Viking Coilovers - Vintage Mustang Forums

1Likes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Viking Coilovers

Anyone running viking coilovers? Whats your experiance with them? Im looking for mostly height adjustment and if their as good or better than bilstein sport its a plus.

Ive read up on them and most a positive reviews. Made in the usa and by a ex QA1 engineer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 AM

You should buy the Street or Track setup, just my onion.

66 coupe, '93 Fox seats, Three point belts, 289, 500 Cfm, Weiand, Hipo manifolds, duel exhaust, T5 trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.40 open, KH front disc, Porterfield R4-S pads, 1" front sway bar, Shelby drop, Spring perch relocation, Shelby quick steer, GT progressive coils (1/2 coil cut), 4.5 leaf mid-eye, KYB Gas-A-Just front & GR-2 rear, Export brace, Monti-Carlo bar, Sub-frame connectors, Performance alignment (+3.5 caster/-.5 camber), 16x7 wheels, 215/55/16 & 225/55/16 BFG G-force

Brad

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:31 AM

I've got them from cpp. Can't comment on ride yet but they are a very nice setup. They do exactly what I was looking for in my application.

Living the dream or running it down... haven't figured out which yet.

My website and blog

67 fastback on jackstands... slowly getting a new lease on life.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
You should buy the Street or Track setup, just my onion.
street or track great product i have their whats link, i will like to but don't have the budget.
one thing i did when planning out my build is ask myself what the purpose of the car would be,
what did i came up with? sporty street driving mostly. I will most likely not use the suspension to its full potential,
so i can't justify the coin for a street car with the occasional autocross event.
rpm likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billywatson1205 View Post
I've got them from cpp. Can't comment on ride yet but they are a very nice setup. They do exactly what I was looking for in my application.
nice, I'm looking at the double adjustable version on CPP. What rear shock do you have, I'm not sure if i should keep the bilstein sports. I know QA1 is a quality shock and thats one of the reasons why it lead me to Viking, from what i read their identical but with a different spring design.

whats the fitment like?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 03:12 PM

Fitment was great. Went together very easily. Rears I just have Monroe right now. Haven't decided the direction back there yet.

Living the dream or running it down... haven't figured out which yet.

My website and blog

67 fastback on jackstands... slowly getting a new lease on life.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 03:25 PM
rpm

I read somewhere that Viking was started by a couple of disgruntled QA1 employees. If so, the quality should be top shelf. I bought QA1's four years ago, and have about ten miles on them.

Bob

There are 2 types of people, those who own pickups and those who borrow them.

69 M code Mach 1, 393w AFR 185, C5 trans, 3.50 traction lok N case, 13" 01Cobra 4 wheel disc, QA1 4 wheel coil covers, Chromo tube susp arms, Triangulated rear arms, Convertible inner rockers & seat riser, 6 point roll bar.

Build Pics http://s782.photobucket.com/user/rob...?sort=3&page=2

Build Thread
http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php...bitch-is-back/
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
I read somewhere that Viking was started by a couple of disgruntled QA1 employees. If so, the quality should be top shelf. I bought QA1's four years ago, and have about ten miles on them.
yes i believe so, it explains why they look exactly like QA1 shocks. The viking site is interesting, they only focus on double adjustable shocks, but believe they now offer single as well.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billywatson1205 View Post
Fitment was great. Went together very easily. Rears I just have Monroe right now. Haven't decided the direction back there yet.
I've never installed coil-overs before did you need spring compressors? i have bilstein sport valve shock in all 4 corners at the moment, I'm thinking of keeping the rears if i upgrade.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
That's pretty close..... ex-QA1 guys that didn't like certain business practices is the "PC" version
of how it happened. Basically the engineer in question took his "ball" (his patent designs) and left.....

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

As the drill sergeant said, "I taught you everything you know. I didn't teach you everything I know."

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
- Douglas Adams
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 11:15 AM

I have been running the Viking Crusader DA shocks on all 4 corner since the spring, and just a week picked up a set of front coil overs. Very very well made. I will be installing them later this month and will be updating my build thread then. These are going in mt 70 drag car. The adjustment access on both shocks and coil overs is very easy.

I have Opentracker Racing Roller, UCA and LCA's along with Spring perches. The spring perches come out and the bottom of the coil over assembly bolts right to the UCA. The top of the spring sits in the shock tower pocket like stock springs. Both ends of the assembly are roller bearings.

As a side note, I will be selling my current front Viking Crusader shocks that have less than 300 miles and 50 1/4 mile passes.

www.PalmieriConcepts.com custom showboards
10.47 @133(still practicing)
70 Mach 1 w/Boss 460 Stroker Engine-Build http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...ld-thread.html
70 Boss 302-May 70, Dearborn-Build http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/My-M...970Boss302.htm
62 Corvette-Build http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/My-M...roon/index.htm

MCA, MCCNE Member

Last edited by app01; 12-06-2016 at 11:18 AM.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Sweet i have order them from cpp, cant wait to install them. I will write a review as well.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 08:31 PM

I wonder how the double adjustable version would do with my Global West setup?
Hard to tell with out spending the bucks....
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsams View Post
I wonder how the double adjustable version would do with my Global West setup?
Hard to tell with out spending the bucks....
I can actually answer those questions when i write a review. I have GW upper and lower control arms with rosehill perf adjustive Strut-rods, the uppers have -3 degrees of camber built in so it should be a decent Performer.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:39 AM

I can't comment on the coil overs yet since they are still in the box, however, the viking shocks currently in the car have the same valving and I was very happy with them. Super easy to adjust with definite clicks for each setting so easy to count, and lots of adjust ability.

www.PalmieriConcepts.com custom showboards
10.47 @133(still practicing)
70 Mach 1 w/Boss 460 Stroker Engine-Build http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...ld-thread.html
70 Boss 302-May 70, Dearborn-Build http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/My-M...970Boss302.htm
62 Corvette-Build http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/My-M...roon/index.htm

MCA, MCCNE Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page