65 notchback "track day" build - Page 12 - Vintage Mustang Forums

20Likes

post #166 of 172 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Likely not cut for correct alignment yet...
They are uncut! But, not for too much longer. Need to drop the front another 1/2"

-Mark-

1966 Mustang 2+2

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a race car. And I've never been sad in a race car!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 172 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblueBP View Post
They are uncut! But, not for too much longer. Need to drop the front another 1/2"
Kermits springs, not yours...
post #168 of 172 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblueBP View Post
Not sure why you needed to compress the 610's. Mine pull out and go back in without compressing. Have you dropped the upper arm (Arning Drop)?
I have done the Arning drop about 10 years+ ago.....
The coils are brand new, there is no engine so no proper weight yet on the front suspension, I will have to cut them if necessary whenever I reach that part in the build.

post #169 of 172 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Well, it's on 4 wheels.... with the 4x4 look

620 springs (SoT)
Bilstein race shocks (SoT)
Big spindles (SoT)
Big brakes (SoT)
Shaun, Ponyboy, Huntingky and 1 others like this.
post #170 of 172 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 AM

The tires must be your street rubber. You are also planning on a second set of wheels with track rubber, right?

66 coupe, '93 Fox seats, Three point belts, 289, Weiand, Hipo manifolds, duel exhaust, T5 trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.40 open, KH front disc, Porterfield R4-S pads, 1" front sway bar, Shelby drop, Spring perch relocation, Shelby quick steer, GT progressive coils (1/2 coil cut), 4.5 leaf mid-eye, Bilstein Street Shocks, Export brace, Monti-Carlo bar, Sub-frame connectors, Performance alignment (+3.5 caster/-.5 camber), 16x7 wheels, 215/55/16 & 225/55/16 BFG G-force

Brad

post #171 of 172 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
The tires must be your street rubber. You are also planning on a second set of wheels with track rubber, right?
For the time being, they will be my do-it-all tyres.
Finding a track tyre, road legal, for a 15" wheels that doesn't look a pan cake is near impossible.
I do not like 17"+ wheels on the early Mustangs, I do not like skinny tyres on a 15" wheel.

I might in the future get myself a set of steel wheels in 16" as tyre choice in that size is way better.
post #172 of 172 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
For the time being, they will be my do-it-all tyres.
Finding a track tyre, road legal, for a 15" wheels that doesn't look a pan cake is near impossible.
I do not like 17"+ wheels on the early Mustangs, I do not like skinny tyres on a 15" wheel.

I might in the future get myself a set of steel wheels in 16" as tyre choice in that size is way better.
Understand. Your build is so race oriented and using some of Shaun's coolist stuff I just expected more aggressive tires.

66 coupe, '93 Fox seats, Three point belts, 289, Weiand, Hipo manifolds, duel exhaust, T5 trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.40 open, KH front disc, Porterfield R4-S pads, 1" front sway bar, Shelby drop, Spring perch relocation, Shelby quick steer, GT progressive coils (1/2 coil cut), 4.5 leaf mid-eye, Bilstein Street Shocks, Export brace, Monti-Carlo bar, Sub-frame connectors, Performance alignment (+3.5 caster/-.5 camber), 16x7 wheels, 215/55/16 & 225/55/16 BFG G-force

Brad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page