Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Fuel filter mount

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  cougar70 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
I think given the small size of the filter, probably you could put a simple insulated hose clamp on the apron there where the bend in the hose is already touching it, and just use it to hold the hose. It'll hold the whole line in place without looking as messy as if you attached it to the monte carlo bar. Hanging stuff from the chrome bits just always tends to look messy, even if it really does actually help tidy things up.

Reactions: Woodchuck
#10 ·
I'd want a two piece aluminum clamp. Hard to find a cleaner look. The custom bike people use them to clamp stuff to 1.25" frames and 1.00" handlebars and the like. I don't recall ever seeing one for the sizes you want though. You might search something up though. I have no clue what they are called.
They look like this though.

I imagine an amateur/hobbyist machinist could make one up if he wanted.

#11 ·
I've found plenty of those, just not in the size I need. Those would work perfect, but it's never that easy! I do have a friend who has a 3D printer, maybe this'll peak his interest..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Such reducers are what's shown in the picture.

A printed part sounds interesting. Most I've seen were a little rough but no doubt it wouldn't be too hard to smooth and polish. Black would match the filter. You could drill and tap like you would aluminum I imagine. I'd have to try it, just to see. I'd expect somebody with a 3D printer would be happy to try and make something actually useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.