Options deciphering - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Options deciphering

I've just recently received my Marti Report. I wanted to see where the car originated and what it was shipped with.
Now, it is by no means going to be a full concours restoration but I thought it would be cool to keep some of the original options.
The options listed were: Sprint Promotion A, wheel covers and tinted glass.

I have two questions:
1) How can i determine if the car did/didn't come with the front bumper guards?
2) How can i determine what color the C stripe was originally?

I know i could probably add the guards and be done with it. But i was curious about them.
And the stripe...well, i've seen 'unrestored' meadowlark yellow cars with white and black stripes. I also found a remnant of a stripe on the inside lip of my door but it's been painted over and I can't tell what it was or even if it was added during a repaint.

I've done some cursory searches but have seen conflicting info so I thought I would pose this to the experts.

Thanks!

Kris - Building the poor man's, wife-approved Mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:31 PM

I'm pretty sure the buck tag has the info on colors. The stripe (so I've heard) should match the interior. Not sure about the bumper guards.
My tag says my car should be Lime Gold with a black top. It was red with a white top when i bought it, so, yeah, it's nowhere near concourse.

69 Convertible, 351W, T5, E-Brock Performer 351-W intake, Performer Plus cam, Holley 4160, power assist, dual exhaust, 4-wheel manual drums.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ah, thanks. The stripe matching the interior matches what i've seen in pics and it makes sense.
Mine has been repainted before. It's still the factory color, though. I'll eventually strip it to the shell and paint it properly but that's a few years away.

Kris - Building the poor man's, wife-approved Mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page