here, new parts there, but then no, sorry, they ain't got receipts to prove.
Plus, try to deal with the employees at that place -- they must be out to cause them bankruptcy with their snotty attitudes!
DreamOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.