What is my '69 Mach 1 worth?? - Vintage Mustang Forums

 12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Verndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,129
Arrow What is my '69 Mach 1 worth??

Hello all,
Been out of the loop here for sometime but the time has come to sell my 1969 Mach 1. I purchased the car in 2004 from San Jose Cal. with 67,000 original miles (now has 74,900). It is a stock 2V car I converted to 4V and put dual stainless steel Magnaflow on it, Edelbrock manifold, Holley 600, and MSD pro billet distributor to make it more driveable. The interior is in excellent cond., replaced dash pad, NOS clock movement, re-dyed some fading panels, and a vacuum / oil pressure gage cluster.
There is some some rust through in a couple of spots on the very lower truck drops from a leaky rear window seal when I bought it. I stopped the rust with rust mort, and it's not very easy to see with the trunk mat set, but it is there. Frame rails, shock towers, floor pans, and cowl are all in good shape. The car has always been garaged by myself and the original owner.
It will come with the original stock rally wheels (decent shape), and the magnum 500's that are on it now.
Motor is stock and runs well. FMX transmission is good and shifts and drives well, but a couple of seal leaks that need to be addressed (not bad but drips some).
I've won some awards when I showed the car early on, and the car is in as good to better condition today.
It also has Marti Report, 2.75 rear end, AM/FM.
Motor and Tranny are stock, all parts removed were saved. Other than that, I'd say paint is 7 of 10 (good driver quality), and it drives and sounds very nice.
Comps are hard to compare as many mods effect price people ask.
That said, give me your opinion on todays value if you will?
I'd appreciate the input...

Kevin--












-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17

Last edited by Verndog; 04-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Verndog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
gregb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Redondo Beach CA
Posts: 1,949
Without seeing it in person I'd guess 25k. Maybe a couple thousand more or less depending on the buyer.

69 Mach One, 428CJ, Legend 5 Speed, 3.91's.
gregb is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
I was going to say 25k as well. I'd recommend putting the original air cleaner and valve covers back on. I'd also paint the distributor cap black and get some black plug wires. These are simple things that wouldn't cost much but they will help the car sell much quicker.

david

69 Winter Blue 302 Fastback w/ Original Paint

Moodster is offline  
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Hill Country of Central Texas
Posts: 4,174
It's a Mach 1 and a bottom of the ladder one- 2V, FMX, 2.79, no AC. PS, disc brakes?
Ask $35 and see what kind of offers you get.
awhtx is offline  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Verndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,129
Thank you guys. That was a few K more than I thought of asking. I will lean low and make it a good deal I think. So more people are down on mods you think? Those custom engraved billet Mach 1 valve covers really make the engine bay look better IMO (but that is me), but i do have the stockers still I could paint and throw back on.

-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17
Verndog is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
rickgto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 640
What it's worth is what someone is willing to pay. All too often I see on these forums is guesstimates that I'd wager the guesstomers have an opinion but no interest in buying so Don't check on what asking prices are. Look into what sold prices were.
rickgto is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Verndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgto View Post
What it's worth is what someone is willing to pay. All too often I see on these forums is guesstimates that I'd wager the guesstomers have an opinion but no interest in buying so Don't check on what asking prices are. Look into what sold prices were.
Trust me I've tried over the last week or so, and I see none within a few 100 miles of Seattle sold or even for sale right now. Last classic car I sold 60 Thunderbird sold quick on classic auto trader and they have zilch on Mach 1 right now (69 or 70).??

-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17
Verndog is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:27 PM
Senior Member
 
THE EVIL TW1N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Jose
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Hello all,
Been out of the loop here for sometime but the time has come to sell my 1969 Mach 1. I purchased the car in 2004 from San Jose Cal. with 67,000 original miles (now has 74,900). It is a stock 2V car I converted to 4V and put dual stainless steel Magnaflow on it, Edelbrock manifold, Holley 600, and MSD pro billet distributor to make it more driveable. The interior is in excellent cond., replaced dash pad, NOS clock movement, re-dyed some fading panels, and a vacuum / oil pressure gage cluster.
There is some some rust through in a couple of spots on the very lower truck drops from a leaky rear window seal when I bought it. I stopped the rust with rust mort, and it's not very easy to see with the trunk mat set, but it is there. Frame rails, shock towers, floor pans, and cowl are all in good shape. The car has always been garaged by myself and the original owner.
It will come with the original stock rally wheels (decent shape), and the magnum 500's that are on it now.
Motor is stock and runs well. FMX transmission is good and shifts and drives well, but a couple of seal leaks that need to be addressed (not bad but drips some).
I've won some awards when I showed the car early on, and the car is in as good to better condition today.
It also has Marti Report, 2.75 rear end, AM/FM.
Motor and Tranny are stock, all parts removed were saved. Other than that, I'd say paint is 7 of 10 (good driver quality), and it drives and sounds very nice.
Comps are hard to compare as many mods effect price people ask.
That said, give me your opinion on todays value if you will?
I'd appreciate the input...

Kevin--











I wouldn't bother with changing out the valve covers and little things like that. The majority of buyers wouldn't care for things like that. The ones that do are the ones looking for rarer cars than what you have.

I would guesstimate $25-28k off the top of my head.
GypsyR likes this.

1969 MaCh 1 - CHP 427w 10.8:1 comp
TFS 205cc 11R heads || Victor Jr. intake || 950 Holley HP carb || 110* 236/240 .573/.594 hyd roller cam || 1 3/4" ceramic coated headers || 3" exhaust, x-pipe || 14" 6 piston front and 13" 4 piston rear Wilwood brakes || T56 Magnum || SPEC 2+ hydraulic clutch || 9" Detroit Locker || 3.70 gears || MSD 6AL-2 || PST Aluminum DS || many more.

THE EVIL TW1N is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Turnall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dothan, AL
Posts: 1,689
Original 2V auto hurts it a little. Being as you have the original parts that go with the car I wouldn't worry about originality so much. I think 25k may be low, but like awhtx's idea...ask 35k and see what happens. It's much easier to lower the price...

Allen
Rorin67 likes this.

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread
Turnall is online now  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Verndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,129
Question on tires. I have 235/60/14's and I see a couple rub marks on inside fronts. I don't think this happened until Magnum 500 swap so maybe slightly different offset. What size is recommended? I think I might want to go taller a bit. Tires are excellent but 13+ years old, so need to do that prior to sale.

-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17

Last edited by Verndog; 04-21-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Verndog is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Turnall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dothan, AL
Posts: 1,689
If you're selling, I don't think that is a concern...

EDIT: I don't think you will get dollar for dollar back on the tires and the new owner will want the tires they want, not necessarily the tires you put on.

Allen

My build thread: Allen's Build Thread

Last edited by Turnall; 04-21-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Turnall is online now  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Verndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnall View Post
If you're selling, I don't think that is a concern...

EDIT: I don't think you will get dollar for dollar back on the tires and the new owner will want the tires they want, not necessarily the tires you put on.

Allen
Yes, I understand that. I drove that car home to Seattle from San Jose when I bought it. If I had a couple blow outs on the way, I would not be a happy camper. I will fix what needs to make it road worthy, then get what I can. Not looking to trade Karma for $1000.00 off someone elses back.

-Kevin- 69 Mach 1 - 351W - FMX - mostly original. My 69 Pics--Sold 4-25-17
Verndog is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:26 AM
Senior Member
 
JD08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 1,580
If you ask anything less than 35, you're selling it short. You may find you'll have to lower the price if it doesn't sell, but the 69-70's are fetching high prices right now.

1970 Mach 1 M code
1990 5.0 LX Limited Edition

I keep noticing the DOT puts up signs to honor my burnouts. That's nice of them.
JD08 is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
malarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: jackson, michigan
Posts: 1,837
Garage
Throw it on Ebay with a $100 starting bid, and if you are happy with 25k make that your reserve. See what happens.

69 Mach 1, 351W, T5, owned for 29 years, 03 Mach 1 Azure Blue, 65 fastback, 289, C4 (son's), 67 fastback, 289, C4 (wife's)
malarson is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 531
I'm going to say $55k is the high.
Knock off about a third so your asking price is $36,850.
I wouldn't go lower than $27k.
Makedust is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome