Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Chip Foose Built 1965 Mustang on Ebay

9K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  uncledoodoo 
#1 ·
Wow!
Someone has a car built for them from the ground up and now its for sale and can be yours. Featured on Overhaulin Season 7 Episode 2.

1965 Ford Mustang | eBay

#6 ·
As usual, excellent attention to detail. However, I don't like the colors, the wheels, the green engine, the stripes. I remember the episode and I think Chip is an awesome artist, both on paper and on cars...obviously, he is a multi-millionaire due to his talents. However, I wouldn't want him to do any of my cars...or anyone else for that matter, unless I could direct he entire project. Then I would get the exact car I wanted.

#8 ·
#14 ·
I know Foose likes his two-tone paint schemes, but that just isn't right, along with the headliner matching the upholstery.

#16 ·
I guess if they have only driven it 25 miles since the show...brother did not really like it...

Reactions: evantugby
#17 ·
New seats, door panels and headliner would fix the interior, but those stripes are painted on. That's going to make for a lot of work to fix that problem.

#21 ·
LOL, needed more fan and rad :kneeslapper:=Low miles. Not enough for a full shakedown.
i wonder if they had a "no sale" agreement for "X" number of years. It seems at least 4 years old now.

No telling which one but it was definitely a FEAR that kept that @25 miles or was the speedo discoed?

#22 · (Edited)
Wow... shocked at the mileage too... I put well over 100 miles just cruising my old C10 today.

That car would have had 1,000 miles on it the first weekend I had it back. 4 years? It would probably have at least 9-10K if it were mine by now.

I actually spoke with the shop manager of Chip's shop at a car show last month, and he implied Chip was more "hired help" on the show, than actually running it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.