What is my '69 Mach 1 worth?? - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums

12Likes

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:46 AM

Garage
That's an easy 35k car here in New England all day long.

1969 Raven Black M Code Mach 1 with 351W
1965 Shelby AC COBRA Factory Five MKII with 514
1965 Rangoon Red Fastback/Convertible with 289
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:22 PM

That looks like tis got to be a $30K+ car. White is always one of the most desirable.
Take a few knocks for the 2V and FMX and simply reply, "Thats why i'm not asking $38K!"
It sounds near survivor quality with reasonable miles , from Cali. = worth more than comps to some.

I'd start with the soft sell like say "considering offers around $35K. Dont need to sell. Continuing to tweak things, price may go up."
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
If you ask anything less than 35, you're selling it short. You may find you'll have to lower the price if it doesn't sell, but the 69-70's are fetching high prices right now.
Exactamundo. I have 1970 H-Code Mach 1. As I've said in other posts, I recently called Hagerty to adjust my policy. The rep told me very matter of factly my car, in excellent condition, is valued at $46,200; more if it's concurs.

Yeah, the value of these cars is really going up now that the economy is improving. Thus, I don't think the OP should ask anything under $35,000. Likely, it will generate a bidding war. Just try to find a 69/70 Mach 1 in good shape these days which isn't insanely priced. If you do find one, it will likely be sold before you can get a hold of the seller.

Currently working on a 1970 Mach 1 project. See it here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...ode-build.html
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:38 PM

Looks like 25-30K take it home price. Start at 35K and see what happens.

Current piles of rust 1965: New yorker***1968: GTO convert, Lemans convert Porche 911***1969: MustangGT convert, Mach1 S code Mach1, Mach1 CobraJet R code GTO convert, Firbird Convert 1970 Boss 302***1972: Charger***1999:f250 CNG truck***2011:nissan Altima ---> I need to get rid of some of this junk lol
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again for the info and opinion all. I think reading through this thread, you can see why I asked. Even those close and in the know are varying 10K+ on opinions. I've looked around some and seen a few very comparable (outside my area because I'm finding little to nothing here), and one even lessor condition asking over 40K (and "fully restored" over 50K). This kinda shocked me cause other than the last month, I hadn't kept in touch with values over the last 7-8 years.

BTW....anyone needs an awesome battery, the Die Hard Gold I just replaced lasted 11 years and it still was turning over the car fine (but CCA was 1/2 of new)!

-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17

Last edited by Verndog; 04-21-2017 at 02:35 PM.
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makedust View Post
I'm going to say $55k is the high.
Knock off about a third so your asking price is $36,850.
I wouldn't go lower than $27k.
No one gets anything near 55 for an H-code. That's R-code territory. Even 38 is still ridiculous.
69DroptopGT likes this.

'69 Convertible 351w, 5-speed
69 Mach 1 351w 4-speed
'69 Mach 1 S-code, 4-speed
'70 Boss 302
'84 GT-350 5.0, 5-speed
'84 GT-350 Convertible
'04 Cobra
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:03 PM

This really has turned into a typical "what's this car worth?" thread. If the OP was buying, the opinions of the value would be really low, but since he's selling the opinions of the value are incredibly high. It sounds like Verndog is taking a realistic view though. I think he has a nice car, but I'm just not seeing things sell for as much as some of you guys are suggesting. All you really need to do is get on cars-online.com or craigslist and take a look at the asking prices. I have my own '69 H-code for sale and I think it's every bit as nice as Verndog's but the only offer I've gotten is for $20k, which I obviously rejected.

'69 Convertible 351w, 5-speed
69 Mach 1 351w 4-speed
'69 Mach 1 S-code, 4-speed
'70 Boss 302
'84 GT-350 5.0, 5-speed
'84 GT-350 Convertible
'04 Cobra
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 01:11 PM

I said 25-30K because the car is not perfect. It needs some stuff to take it into trailer queen. To be expected because this car was driven and enjoyed. My estimate is based on what I have seen. This is a H code which is lowest engine offered on a Mach1. It has an FMX not c6. Color is nice and upgrades are nice. Thats why I am leaning toward 30k but would really have to be seen in person. A cobrajet with an auto goes 50-55k (my project CJ cost 15.5K and has engine and scoop). Just because it is someone here selling it I would not overvalue it. If he was selling it, listing at too high of price will keep it on the market too long. Then buyers will use this against him. Maybe I am cheap but that's how I see it. If you are selling it, good luck on the sale. Looks like prices continue to rise.

Current piles of rust 1965: New yorker***1968: GTO convert, Lemans convert Porche 911***1969: MustangGT convert, Mach1 S code Mach1, Mach1 CobraJet R code GTO convert, Firbird Convert 1970 Boss 302***1972: Charger***1999:f250 CNG truck***2011:nissan Altima ---> I need to get rid of some of this junk lol
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
This really has turned into a typical "what's this car worth?" thread. If the OP was buying, the opinions of the value would be really low, but since he's selling the opinions of the value are incredibly high. It sounds like Verndog is taking a realistic view though. I think he has a nice car, but I'm just not seeing things sell for as much as some of you guys are suggesting. All you really need to do is get on cars-online.com or craigslist and take a look at the asking prices. I have my own '69 H-code for sale and I think it's every bit as nice as Verndog's but the only offer I've gotten is for $20k, which I obviously rejected.
I agree that as owners we are more likely to lean high with optimism. I think I will start around 27-28K. I prefer to give a reasonable deal than bleed people for all they are worth, and I should get my money back out of the car plus a bit anyway. I have one forum member I know here that wants to look at the car soon, and I told them 24K. I think that would be a good deal to them hopefully.

I also should add someone is going to score IMO. I'm giving everything I have for the car with sale. I had planned to eventually have the problem area dealt with and complete re-paint, but the car was just too decent to tear into and end values were not there 10 years ago when I planned that.

I have NOS tail light panel,(2) NOS 4V valance, original rally wheels, NOS hood trim, new rocker trim, new Graphics Express complete stripe kit, many new bolt sets and floor and truck plug set, power steering new line set, original 2V manifold and carb, deluxe NPD car cover and a bunch more odds and ends.
That NOS tail light panel alone is real difficult to find, and $400+ right there easy.

Lastly, I've now searched Ebay, Craigs list, Classic Auto trader and google, and there literally is next to nothing similar within 500 miles. I found one 69 FB primered and needing much more work asking 23K locally. NADA shows average price of $34,100 and high of $65,000 LMAO...I think not. That said....I would be surprised if this car lasted a month once I put an add up actually, but time will tell.
69DroptopGT likes this.

post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69DroptopGT View Post
I said 25-30K because the car is not perfect. It needs some stuff to take it into trailer queen. To be expected because this car was driven and enjoyed. My estimate is based on what I have seen. This is a H code which is lowest engine offered on a Mach1. It has an FMX not c6. Color is nice and upgrades are nice. Thats why I am leaning toward 30k but would really have to be seen in person. A cobrajet with an auto goes 50-55k (my project CJ cost 15.5K and has engine and scoop). Just because it is someone here selling it I would not overvalue it. If he was selling it, listing at too high of price will keep it on the market too long. Then buyers will use this against him. Maybe I am cheap but that's how I see it. If you are selling it, good luck on the sale. Looks like prices continue to rise.
All automatic 1969 and 1970 351Ws (and the '70 Clevelands) came with FMXs, not a C-6 (which only came with 390 (1969) and 428s in Mustangs those years). This is a very nice driver 1969 Cobra Jet that isn't selling for the $40K range... IMO, the market just flat-out sux for sellers right now. Here's the ad:

"I'm selling my 1969 Mach 1 (9F02R). Details below.
[Red car/black interior]
1969 Mustang Mach 1
R-Code, Ram Air Shaker
428 Cobra Jet
C-6 Auto w/shift kit and stall converter (not original trans, no cast iron tailshaft)
Fresh built motor in 2013, standard bore, is a Jan 1969 C-scratch CJ Block, 428 stamp in the water jacket.
Dyno tested after build, 392hp and 485 ftlb torque.
Mileage unknown, odometer reads 83,000 but cluster is not original to the car.
Car is incredibly solid for a 47 year old car. Was originally a southern car.
I have receipts for the build and all parts purchased (unless it was a cash transaction from swap meet).
Have the Marti Report as well. Car was built April 1969.
Has fold down rear seat.
New interior (all seats) done in 2015, carpet done in 2012.
Basically was a rolling body when purchased. I had to source everything from interior (every component), to drivetrain (engine, trans, drive shaft, axles, wheels, etc), brakes, wiring, etc....
Car has been driven to local car shows and cruise nights.

Asking $40,000.
Vehicle is located at my home in New Hartford, NY, about 1 hour east of Syracuse."
69DroptopGT likes this.

--Bubba
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:58 PM

A65myself, I did not know that. I kinda assumed a c4 or c6 would be on a mach1 as my parents early 70's Merc. Monterey had one and I was thinking Ford was phasing out FMX in late 60's. Verndog, I think you are being reasonable on you price. I think though if you put on craigslist, start 35k and go from there. If you start at 30k, everyone will offer you 20k. .I think the norm is to knock off 1/3 asking price on craigslist. We all want our cars to be worth way more than we put into them lol.

post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:01 PM

BTW I was stating max price for auto CJ. That is in perfect condition number match. Littlest things on Bosses and CJ really effect the price. The smallest piece of can be worth 1k lol

post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Well we have several winners here. 25-30 crowd wins this one, but argument could be made for more. I put a free add on Craigs list 3:00 Sunday for 27.5K. By Monday lunch for I had literally 10 inquires. First guy shows up with cash and trailer, I learned he is a fix and flipper but money is money and he offers 25K after a very thorough look over. I said pass too much interest too early. He said change your mind I'll be back and left card.
I call buyer 2 who was local, and hour later he shows up with concourse mustang build buddy and now I figure I'm in for it. Anyway, show and tell all I know (very condensed version), then buddy walks, crawls under, and checks out every nook and cranny around and starts pointing item after item then pauses and says, yep!..... "it's a good one, Jeff you've been looking for a year, buy it!" LOL. Test drive went awesome, car ran great and I took his 27 cash offer. This guy has been looking for a Mach for a year and he and his Mustang builder buddy love the car and are happy buyers. He did get an easy $1000+ in parts to though so we are both happy and this guy is going to keep her on the road from here on. What is crazy is both these guys carried the 275 hunderd $ bills with them! I told the buyer nope, wont keep that much $$ in the house we will finish tomorrow at bank. Bitter sweet day, full range of emotions after all the memories driving off tomorrow will be tough, but soon I'll get to using that $$ and be smiling again...for a while at least. I've taken up biking again, so I do still have a motor modin' hobby I enjoy. Take care all, thank you everyone for the great memories, although many of the pack has come on gone so guess I held out a decent long term relationship with Elizabeth.
Grabber70Mach and 69DroptopGT like this.

post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:49 AM

Great ending...sounds like 2 happy people on this one. Don't be scared of Benjamins...it's just paper...

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 AM

Congrats on the sale.
That was a nice 69.
I've seen a few haggered 69-70 sportsroofs go for about $20k, saw a knackered 70 Mach 1 on at the swap meet for $20k (not that they would get it).
Someone got a great deal.
(I still think you could have got a couple of grand more).
Good luck on your next purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page