So some updates...
It might not look much, but it is a major success for me as it's been bugging me for weeks now.
I will replace the bamboo stick with a carbon or alu one and keep it in the trunk on clips or something like that.
In the above two pictures, I have to:
do a little bit more grinding as the hinges are catching
repaint the hinges
tidy up the metal I have to cut off
retouch the roll cage, a few scratches....
What I have done there is quite simple, I have separated the hinges and cut off the bits that I didn't need.
There is a U-clamp on the roll-cage to hold half of the hinge, a steel spacer is used at the pivot.
As for the money, I've managed to save about $4500 so that will be used for the rear axle, fuel tank, rear brakes and maybe the wheels depending on what's left....