Finding an installation shop - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Finding an installation shop

I bought the full front and rear kit for my 68 Mustang 3 years ago. 2 years ago I had a shop down in Tennessee install the rear kit and do the mini-tubs at the same time. They did a decent job but was not completely happy with how they did the bracket attached to the rear-end for the panhard rod. I am now ready to install the front kit and am considering using someone else. How can I find a shop that has experience installing these kits...relatively close to where I live? It was an 8 hour drive each way for me to bring the car to Tennessee. Would love to find someone closer.

- 65 2+2 Fastback 289 4V 4-Speed (Mostly stock, under restoration)
- 68 Coupe, (32000 original miles), 2V C4. Resto-modding, TCI suspension, 5.0 EFI conversion w/5 speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeauxman View Post
I bought the full front and rear kit for my 68 Mustang 3 years ago. 2 years ago I had a shop down in Tennessee install the rear kit and do the mini-tubs at the same time. They did a decent job but was not completely happy with how they did the bracket attached to the rear-end for the panhard rod. I am now ready to install the front kit and am considering using someone else. How can I find a shop that has experience installing these kits...relatively close to where I live? It was an 8 hour drive each way for me to bring the car to Tennessee. Would love to find someone closer.
I have two of my sales guys investigating some possibilities. What is your zip code?

-J
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tci engineering View Post
i have two of my sales guys investigating some possibilities. What is your zip code?

-j

- 65 2+2 Fastback 289 4V 4-Speed (Mostly stock, under restoration)
- 68 Coupe, (32000 original miles), 2V C4. Resto-modding, TCI suspension, 5.0 EFI conversion w/5 speed

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Supporting Vendor

Ok, I don't have anybody right in your backyard but I do have one a couple hours away that is very well qualified. In fact they have a '67 in their shop right now that they just installed one of our front ends on. It's a pretty wild piece too, you can check it out here. https://www.facebook.com/Total.Cost....3003774&type=1

Perry @ Hat Creek Customs
704-639-1628

-J
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCI Engineering View Post
Ok, I don't have anybody right in your backyard but I do have one a couple hours away that is very well qualified. In fact they have a '67 in their shop right now that they just installed one of our front ends on. It's a pretty wild piece too, you can check it out here. https://www.facebook.com/Total.Cost....3003774&type=1

Perry @ Hat Creek Customs
704-639-1628

-J
Yep, looks like they could handle it.

Dan Nelson
67 coupe, 393 Cleveland
Toploader, 4:11, detroit no spin

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps30f73058.jpg

http://s880.photobucket.com/user/62h...y393c/library/?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 09:04 PM

Do you have any installers in Houston, TX area that you have worked with in the past? Zip Code is 77494.... Thanks!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostKT View Post
Do you have any installers in Houston, TX area that you have worked with in the past? Zip Code is 77494.... Thanks!

These guys can knock it out of the park.

Home

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page