1965 Owners Manual - First Printing - Vintage Mustang Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leon Narozny

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
C7Z

1965 Owners Manual - First Printing

Just wondering how rare and/or valuable a first printing 1965 owners manual is in good condition ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:48 AM

Garage
Most in good shape seem to have sold for around $20-$25.

Sold 1965 Mustang Owner's Manual

1967 Mustang 302 - Build Thread
1976 Triumph Bonneville

From Los Angeles. Going to college in Santa Cruz, California.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:27 AM

Garage
That's a solid range. $20-$25.

Bringing the Old School street scene back with a 1969 671 Supercharged Mach1.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
C7Z

The oldest version of the 65 owners manual I can find on ebay, or anywhere else for that matter, is the fourth printing.

I am talking about the very first version of printing of the 65 Mustang owners manual released with the earliest 64 1/2 cars.

If you look inside the front cover of the owners manual it tells you which printing it is.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7Z View Post
Just wondering how rare and/or valuable a first printing 1965 owners manual is in good condition ?
I think it's worth $1000 but I can't pay you until the second Thursday of next week. Will you hold it for me if I send you $1 now?

The easiest and fastest way I know of to determine the value of any item is to post it on Fleabay. Put a $10,000 Reserve on it if you don't want to sell it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
C7Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhtx View Post
I think it's worth $1000 but I can't pay you until the second Thursday of next week. Will you hold it for me if I send you $1 now?

The easiest and fastest way I know of to determine the value of any item is to post it on Fleabay. Put a $10,000 Reserve on it if you don't want to sell it.
I'm not looking to sell one, I am merely inquiring as to the value. Making a conversation of it maybe ? Discuss the differences and other subtle nuances ?

With old books, the earlier the edition, the more it is worth when condition is comparable. I have to assume the same is true for the earliest Mustang owners manuals.

If you don't know, fine, whatever, but I will never understand spammish replies like this ^^^^^.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 PM

Lighten up.......Just a little humor.
Fastang68 likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7Z View Post
I'm not looking to sell one, I am merely inquiring as to the value. Making a conversation of it maybe ? Discuss the differences and other subtle nuances ?

With old books, the earlier the edition, the more it is worth when condition is comparable. I have to assume the same is true for the earliest Mustang owners manuals.

If you don't know, fine, whatever, but I will never understand spammish replies like this ^^^^^.
If you want to know the actual value look for one in the "Sold listings" on Fleabay. If it as rare as you say then perhaps none have been sold recently and it will be difficult to determine a value. Of course some supposed Mustang collectible dealer can pick a value out of thin air but if none have sold recently how does he know what it's worth?
Some famous art dealer might say a Picasso painting is worth $5,000,000 but I personally wouldn't pay $5 for one.

I wasn't spamming you- if you want to know the value of anything look on Fleabay. But take that with a grain of salt because we are all aware of shill bidders.

I read your post in such a way that it appeared you have one and are thinking of selling it. If all you wanted to do is to talk about what one may be worth you should have stated so.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Woodchuck
They still made a whole s^%tload of '65 Mustang owners manuals, even the "1st printing". That's why even early-'65 Mustangs are still affordable, when compared to other significant automobiles of the era.

Bart

What, me worry?
- Alfred E. Neuman

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:44 PM

Although mine is a second edition printing (May 1964, which corresponds with my May 25,1964 production date), I believe I paid about $80.00 for a mint original.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page