Value of this 1966 K-code Coupe - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums

30Likes

post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Update: I thought it was weird the passenger fender was displaying the vin. Well this weekend I received a picture back from the dealer selling the car of the driver side fender vin AND ITS UPSIDE DOWN.

Geeesh! What the hell is going on? Is this amateur hour? So maybe the driver side fender needed to be replaced so the owner notches out the rectangle on the passenger fender to display the passenger fender vin. But why in the heck would the driver fender vin be upside down?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg (52.6 KB, 74 views)

1965 Ford Mustang, A-code Coupe
WimbledonWhite, Red interior
Automatic with 302 engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 PM

That looks legit...

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Woodchuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by evantugby View Post
Update: I thought it was weird the passenger fender was displaying the vin. Well this weekend I received a picture back from the dealer selling the car of the driver side fender vin AND ITS UPSIDE DOWN.

Geeesh! What the hell is going on? Is this amateur hour? So maybe the driver side fender needed to be replaced so the owner notches out the rectangle on the passenger fender to display the passenger fender vin. But why in the heck would the driver fender vin be upside down?
Even if it were right side up it such a blatant re-stamp.... the "K" is 2/3 the size of the rest of the numbers for cryin' out loud.

Bart

What, me worry?
- Alfred E. Neuman

post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Because it was hand-stamped by someone who didn't know what he was doing.
11thAirborne likes this.

Amateur restorer. Well, sometimes I have been paid for it. But not right now.
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 PM

Lol that picture is amazing! What about the passenger fender? Does he have a pic of that vin stamp?

It looks like they practiced with a 6 a few inches away...good thing they practiced :/

1964.5 Convertible D Code with factory 4 Speed born July 6th 1964

Last edited by Davegonewild; 03-20-2017 at 11:29 PM.
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Garage
I'm still trying to figure out why the OP is still dealing with this.
Stan
zray likes this.

From start to finish:
http://s863.photobucket.com/user/asl...?sort=6&page=1
Bay Area Mustang Association
President BAMA 2012-2014
'65 Fastback Mustang Monthly March 2013 http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...tang_fastback/
NorCal Forum

If you can read this, thank a teacher. Since it's in English, thank a soldier
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Stan
Me too. Is this just one of those hypothetical topics, or was there actually interest in purchasing the car ?

Z
aslan likes this.

post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Garage
Z, remember a few years ago when that guy wanted to redo his gas tank? There had to be a hundred posts and kept saying he would fix it raather than buying a new one. LOL
Stan
zray likes this.

From start to finish:
http://s863.photobucket.com/user/asl...?sort=6&page=1
Bay Area Mustang Association
President BAMA 2012-2014
'65 Fastback Mustang Monthly March 2013 http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...tang_fastback/
NorCal Forum

If you can read this, thank a teacher. Since it's in English, thank a soldier
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 AM

Maybe the OP is playing with the seller now, making him think he's got more than a nibble on this one. When the seller thinks he's got a real bite and tries to set the hook the OP will spit the bait out and swim away free leaving a frustrated seller behind.
At least that's what I hope he's doing.
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhtx View Post
Maybe the OP is playing with the seller now, making him think he's got more than a nibble on this one. When the seller thinks he's got a real bite and tries to set the hook the OP will spit the bait out and swim away free leaving a frustrated seller behind.
At least that's what I hope he's doing.
I hope he's not doing that. Even though it may be over priced, atleast the seller is posting everything up front possible about the car.

1969 MaCh 1 - CHP 427w 10.8:1 comp
TFS 205cc 11R heads || Victor Jr. intake || 950 Holley HP carb || 110* 236/240 .573/.594 hyd roller cam || 1 3/4" ceramic coated headers || 3" exhaust, x-pipe || 14" 6 piston front and 13" 4 piston rear Wilwoods brakes || T56 Magnum || SPEC 2+ hydraulic clutch || 9" Detroit Locker || 3.70 gears || MSD 6AL-2 || PST Aluminum DS || many other details.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/...ps10177618.jpg
post #41 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I hope he's not doing that. Even though it may be over priced, at least the seller is posting everything up front possible about the car.
I agree, the seller has posted a lot of high-res photos, it's not like he's concealing a rusty floor or something.

It's over-priced, but not fatally, unless they won't deal.

That's assuming it's a legit K code, and I have seen nothing to dispute that. I wish I had a dollar for every Mustang I have seen with the left-front apron replaced. I wasn't kidding about the $10k. That car could be a serious show car with a little work. Yanking the engine and detailing the engine compartment, including replacing the left-front apron would be at the top of the list. The rest is easy.

Amateur restorer. Well, sometimes I have been paid for it. But not right now.
post #42 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
VMFrs,
Here is a beautiful 1966 K-code coupe being sold at $49.9K. It has been for sale for many months at this price. Is it over priced? What would YOU offer for this car?

1966 Ford Mustang | Classic Cars for Sale Michigan - Antique Muscle Car, Auto Sales, Buy Old Cars - Vanguard Motor Sales

Dude, someone already said it, RUN, RUN, RUN, away from this car. Go to hipomustang.com and you can investigate it there if you wish. Any ways this car has been on ebay for a while, NO Sale. These guys want top dollar for a K code, that is a K code, but is not. For a top dollar price, this car needs to 100 percent stock, 100 percent correct in everyway. Now if you want some mod'd up K car, have at it. Go to the above site list, these guy know EVERYTHING about these cars.

1966 white monster.
6R09A
post #43 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:35 AM

1966 Ford Mustang | eBay

1966 white monster.
6R09A
post #44 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22GT View Post
I agree, the seller has posted a lot of high-res photos, it's not like he's concealing a rusty floor or something.

It's over-priced, but not fatally, unless they won't deal.

That's assuming it's a legit K code, and I have seen nothing to dispute that. I wish I had a dollar for every Mustang I have seen with the left-front apron replaced. I wasn't kidding about the $10k. That car could be a serious show car with a little work. Yanking the engine and detailing the engine compartment, including replacing the left-front apron would be at the top of the list. The rest is easy.

Should already be done for the price listed!

1966 white monster.
6R09A
post #45 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Stan
Stan,
No need to be concerned with me and what decision I make with this car. I simply asked how much would this car be worth and I'm pointing out the issues as they arise. Some have told me to walk away instead of answering the original question: the value of this car. As for you, don't be offended or second guest my interest in trying to put a fair price together on this car. Thank you for your feedback you provided a few times now but I'm still waiting on your dollar figure to answer my original question

1965 Ford Mustang, A-code Coupe
WimbledonWhite, Red interior
Automatic with 302 engine

Last edited by evantugby; 03-21-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page