TCI Engineering's Custom IFS - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 PM

What would I need to do and what will it cost to exchange for standard spindles and upgrade to Wilwood Calipers and brackets? I am guessing they would be Dynalite pro's?
That way I would keep the rack I have. It looks like the 4 link will be here on Tuesday so I should do this switch at the same time. Please advise.
Thanks
Craig

1968 Fastback Shelby gt500 tribute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsoncat View Post
What would I need to do and what will it cost to exchange for standard spindles and upgrade to Wilwood Calipers and brackets? I am guessing they would be Dynalite pro's?
That way I would keep the rack I have. It looks like the 4 link will be here on Tuesday so I should do this switch at the same time. Please advise.
Thanks
Craig

The spindle swap is no charge. The Wilwood upgrade is $400. The easiest way to do it is to just send back the whole spindle assembly as an exchange.

-J
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 AM

What is the procedure for exchanging? I forgot how heavy those assemblies are! I just got the rear 4 link yesterday and have an issue. I had ordered the 9" version where you have to weld the lower link/shock brackets but the area where the leaf spring pads are measures the same as an 8" (it tapers down). This is a factory 9" out of a 67GT so I am guessing the online ordering format needs a 3rd choice. I notified Fab Quest last night via e mail but haven't heard back yet. Thanks again for your help. If you would prefer PM let me know.
Craig

1968 Fastback Shelby gt500 tribute

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsoncat View Post
What is the procedure for exchanging? I forgot how heavy those assemblies are! I just got the rear 4 link yesterday and have an issue. I had ordered the 9" version where you have to weld the lower link/shock brackets but the area where the leaf spring pads are measures the same as an 8" (it tapers down). This is a factory 9" out of a 67GT so I am guessing the online ordering format needs a 3rd choice. I notified Fab Quest last night via e mail but haven't heard back yet. Thanks again for your help. If you would prefer PM let me know.
Craig

When Dave from Fabquest gets back in contact with you he can set-up the spindle exchange as well.

All of our weld-on axle brackets have a 3" I/D. The sales option on Fabquest's site is looking for whether you need weld-on or bolt-on brackets. There is only those two options. In the case where you need a weld-on bracket and your tubes taper down you will need to sleeve the tube to compensate.

-J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page