Vintage Mustang Forums banner

67 Fastback Interior Sail Panel courtesy light bezel, where to get them?

718 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  22GT 
#1 ·
My 1967 Mustang Fastback Interior Courtesy Light Assembly in the rear sail panel, both of them, need to be replaced. I have two options here, I send them somewhere, they polish it, chrome it, etc, but the costs are high, and the other option are the scott drake ones but I read horrible reviews regarding them, they appear to be loose.

So my question is, is there anyone out there that reproduces the bezels or the whole light, with the yellow light (no LED), do you have any ideas or recommendations? Thanks !

#3 ·
I have a set of the SD fastback interior lights, and they are tight in the holes. Granted, I have a set of aftermarket panels that were splashed of an original set, but as far as I can tell, the light holes are the same size.

Reactions: phili878
#4 ·
Just installed a set of SD ones. As with every single one I install.......loose. Like an old ladies are in a wizards sleeve. And if you bend the pins they still rattle but then they are harder to remove. I snap rubber bands around them

Reactions: phili878
#5 ·
I sometimes really don't understand SD... with the horse fender emblems they come straight instead of curved....then these the size is wrong and they come loose... thanks for confirming. I will wait and try get some OEM ones if they appear as I have the original side panel still where it would be to loose as several now suggested.

By the way, can you please confirm in terms of when I take the old ones out, if I have to remove the whole rear side panel below the vent grill (or vent grill too?), or can I just pull them out? I tried pulling one out, it does move a bit, but before I take my tools to force it out I'd thought I would ask first.

Thanks !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.