Torque arm rear and mini tubs - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Torque arm rear and mini tubs

My car is currently at Grave Robbers getting some metal work done and I need to decide on the next step. I found Grave Robbers by way of the numerous write ups on their mini tub kit, and I had intentions of installing those. But a while back I read an article somewhere that said the mini tubs with the torque arm needed some mods. Now I can't seem to find that article or anything else related to that. So my questions is, does anyone have the information on the mods needed to fit the torque arm kit with mini tubs?? Or was that article wrong and there are no mods required?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableguyJJS3 View Post
My car is currently at Grave Robbers getting some metal work done and I need to decide on the next step. I found Grave Robbers by way of the numerous write ups on their mini tub kit, and I had intentions of installing those. But a while back I read an article somewhere that said the mini tubs with the torque arm needed some mods. Now I can't seem to find that article or anything else related to that. So my questions is, does anyone have the information on the mods needed to fit the torque arm kit with mini tubs?? Or was that article wrong and there are no mods required?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Jim

Jim,

We placed our link bars on the outside of the frame rails. For this reason alone a mini-tub is simply not going to help put a larger tire on the car. Now with a little ingenuity and some good fabrication skills you can move the link bars inboard of the rails. I am not aware of an article that would have detailed this. There is a small bracket that comes in our kit that connects the front portion of the link bar to the chassis. Long story short this bracket can be flipped and moved to the opposite side of the car on the inboard side. This atleast helps locate the link bars into a new position. You will then have to relocate and/or modify the axle brackets, panhard bar, coilovers and coilover crossmember. There is a shop in Tennessee that did this on one of their builds. I couldn't find any build pics on their page but here is a link. Precision Rod & Customs

I looked through my photobucket and I found a picture of their car with the afformentioned bracket moved inboard. It's the small "L" bracket in this pic.

-J
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Alright thanks for the info, I'll look for another solution. Thanks. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page